Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 10-25-2007, 01:03 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 6-1!!!

Two straight weekends of no Packer game, but we do have Monday night. Should be a good game with the Broncos actually starting to play well.

So with that said let's go Redsox.
Old 10-25-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Two straight weekends of no Packer game, but we do have Monday night. Should be a good game with the Broncos actually starting to play well.

So with that said let's go Redsox.
Yea im gonna miss it, i work nights. So being a VTech/ Redsox/ Packer Fan im so screwed this week... Man im so ticked
Old 10-25-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This will be interesting going up against a very good pass defense and a poor run defense. We need to learn to run the football or it could be a long night with Bailey and Bly back there. Our defense should be able to shut down a banged up Travis Henry and without J-Walk their passing attack is relying on Brandon Marshall and Brandon Stokley; like our chances there.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This definately has a chance to be a very entertaining game. Green Bay is really going to have to make an effort in establishing the run because Denver has some good players in the secondary. I do also think we are going to see some magic from Favre.

And why the Red Sox? Go for the underdog. Go Rockies!

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
This definately has a chance to be a very entertaining game. Green Bay is really going to have to make an effort in establishing the run because Denver has some good players in the secondary. I do also think we are going to see some magic from Favre.

And why the Red Sox? Go for the underdog. Go Rockies!
Because they won game one. I'm just rooting for the sweep.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Because they won game one. I'm just rooting for the sweep.
Haha, I like your logic. Even though it is very good logic, I still won't root for the Sox. Go Rockies! But then again, who cares, really, go Packers!!!

And I agree with JF4 that we are going to really need to estblish the run game. Our passing game could be very hard to come by again this week. Should prove interesting.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

I think there should be some room for a passing game with Robinson hopefully giving us 4 good receivers. This will be a good test for the running backs against a bad run defense though.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

We need a commitment to running the ball this game. I think we need to give Wynn, Grant and Morency carries. Just pound the ball. Stack eight in the box to stop their running game. I'm confident that our corners can stop Marshall and Stokley.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
We need a commitment to running the ball this game. I think we need to give Wynn, Grant and Morency carries. Just pound the ball. Stack eight in the box to stop their running game. I'm confident that our corners can stop Marshall and Stokley.
I agree.

Run the ball, even if it's not working at first just keep running it and be conservative with the passing.

I do not see that horrible offense scoring much on our D, so we just need to play smart ball.

This is a pretty big game with Detroit at 5-2 now, a loss would drop us to a tie for the division lead. Yuck.

P.S. - Last time I actually got to watch a game James Jones fumbled twice. If he fumbles again I will poison him! Okay.. maybe not poison him.. but.. a nasty letter. NASTY I SAY.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG I WANT THE GAME ALREADY THIS WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATLEAST it is a short week after the game so i wont have to wait so long!

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
OMG I WANT THE GAME ALREADY THIS WAIT IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATLEAST it is a short week after the game so i wont have to wait so long!
No kidding! it seems like the Packers haven't played in forever

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

draw plays, test the depth in the secondary using jones/robinson against #3/#4 CBs, and let our defense give us turnovers and field position

simple

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect a low scoring game

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
I agree.

Run the ball, even if it's not working at first just keep running it and be conservative with the passing.
I have to disagree with you here. Yes we should try to run, but if it's not working don't force it. Running and being conservative is not our game. Remember when we tried that against the Bears. The Broncos pass defense is much better than their run defense, but the same goes for our offense. Champ and Driver will be the featured match up of the night. However we can send him on the quick slants which doesn't give Baily a chance to make a play. Dre Bly is nothing special, I see the matchup with him as nothing more than what Jennings faces every week. I expect a big game out of James Jones he should be open often. As strange as it sounds I think the way to attack the Broncos defense is through the air. Get out in three reciever sets with Donald Lee on the line and Wynn in the backfield. I think they'll have a hard time stopping us from that. Slant Driver, send Lee on an out, Jennings on a fly, Jones on a hitch, and keep Wynn in to pass protect the weakside. I can't see the Broncos being able to cover that. Maybe even Korey Hall in the backfield, but screening to Wynn should get us some good yards, expect to see that a couple times tonight. I also don't see a low scoring game as Hawk said. 24-10 Packers.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does the game start at 8 or 7:30 CT? Anybody know. I thought it would start at 7:30 had there been a game 5...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

why are you guys so anxious for the game? broncos will tear it up. im jp, im not really here to be a dick in your thread. lol ive been lookin forward to this game all year considering a. i live in WI but my fave team is the broncos, my whole family loves the packers, so does everyone in my school. my little sister (who thinks champ bailey is older then brett favre) bet me 10$ on the game. hahahahahaha anyway gg
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
why are you guys so anxious for the game? broncos will tear it up. im jp, im not really here to be a dick in your thread. lol ive been lookin forward to this game all year considering a. i live in WI but my fave team is the broncos, my whole family loves the packers, so does everyone in my school. my little sister (who thinks champ bailey is older then brett favre) bet me 10$ on the game. hahahahahaha anyway gg
Only 10? Poor girl, she must not know much about football.

Hitman D

Old 10-29-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
Why dont you just go to NFL.com and prove to her that favre was born in 69

Quick Matchup
QB: GB
RB: DEN
WR/TE: GB
OL: DEN

DL: GB
LB: GB
DB: DEN (Though we're not that far off when it comes to CB's)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Last edited by neko4 : 10-29-2007 at 04:59 PM.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shoul i go to my school's rescheduled game tonite or stay home and watch MNF? Im severly conflicted

Old 10-29-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Why dont you just go to NFL.com and prove to her that favre was born in 69

Quick Matchup
QB: GB
RB: DEN
WR/TE: GB
OL: DEN

DL: GB
LB: GB
DB: DEN (Though we're not that far off when it comes to CB's)
I think our DB's as a whole are better. We trump them in safeties, Woodson > Bly, but Bailey is better then Harris, I'll give them that.

Hitman D

Old 10-29-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I think our DB's as a whole are better. We trump them in safeties, Woodson > Bly, but Bailey is better then Harris, I'll give them that.
Plus isnt Bly like 34?
Not sure about that but they have a much better Nickel than us

Old 10-29-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Plus isnt Bly like 34?
Not sure about that but they have a much better Nickel than us
Yeah, but our safeties make up for that. Lynch is good, but getting old, and Ferguson is just old.

Hitman D

Old 10-29-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
draw plays, test the depth in the secondary using jones/robinson against #3/#4 CBs, and let our defense give us turnovers and field position

simple
Koren Robinson will not play. He had a bad week of practice which isn't too concerning to me considering this is his first in a year. He was even having trouble fielding punts. Even if he was ready to play he wouldn't be ready to contribute on offense, at this point we're better off with Ruvell Martin. Next week he should definitely be ready as a returner and might take some snaps too.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Brady Poppinga as the Swarmn Mormon

Old 10-29-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

James Jones!!!!!!!!!!!!!