Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 10-26-2007, 12:32 AM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.
Default Darrel Scott?

Hey fellas I appreciate this forum because you all sound like you know what you are talking about. So I pose this question..where do you all see d scott going? UCLA???? I think if he goes to colorado he will be a 3 year starter assuming he leaves as a junior...thoughts? Thanks guys
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDucks View Post
Hey fellas I appreciate this forum because you all sound like you know what you are talking about. So I pose this question..where do you all see d scott going? UCLA???? I think if he goes to colorado he will be a 3 year starter assuming he leaves as a junior...thoughts? Thanks guys
I think it will come down to either Florida St. and LSU.

Michael "Franchise" Young QB Akron Zepplins #10
164/281, 58.4% 1956 yards, 10 TD/8 INT
50 rushes, 321 yards, 4 TD, 6.4 YPC
Record: 7-3
DWilliams2IndyColts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:14 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

Really? Kinda shying away from pac ten then?
Old 10-26-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'd be a fool to go to USC. I'm thinking Colorado, FSU, or LSU, with Colorado winning his services.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

I know he wouldnt go to usc, I was aiming toward UCLA. But I hope he doesnt go pac ten I dont want my ducks playing him. Im hoping he goes FSU
Old 10-26-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't know why he'd want to come here. Our offensive line couldn't stop a high school defensive line.
Old 10-27-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
I honestly don't know why he'd want to come here. Our offensive line couldn't stop a high school defensive line.
Haha you are right about that. Why not oregon?? haha
Old 10-27-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DWilliams2IndyColts hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm sure if he went to FSU some top O-Line Prospects would back out of their committments.

Old 10-29-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
CM4
Rookie

CM4 CM4 CM4

Hey "OREGON DUCKS" and "DWILLIAMSINDY", something tells me you either know Darrell or related. JOSH? D? if so you will know who this is by my user name.
CM4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

Im not related nor do I know him.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
DWilliams2IndyColts
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM4 View Post
Hey "OREGON DUCKS" and "DWILLIAMSINDY", something tells me you either know Darrell or related. JOSH? D? if so you will know who this is by my user name.
How does it sound like that?

Old 10-29-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

why would he wanan go to oregon? i mean playing in a spread offence doesnt really help your stock... go to a team liek colorado where he will pound hte ball and htey have a decent oline

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
why would he wanan go to oregon? i mean playing in a spread offence doesnt really help your stock... go to a team liek colorado where he will pound hte ball and htey have a decent oline
It's not hurting Stewart's stock. I think Scott would be pretty good in any offense, even a spread because of his speed. He can run inside the tackles as well as any back in the past few years, but he's also a homerun threat.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Texas seems to be back in the running for Scott. He was supposedly very interested in UT but we weren't showing him much interest in return. Looks like we recently offered and rumor was that he was taking a visit, not sure whether he actually made it out to Austin or not.

Last time we got a RB from California, it worked out pretty nice. :D
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm thinking Colorado fans should start to get a little excited. I hope he does go there rather than to a power school.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Gchu83
Rookie

Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Gchu83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
I'm thinking Colorado fans should start to get a little excited. I hope he does go there rather than to a power school.
Why should they start getting excited? Any inside info.? BTW...Scott will be taking an official visit to Austin this weekend for UT/Tech weekend.
Gchu83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

I have no inside info. It's just where I think he's going.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Colorado would be a really smart choice. He wouldn't have to worry about much competition, he'd have a great coach, and would have the thought of starting his own legacy.

He'll be extremely successful wherever he goes. I truely believe he's the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstock05 View Post
Colorado would be a really smart choice. He wouldn't have to worry about much competition, he'd have a great coach, and would have the thought of starting his own legacy.

He'll be extremely successful wherever he goes. I truely believe he's the best RB prospect since Adrian Peterson.
I dunno if I would go that far. I watched tape and hes great but not AD great.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he's the best out of HS since AD, but AD was on another level. If I remember correctly, AD wanted to go straight to the pros, but he wasn't allowed to.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

Yeah, maybe Im wrong, everyone has their opinions..
Old 11-07-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

Florida fans really seem to think he might pick Florida.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
Florida fans really seem to think he might pick Florida.
Nope, they aren't allowed to have Tebow, Harvin and Scott on the same offense.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:37 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
He didn't say AD great. He said since AD, which I agree with.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:04 AM    (permalink
gstock05
Veteran

gstock05 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Go watch Peterson's highschool highlights and Scott's highschool highlights then compare.

IMO, Scott is shiftier, a bit faster, but not quite as powerful as Peterson. The thing I like about Scott is he has a lower center of gravity. Comparing anybody to Peterson is REALLY hard nowadays, but as far as highschool prospects, I really think they're both very much elite, with Chris Wells a miniscule notch below.
gstock05 is offline   Reply With Quote