Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 02-10-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default #1 Prospect= Joe Mcknight or Jimmy Clausen

ESPN's poster boy, or the all world Rivals #1 recruit...

Discuss...

Joe Mcknight=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=3Pi2aKx2STY

Jimmy Clausen=
http://youtube.com/watch?v=52uQAv0XiIA
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

clausen seems like he's the better prospect, if anything his pedigree breaks the tie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
mpindo3
Rookie

mpindo3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Everson Griffen[/thread]
mpindo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

mcknight...i think he has heisman potential

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
snuff

Ryan Mallet
Old 02-10-2007, 01:53 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Corp and Marc Tyler

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:24 AM    (permalink
asu2100
Rookie

asu2100 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83
Everson Griffen[/thread]
tru dat, kids a beast
asu2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

Chris Izbicki

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWFender1
and clausen doesn't?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of the two i say McKnight because he excelled against better competition this year. He was amazing in the Hoover game.
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Everson Griffen
2. Terrence Toliver
3. Ryan Mallett
4. Joe McKnight
5. Eric Berry
Old 02-10-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sold on Clausen. Probably will have to adjust to the speed of the game before he can become the prospect we think he'll be. Let's see how good Charlie Weis is as a guru.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Everson Griffen.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

no, doubtful soybean because i think he will be like brady quinn...another good QB playing for a lousy team

Old 02-10-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
amiyahomiojs

Quote:
Your a USC fan, like that isn't biased. :roll:
Old 02-10-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Quote:
Your a USC fan, like that isn't biased. :roll:

As am I, but Mcknight didn't get my vote.

And Everson Griffen is pretty raw as a player, at this point he relies to heavily on speed and strength over technique. Can't wait to see him develop in Cardinal and Gold though! :D
Old 02-10-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, doubtful soybean because i think he will be like brady quinn...another good QB playing for a lousy team
yeah they were lousy, but we're finally getting into charlie weis' recruiting class. Before when he took over he was playing the cards that were dealt to him by tyrone willingham. Now he's got hes finally got his own players to work with.

I dont think they'll be beating usc anytime soon but i also dont think they'll be roadkill either.

The media doesn't lie, last person to receive so much attention out of high school? lebron james, and look how that turned out. Plus we dont know what either mcknight or clausen can do at the college level just yet.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Also look at how both players fit in each system.

Clausen is perfect for Notre Dame's/Charlie Weis's offense.

And you know USC is going to line up JM all over the field ala Reggie Bush. Wouldn't doubt seeing him used alot in the slot like Reggie was used in New Orleans this year, considering USC signed the Saints Passing coach to the same position this offseason.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SouthernPride396
Rookie

SouthernPride396 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mcknight, in my opinion, but I haven't really seen Clausen.

When McKnight and John Curtis played Hoover, he really torched us.

Sig by DChess
SouthernPride396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

so far everything i have seen from clausen makes me think he is overrated...he hasnt proven anything to me yet....mcknight has great speed and is an all purpouse back

Old 02-10-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
so far everything i have seen from clausen makes me think he is overrated...he hasnt proven anything to me yet....mcknight has great speed and is an all purpouse back
what do you mean mechanics, style of play or stats?
Old 02-10-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

well i cant fairly judge him until i watch him at the college level but he just doesnt seem as good as the hype from watching him in videos...im not sure how difficult his competition is but he just doesnt strike me as being so special to deserve all the attention he has been getting. he looks good but i dont know that he is the next best thing to happen to college football. i have a feeling there will be lower ranked QBs recruited that will out perform him when he starts

Old 02-11-2007, 12:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
And you know USC is going to line up JM all over the field ala Reggie Bush. Wouldn't doubt seeing him used alot in the slot like Reggie was used in New Orleans this year, considering USC signed the Saints Passing coach to the same position this offseason.
now i may be late, but either way thats good info to me, hadnt heard who they signed, and i think its interesting they went after the #1 offense this year who uses bush, and spreads the field....if thats the case mcknight should be beastly especially with all the talent on the field

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
well i cant fairly judge him until i watch him at the college level but he just doesnt seem as good as the hype from watching him in videos...im not sure how difficult his competition is but he just doesnt strike me as being so special to deserve all the attention he has been getting. he looks good but i dont know that he is the next best thing to happen to college football. i have a feeling there will be lower ranked QBs recruited that will out perform him when he starts
right on, right on.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
I bleed green

Well besides Noel Devine, I think Terrance Toliver will be this year's best offensive recruit. Out of those two though, McKnight.