Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 10-30-2007, 03:01 AM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default desean jackson or bust!

every mock i see its long this or campbell that. i know we need a RDE, but we are awful at WR. curry is the only one worth a starting spot. and when it comes to special teams were equally as bad. thats why were bring in tim dwight. woooow...really? were that desperate! thats were desean comes into play. he will kill 2 birds with one stone. i think we need to surround jamarcus with all the tools possible to help him succeed, ala the colts with peyton manning. what do you guys think?

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidersfanxxx View Post
every mock i see its long this or campbell that. i know we need a RDE, but we are awful at WR. curry is the only one worth a starting spot. and when it comes to special teams were equally as bad. thats why were bring in tim dwight. woooow...really? were that desperate! thats were desean comes into play. he will kill 2 birds with one stone. i think we need to surround jamarcus with all the tools possible to help him succeed, ala the colts with peyton manning. what do you guys think?
But can't you easily get a WR in early round 2 like Early Doucet, Limas Sweed, or Harry Douglas?

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
But can't you easily get a WR in early round 2 like Early Doucet, Limas Sweed, or Harry Douglas?
Not only that but the WR's you listed fit our system better than Jackson does.I like DJ Hall alot though.Our pass rush is even worse than our WRs.What we should be doing is trying to get the ball more into Zach Miller's hands.The way I see it RDE,NT,and OT are all alot more needed than WR.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a big time playmaker on offense, whether it be WR or a RB like McFadden (if we get to pick that high). Jackson would be nice, but I think it is unlikely because he probably won't be worth a top 10 pick. I think he is somewhat similar to Ginn and MIA got a ton of criticism for picking him at that spot. Like the other guys said you can find good WR talent in round 2.

Don't forget SS, we really need one of those as well. I would like to see either DT or SS in the 1st because we really need an impact player in those spots.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:32 AM    (permalink
raidersfanxxx
Rookie

raidersfanxxx hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

we would be crazy not to pick up a wideout on the first day.

sig by Eaglez.Fan
raidersfanxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:49 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a runningback, and I'm not convinced that Michael Bush is that guy. I would absolutely love McFadden, but I shudder at how much we'd have to suck down the stretch to sign him, and at how much that would cost. Someone like Felix Jones or Kevin Smith in the second round would be nice.

I don't think we're completely awful at wideout. Whether Porter will stick around very long or not is certainly a question, but him paired with Curry is a fine tandem. I'm not saying we couldn't use a promising youngster, but I don't think it's a 1st round priority.

With the way Sims is playing and the way our run defense is playing, those are obviously the things that need to be addressed.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would really like to take Limes Sweed Desean Jackson. Our Wr's blow dogs for quarters. We also can't do much with Daunte Culpecker under the gun. I'm hoping JR is ready to start next season.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote