Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-31-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Laptop Recommendations

Hey,

I might be in the market for a new laptop in the near future and am just starting to do a little research. I don't want anything too slow so that it's a pain to use and would like to get something somewhat comparable to my desktop (Intel Core 2 2.40 GHz, 2GB RAM).

Anyone have any recommendations?

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What price range are you looking at?
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love my ASUS laptop, so I will always suggest them, they have selection from cheap-expensive, ultraportables-desktop replacements, customizable-standard.

Check out their site to see their products and to get links to dealers.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always been a fan of Lenovo's Thinkpad notebooks. They're always solid and reliable.

Just a few to look at:

http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/c...8E19B36EC665A7
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Alienware, you can customize what parts you get. That's what I have and I love it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentN View Post
I like Alienware, you can customize what parts you get. That's what I have and I love it.
Ridiculously overpriced.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Ridiculously overpriced.

But they look so cool!

When you are buying an Alienware product, you are buying their name and their service (which is actually very good) I'd stray away because of pricing.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sony Vaio are where it's at

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I kinda want an apple, but yeah sony vaios and certain hps also seem good

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
What price range are you looking at?
Maybe $2,500-ish...

Old 10-31-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Chaucer
Rookie

Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Chaucer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Get a macbook so we can video chat.
Chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaucer View Post
Get a macbook so we can video chat.
Sorry, I'm a PC guy.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what are you looking for?

Business, gaming or just browsing..

Business I'd lean Lenovo/IBM

Gaming I'd lean Alienware/Dell or HP...

Just browsing I'd go HP.

2500 should buy you a hell of a laptop.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

I won't be gaming on it at all. The main things I need it for are wireless internet browsing, Photoshop, FTP program to upload files for the site and stuff like that.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Maybe $2,500-ish...
Dell XPS M1710 looks like it could fit your needs.

http://www.dell.com/content/products...en&s=dhs&cs=19

You can definitely get one setup for less than $2,500.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

photoshop!!!

laptop with good amount of memory lots of space on the harddrive

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I won't be gaming on it at all. The main things I need it for are wireless internet browsing, Photoshop, FTP program to upload files for the site and stuff like that.
For everything you have listed right there....

There is nothing beter than a Macbook for you. They are used to specialize in things such as website making, photo/video editing and the whole multimedia bundle. I would stronlgy reccomend a Macbook for yours needs.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am typing this on a Dell Latitude Notebook. I have had it over a year, and I have had no complaints.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
For everything you have listed right there....

There is nothing beter than a Macbook for you. They are used to specialize in things such as website making, photo/video editing and the whole multimedia bundle. I would stronlgy reccomend a Macbook for yours needs.
he already said he's not a mac guy... doubt he goes for it.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stay away from Dell i have it(Inspiron) and i have had a lot of problems so far. Same with Sony stay away, both use outside parts a lot of them and put it together in their laptops.

You want to spend 2,500 and you do some basic things, besides Photoshop. If you want portable as well, go IBM. They are nice, and you should be able to change the graphic card and not get stuck with the Intel one. Toshiba is another way to go, but I say IBM.
Old 11-01-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Stay away from Dell i have it(Inspiron) and i have had a lot of problems so far. Same with Sony stay away, both use outside parts a lot of them and put it together in their laptops.

You want to spend 2,500 and you do some basic things, besides Photoshop. If you want portable as well, go IBM. They are nice, and you should be able to change the graphic card and not get stuck with the Intel one. Toshiba is another way to go, but I say IBM.
What laptop company doesn't use "outside parts"?

IBM doesn't make laptops. Their laptop division was purchased by Lenovo years ago.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
McBain
Veteran

McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.McBain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't forget porn!
Old 11-01-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my school gives us HPs, and yea for the stuff you are looking to use it for, it works very well.

Gaming... ? not so great...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Toshiba has been making the best ;aptops over the past few years...just recently bought a Satellite A215-S4757

It has been great so far...no complaints with Vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as top of the line products...which you seem to be looking for I have a couple of options. But I have a question for you...since you have a desktop you like would you want a easily portable laptop. I would assume that would be ideal..basically you lose some gaming capabilities and the screen size isn't going to be great for movies. But there are some really good products in that range right now.

Dell XPS M1330 - would probably be my person pick
Lenovo ThinkPad X61s - probably gives you a little better overall performance
Fujitsu LifeBook S2210 - the best performance wise..battery life isn't as good

If portability isn't a big problem for you definately go
Toshiba Qosmio G45-AV680 (Core 2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 160GB HDD, Vista Ultimate)
basically top of the line laptop out...#1 rated on Cnet in your price range.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote