Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 03-03-2007, 12:27 AM    (permalink
twotondawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriles0522 View Post
Personally, I think that the defense is further along than the offense. Yes, we need a few young dlineman, and maybe a corner, but besides that we have plenty to get by. On offense we lack the three most important things, an offensive line, a running back, and a QB. I'm all for BPA in this draft, and if that means Peterson or Thomas then that's our guy. Also, I'm all for the trade down where i would love Quinn or Peterson, branch is solid no doubt, but seriously, do we need a richard seymour more than an LT or franchise QB? I don't think so. Also, i'm not a bush fan, he's too big to run like a fairy.
Well then the question is; Are you absolutely 100% positive that Peterson is LT(like) and Quinn is a franchise QB? I'm not so sure. If I was positive that we would have a terrible year next year and that he would come out; I would be all for living with Reuben and getting the next LT in McFadden.(but I have hope, and that may be looking too far ahead)
Old 03-03-2007, 09:28 AM    (permalink
KBN570
Rookie

KBN570 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
The Bucs wont move up, the player they want might be CJ and they know the odds of us taking him are low.
They'd probably trade if we leverage trading with another team and they risk having CJ taken ahead of their pick.
KBN570 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
KBN570
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail Browns View Post
If the Eagles don't bring Donte Stallworth back, I'd really like to see him sign with us. He's a type of receiver we don't have, a really fast one. He'd help stretch defenses a bit, and he's a legitamite slot man so that we wouldn't need to have someone so unproven (Wilson), sitting at the 3 spot on the depth chart.

I love Donte's skills, but I can't remember if he's ever played a full season.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
juve1325

I was just wondering, with all these rumors that the lions might not take joe thomas now would we still take him if he fell to us. I really wouldn't mind because it would us to play shaffer at rt which he would be better at and then steinbach at one of the guard spots. If bently comes back next year we would have one hell of a line that hopefully we wouldn't have to worry about for a long time. And I wouldn't be worried about passing up adrien peterson because if we tank it this year, (which I kind of hope we do so that we can get cowher) we will have a chance at mcfadden who I think is gonna be the next L.T.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you a Bills and browns fan or what? Better change your sig, clements signed with the 49ers. Also, I do not want Cowher, I don't think he is that good of a coach.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
juve1325

I am a browns fan,but somehow my sig got put as that. I never even had a sig. I tried to change it when I saw that but it won't let me. I'll keep trying
Old 03-03-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Juve, if we moved Shaffer to RT, Steinach at guard, bentley and then drafted Thomas, we would have the most exspensive OL in NFL history.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBN570 View Post
I love Donte's skills, but I can't remember if he's ever played a full season.
I think he just did with Philly. However, I was just hearing that we wants like, 6 yrs. 40 mil. If he wants that much, nevermind. I would like to see us grab a WR who can stretch the field at some time.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

A few of you guys are really blowing my mind right now. How can you justify passing on Peterson, so that we can get McFadden next year? We are not gonna get him, and how do you know he's the second coming of anything. And for whoever told me we can't draft peterson because hes not the next LT or Quinn because hes not a franchise QB, how can you then say lets draft alan branch? How do you know he's the next richard seymour?

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
j_Tress

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Also, I do not want Cowher, I don't think he is that good of a coach.
how...

what...

what do i say to that...

it's false. i mean... are you kidding?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:09 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_Tress View Post
how...

what...

what do i say to that...

it's false. i mean... are you kidding?

Cowher here woud be a godsend.

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
twotondawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriles0522 View Post
A few of you guys are really blowing my mind right now. How can you justify passing on Peterson, so that we can get McFadden next year? We are not gonna get him, and how do you know he's the second coming of anything. And for whoever told me we can't draft peterson because hes not the next LT or Quinn because hes not a franchise QB, how can you then say lets draft alan branch? How do you know he's the next richard seymour?
Hang on, calm down. I'm not trying to justify passing on him just throwing ideas out there. Also, i'm not saying we can't/won't/shouldn't draft AP or Quinn. I just want a low(er) risk player. Quinn is shaky at times but I would be happy with taking him. AP has some injury issues, but, once again i'd be happy with him. I don't think we can go wrong with this draft. (Although knowing the Browns past history....)
Old 03-03-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

"Cowher here woud be a godsend."

Hes still under contract for 1 year with the Steelers, meaning if we got him next year we would have to compensate the Steelers with something.

Maybe Marty Shotenheimer? To bad be wouldnt be able to keep Crennel for the D cordinator spot.

But it doesnt matter, Crennel will have a good year and hopefully be back next year.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotondawg View Post
Hang on, calm down. I'm not trying to justify passing on him just throwing ideas out there. Also, i'm not saying we can't/won't/shouldn't draft AP or Quinn. I just want a low(er) risk player. Quinn is shaky at times but I would be happy with taking him. AP has some injury issues, but, once again i'd be happy with him. I don't think we can go wrong with this draft. (Although knowing the Browns past history....)
I totally agree. No matter who we take whether it's branch, CJ, AP, Quinn or Thomas, I'm be pretty sure savage will make the right move.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

What do you guys think about trying to trade for Dominique Williams? The Texas running back who was hurt this year but ran pretty darn good behind a bad offensive line...

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/395946

What would it take for us to get him so we can take QUinn, Branch, THomas, CJ?
Old 03-03-2007, 11:26 PM    (permalink
snazel
Rookie

snazel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't see us nabbing up a second-tier guy at RB in FA. We've got depth, we just don't have a franchise back/homerun hitter.
snazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Hes not a FA, and put up Pro Bowl numbers with one of the worste OL's at the time. He was hurt last year, but we should look into trading a 4rth round pick for him.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
snazel
Rookie

snazel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

In that case then I'd really say no. We can find a starting OG or DE in rd4 and find a true franchise back in Peterson rd1. I'd take Alford or Johnson rd4 over trading for him.
snazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:05 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Heres my newest theory.....

Trade 3rd overall pick to Falcons for: 10th pick, future 1st and Matt Schaub.

Use the 10th pick to draft Marshawn Lynch.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

What are we going to do with our safety depth?

Most likely Russell wont be back and that leaves us with: Poole, Jones, and Hamilton. We have to have at least 1 more.....Draft or FA?

Heres to getting Mike Doss this offseason.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Heres my projected 2007 Browns roster, draft & FA.

-TRADE: 3rd pick for Falcons 10th, Schaub and 2008 1st RD pick.
DRAFT:
1 - Marshawn Lynch - more versitile and durable than Peterson
2 - Dwayne Jarrett - slow 40 will drop him with all the WR talent available
3 - Kareem Brown - Might start right away for us at DE
4 - Manuel Ramirez - might push Sowells to start right away, depth
5 - Damien Hughes - unathletic combine will obviously drop his status, 4.7 fourty, maybe a safety?
6 - Leroy Harris - OC backup, depth
7 - BPA

Free Agency:
LG - Eric Steinbach
OC - Hank Fraley
OLB - Antwan Peek
CB - Rodrerik Hood
SS - Mike Doss
NT - Shaun Smith

ROSTER:
QB - Matt Schaub - Charlie Frye - Derek Anderson
RB - Marshawn Lynch - Reuben Droughns - Jerome Harrison
FB - Terrell Smith - Laurence Vickers
WR - Braylon Edwards - Travis Wilson
WR - Dwayne Jarrett - Joe Jourovicius
TE - Kellen Winslow - Steve Heiden
LT - Kevin Shaffer - Kelly Butler
LG - Eric Steinbach - Joe Andruzzi
OC - Hank Fraley - Leroy Harris - Lecharles Bentley
RG - Manny Ramirez - Rob Simms
RT - Ryan Tucker - Isaac Sowells

DE - Orpeous Roye - Simon Frasier
NT - Ted Washington - Shaun Smith
DE - Kareem Brown - Orien Harris - Nick Eason
WLB - Kamerion Wimbley - Matt Stewart
MLB - Andra Davis - Chaun Thompson
MLB - DQwell Jackson - Leon Williams - Mason Unck
SLB - Willie McGinest - Antwan Peek
CB - Leigh Bodden - Dmario Minter
FS - Brodney Poole - Justin Hamilton
SS - Sean Jones - Mike Doss
CB - Rodrick Hood - Damien Hughes - Daven Holly

KR - Josh Cribbs
PR - Jerome Harrison
K - Phil Dawson
P - Dave Zastudil
LS - Mike Pontbriand

SEASON finish:
Saints = L
Bengals = W
Ravens = L
Raiders = W
Panthers = L
BYE
Broncos = W
Jets = W
Chargers = L
Falcons = W
Steelers = W
Bengals = L
Cheifs = L
Steelers = L
Ravens = W
Buccaneers = W
Texans = W
Overall: 9-7

thoughts?

Last edited by JoeMontainya : 03-04-2007 at 12:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

THis is out of the blue, but does anyone else want to take our "orange color" in the Unis and make it a dark colored orange?

I think that would be sweet.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SE...olor_pal_1.jpg
Were at about the third level, we need to go all the way to the right. Might make our team look meaner.
Old 03-04-2007, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Um, Daymieon Hughes is still a 2nd rounder, 3rd at worst, not a 5th. He ran a 4.6, not a 4.7, and will not drop out of day one. He's still the best cover corner in this draft. And we need to address the lines earlier than the 3rd. 2nd rd, take a lineman, I don't care which side of the ball. And trading to 10 is too far down, I don't think there are many people as high on Lynch as you are. I want to stay in the top 7, and take one of the impact players available.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

4.6-4.7 corners DO NOT go in RD2. Hes not in the top 3 corners right now! Leon Hall, Darrelle Revis, Chris Houston. Scott dropped Hughes to his #9 overall corner after the combine and im sure he will fall farther after his pro day. His best time was a 4.65.
Old 03-04-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
KBN570
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail Browns View Post
I don't think there are many people as high on Lynch as you are.
For what it's worth I'm very high on Lynch too... I love his size, his athleticism, his pass catching ability... there's so much to love. I think I would almost rather have him than Peterson, because I think he is more versatile, has less of an injury history, and isn't as big of an injury risk as peterson and his upright running style. Sure Peterson is more athletically gifted, but I'd rather have Lynch... if we can trade down and still get Lynch that would be gravy!