Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 03-10-2007, 01:42 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun SMith coulkd be an intriguing addition. Probably won't ever develop into the top flight potential that he once had, but could be a solid rotational DL talent if utilized correctly.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:36 AM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

well i just saw brian russel signed with the seahawks opening the door for brodney pool

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 09:39 AM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

also do you think that we will resign nat dorsey, cosey coleman, and nick eason. id like to see eason resigned i thought he did ok as a rotational guy

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:01 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

probably none of them will be resigned.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would like to see Pool at corner even though Russell is gone.

Wright really has no business starting, but i think he would adequate at safety if need be, allowing Pool to start at corner and Holley nickel.

It would be amazing if Justin Hamilton broke out and became a starter at S....he has the tools.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:14 AM    (permalink
icantackleclaret
Rookie

icantackleclaret hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Does anyone disagree with this: In rounds 1-3 we need 1 RB, 1 G, and 1 DE/NT
I think we should go G in 2nd or 3rd (ie Grubbs,Blaylock or Manny) and RB in 1st or 3rd (ie AD or trade down and get Lynch, or whoever falls in 3rd such as Pittman or Hunt.) Any thoughts?

Thanks to Bosanac01 for the sig.
icantackleclaret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:57 AM    (permalink
kew174psu

Default Division rival Browns sign Bengals' Smith to offer sheet

What do you think of us signing Shaun Smith as NT?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hello, Cleveland fans. Had a question for you...

The Lions cut RT Kelly Butler last year, and you picked him up. He played 6 games for you in 2006 (started 5). How did he do on the field?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Hail Browns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Hello, Cleveland fans. Had a question for you...

The Lions cut RT Kelly Butler last year, and you picked him up. He played 6 games for you in 2006 (started 5). How did he do on the field?

I'd say he was a decent performer. I don't think he'll really ever be more than an adequate starter, but he's a good backup, good insurance policy. If Ryan Tucker doesn't come back and Butler ends up starting, we'll be OK on that right side, but nothing more than that.
Hail Browns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Butler played pretty well for us last year. He's a good insurance policy in case Ryan Tucker goes crazy again.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kew174psu View Post
What do you think of us signing Shaun Smith as NT?

It could pay big dividends for us. I'm not expecting that, but I think he'll help us with depth problems.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Yeah Butler played pretty well for us last year. He's a good insurance policy in case Ryan Tucker goes crazy again.
Let's hope he doesn't though, I don't feel like having another mess because of people going crazy and others getting hurt.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:20 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
I would like to see Pool at corner even though Russell is gone.

Wright really has no business starting, but i think he would adequate at safety if need be, allowing Pool to start at corner and Holley nickel.

It would be amazing if Justin Hamilton broke out and became a starter at S....he has the tools.
I think Poole would be a better starter at CB, he did solid last year being thrown in under the fire. With a year to prepare, he could be a very physical corner kin of like Baxter, but IMO alot more athletic.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Browns | Smith offer sheet update
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 08:15:41 -0800

Geoff Hobson, of Bengals.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have signed restricted free agent DT Shaun Smith (Bengals) to an offer sheet worth $8 million over four years, according to two AFC North sources.

With that money to a player that has been a back-up in the 4-3 Savage has to see something in him. He was never the type for a 4-3. I think its a no lose situation for us. I heard we might have even poison pilled the contract making it impossible for Cincy to get him back if wanted and because he wasnt drafted, we wont have to give them compensation.

THis rules out draftin Tank Tyler IMO, unless we planned on him playing DE.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
j_Tress

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
Or you can just keep re-watching Anchorman where you stole it from?
didn't say it was my line, i said it was a sweet line.
Old 03-10-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Wow, i guess that is quite a bit of money for a back up.

Phil must see something, but you must take into account how nutso this years FA has been, hell, we could probably make a little money this year.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 03-10-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

As for Pool, i could see him being a Chris McCallister type player at corner, in terms of potential.

With Mel Tucker coaching him, and Pool's athleticsm, the sky is really the limit at corner. However, at S i can't say the same thing because it such a cerebral position, and thus far he hasn't shown anything leading me to believe he has good enough instincts/football smarts to really blosom there. But then again he still young without much experience.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 03-10-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

$8 million for a backup? WOW. phil must really see something.

i dont think tank tyler would be a very good DE in the 34. i think now our 2nd rnd pick could actually go for interior linemen, depending on what the coaches see in this smith guy. we might even draft a corner now, which is propably the more logical pick for phil. and also more logical than taking a wide out in the second.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

I would take Meriweather in the 2nd. Can play corner or S.

Unless Blaylock or Grubbs are there, we should probably pass on OG. Maybe if Meachum, Bowe or Jarrett drop?

With the 2nd round, its usually smart to go BPA, because you never know what type of talent will drop.

It might even come down to Staley if hes there.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

In terms of value in round 2, i see Quinn Pitcock, Justin Harrell, Joe Staley, or a CB as the best value, unless someone really good falls.

I don't think we would address WR day 1 unless Ted Ginn himself fell to round 2. Although Higgins in the 3rd is inticing.

I see Pitcock, Harrell, and Staley as equal value in round 2, then followed by a corner, but based on need i would say one of the DL would be most likely.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Wow, i guess that is quite a bit of money for a back up.

Phil must see something, but you must take into account how nutso this years FA has been, hell, we could probably make a little money this year.
I wouldn't call Smith a backup. Phil was quoted saying that Smith could be a franchise NT in the 3-4. My source was the Plain Dealer the last couple days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantackleclaret View Post
Does anyone disagree with this: In rounds 1-3 we need 1 RB, 1 G, and 1 DE/NT
I think we should go G in 2nd or 3rd (ie Grubbs,Blaylock or Manny) and RB in 1st or 3rd (ie AD or trade down and get Lynch, or whoever falls in 3rd such as Pittman or Hunt.) Any thoughts?
I disagree. We traded Droughns which everyone knew was coming [or him being released]. We signed ex-Brown killer himself to a one year deal (Jamal said it was his idea for the one year deal and that if the Browns showed the commitment to the running game like Phil sold him on, he will be happy to sign a longer deal like Phil originally wanted). I don't know for sure or anything, I'm just speculating, but I think the front office is high on Lewis and his capabilities. We've all seen what he has done while healthy (remember he played all of last year with bone spurs in his ankle).

2- Guard. In the second round? Steinbach is already a staple there and the other can come on second day like Phil has done virtually every draft.

3.- DE maybe, but there isn't a 3-4 DT that projects in that round unless Tank unlikely falls. Tank in the second might not happen if we aquire Smith. Phil is apparently very high on him and thinks he can be a franchise 3-4 NT (Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer).

Lastly, if we do draft a HB, I hope it's Peterson. Also, anyone here, hear of Lynch on NFL Network falling to the second with all his off the field problems?

I would rather go after Bush 2nd or 3rd to compliment Lewis and get that franchise QB we've never had! We have targets (JJ, be-easy, k2), a better line, and a running game (lewis).

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 03:53 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

"Lastly, if we do draft a HB, I hope it's Peterson. Also, anyone here, hear of Lynch on NFL Network falling to the second with all his off the field problems?"

Please explain "all the offfield" problems that Lynch has? His only problem was the assult charges, that were not found guilty and were solved outside of court, meaning the girl had no suficiant evidance. Not to mention it was an X girl friend that was probably a gold digger. What are his other problems?
Old 03-11-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
Hail Browns
Rookie

I've never really been a big Michael Bush fan. I mean, I felt sorry for the guy when he got hurt. I really wanted to see him play this past year to get a better idea of what he does. He may be better than I currently believe, but I'd rather take a smaller guy with great quickness and vision. Note that small doesn't mean Garrett Wolfe sized.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
"Lastly, if we do draft a HB, I hope it's Peterson. Also, anyone here, hear of Lynch on NFL Network falling to the second with all his off the field problems?"

Please explain "all the offfield" problems that Lynch has? His only problem was the assult charges, that were not found guilty and were solved outside of court, meaning the girl had no suficiant evidance. Not to mention it was an X girl friend that was probably a gold digger. What are his other problems?
I really don't know. It was on the network they were arguing if Lynch falls to R2 because of all his off the field problems. They said teams are becoming stricter on off the field life after pacman and the Bengal/charger arrests...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
40rounder
Rookie

40rounder hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Trade down

Does anyone see the possibility of Minnisota trading with the Browns to beat Tampa Bay to c. johnson?

It would take minnisota's 2nd and 4th rd pcks.

Minnisota gets the best player in the draft at the position they need. Browns still have a shot at getting AP. (TB, Wash and Arizona all need defense. They all have established RB's). Two top 10 picks in the 2nd round gives us enough to trade back into the 1st round to pick up an OL or DL.
40rounder is offline   Reply With Quote