Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 04-18-2008, 12:16 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

alright, first of all, I'm back, my internet was off for about a week b/c my AT&T card wasn't working.

secondly, HOLY CRAP, kinda beat this topic up. WHO CARES!!! it was four years ago and a stinking 4th rounder and a safety that was average at best. just so we're clear, crocker wouldn't have settled for a backup role, not at that point in his career. but he's no better or worse that what mike Adams is. we drafted Brodney Pool at the top of the second and he was slated to become the starting FS sooner or later. we already had Sean Jones on the roster who was also drafted at the top of the second. Then Brian Russel broke out so Pool sat another year. and Jones impressed in his first two year's(well year and a half)

not every pick pans out, and sowells could still develop. next topic.

we offered Al Wilson a contract a little higher then veterans minimum. he declined it, waiting to see what other offers he gets, which, currently, are none.

savage has said that with the fourth pick he'll probably go BPA regardless of position. then picks 5-7 will probably be defensive. he did say that they will add another CB whether it be through FA, UDFA, or a draft pick. we scouted CB's Antwaan Molden and Orlando Scandrick.

other positions of priority to the browns are OLB, ILB, TE, possibly OT, and in savage's words "don't rule out a safety, and only if a RB we have rated highly tumbles." he also said that WR is almost off the board, but we did scout Malcom Kelly's second pro day.

lastly, savage said in his PC that he would love to acquire a fifth pick. and also the only trade that might occur would be moving up in the fourth for a player we have rated pretty high thats just kinda "floating there."

*side not* on my forums at the OBR, some guy played golf with J. Ogden. said he's retiring. Ogden also said that JT was the next big time LT in the league, him and jason peters.

Last edited by JSimmsy21 : 04-18-2008 at 12:24 PM.
JSimmsy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Thanks for ruining my hopes of Jalen Parmele and Pierre Garcon becoming Browns JSimmy21. Just so you know I'm going to hate your from now on and frown on everything you post hahaha.

As long as those two don't become Ratbirds of Squeerlers. I'd have to set some huge on fire if that ever happened.

Last edited by Cribbs>Hester : 04-18-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'll hate him but never frown on anything he posts?

Savage said he'd love to have Garcon... as an UDFA... if he has a good enough workout...
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

I refuse to believe Garcon is worth less than a 7th round pick. The guy had one of the best workouts at the combine and has ridiculous hands. He has all the tools to be a successful NFL WR. He's never going to be a #1 or even a dominate #2, but he is going to be a very good role player for some team in the NFL. He doesn't have the same value to the Browns because we already have a very nice group of recievers and guys who have return abilities, but some other team is going to draft Garcon. I refuse to believe a team in need of recievers is going to let him fall to UDFA.

Also Jalen Parmele is one of the most underrated backs in this draft. I don't believe he is anything worth than a draft pick either, but if he falls I hope Cleveland is all over him.

I was typing something else and deleted it to say soemthing different. Obviously I didn't hit the back space enough times, sorry.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garcon was invited to the combine?
Old 04-18-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Garcon was invited to the combine?

Well there goes any credibility I thought you had.
Old 04-18-2008, 06:12 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
Well there goes any credibility I thought you had.
There's a lot of players in the combine. Pierre Garcon is not exactly a household name no matter how much you like him... I just didn't think that someone from Mount Union would get an invite.
Old 04-20-2008, 01:45 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

DawgBone smells like sex panther.

I played for Heidelberg against Garcon multiple times. If you think he is an NFL player your wrong. hes a track athlete that can catch a ball, not a football player in the NFL. Garcon was bullied at the Div.3 college level by CB's, and eventually was able to run past them. He wont do either at the pro level.

PS - his own teammates werent fans of him. most teams in the conference picked on him and he was known to falter to it late in games. NFL DB's would love to have this guy on the other teams offense I would imagine.
DawgBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
I played for Heidelberg against Garcon multiple times. If you think he is an NFL player your wrong. hes a track athlete that can catch a ball, not a football player in the NFL. Garcon was bullied at the Div.3 college level by CB's, and eventually was able to run past them. He wont do either at the pro level.

PS - his own teammates werent fans of him. most teams in the conference picked on him and he was known to falter to it late in games. NFL DB's would love to have this guy on the other teams offense I would imagine.
again you have no clue what you are talking about and you are probably lying about even playing college ball. Garcon didn't falter late in games because HE WAS BENCHED FOR THE SECOND HALF JUST LIKE MOST OF THE STARTING LINE UP. They blew teams out so early he wasn't even playing midway through the 3rd in a lot of games. I live 15 minutes from Mount I've watched every home game since I was 7 years old. I guarentee I watch more small school football than this entire board combined and you're full of garbage.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:56 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
again you have no clue what you are talking about and you are probably lying about even playing college ball. Garcon didn't falter late in games because HE WAS BENCHED FOR THE SECOND HALF JUST LIKE MOST OF THE STARTING LINE UP. They blew teams out so early he wasn't even playing midway through the 3rd in a lot of games. I live 15 minutes from Mount I've watched every home game since I was 7 years old. I guarentee I watch more small school football than this entire board combined and you're full of garbage.
I live rather close to Mount as well...I'm from the Salem area in Columbiana county.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Quote:
Im lying about playing Div3 football? Anyone can walk on to Heidelberg and further their career. They dont exactly make cuts bro? There are over 10,000 college football players in america, if I dont agree with you I automatically have no clue?

You thinking that Cribbs > Hester is the one that has no clue. I love the Browns to but I dont say Wimbley > Merriman.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Hahaha your perception of reality is warped by the patheticness that is Heidelberg. They were so talent depleated of coarse anyone could walk on and play D3 football. In the real world; however, Mount, Whitewater, St. Joes, BW, and even schools like Muskingum and Capital, John Carroll and Wilmington players don't just walk on and make the team. Even at pathetic Heidelberg guys were quitting all the time because they couldn't handle college football. Just become some of those guys who were on the team the last 5 year does not mean they were cut out to play college ball.

Merriman is better than Wimbley
Witten is better than Winslow
Randy Moss is better than Edwards

I can go on down the line all day pal, but the fact still remains that Cribbs is better than Hester, and there is not homerism about it.
Old 04-21-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn>Manning (But which one(s)?)
Old 04-21-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
Quinn>Manning (But which one(s)?)
Both?

P.S. I am a Quinn homer. Flame away.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
Both?

P.S. I am a Quinn homer. Flame away.
I was going to say Cooper and Archie...

And I always thought Quinn was going to be a great QB ever since his junior year at ND so I have your back.

I know Phil Savage said that Derek Anderson is the quarterback for the Cleveland Browns and that he won't trade him, what do you think are the chances he's telling the truth?
Old 04-22-2008, 07:40 PM    (permalink
barry
Rookie

barry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

oddly enough, i believe savage now, though a month ago i thought he was laying down a smoke screen for a potential trade if a desired player fell far enough down the 1st round the way quinn did last year.

DA clearly has flaws but might actually correct some of them, like his touch on short & mid-range passes, but he's going to be in the favre mold and lose us some games by throwing picks. but our defense has the potential to be radically improved if the DL does its job and allows the LBs to pursue untouched by OLS. that should be enough to get us into the playoffs.

however, i don't expect DA *and* BQ to be on the roster at the start of the 2009 season.
barry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
The Dude Abides
Veteran

The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dude Abides is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HE WAS BENCHED FOR THE SECOND HALF JUST LIKE MOST OF THE STARTING LINE UP.
As an ONU Polar Bear, I refuse to believe Mt. sits people that early because I've never seen it. Your team, players and especially your coach's collective douchebaggery will not allow you guys to not act like bush league jackoffs.

www.blackmetalink.com
VOTED BEST TATTOO SHOP IN CLEVELAND
The Dude Abides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude_Abides View Post
As an ONU Polar Bear, I refuse to believe Mt. sits people that early because I've never seen it. Your team, players and especially your coach's collective douchebaggery will not allow you guys to not act like bush league jackoffs.

They don't sit all starters, but some certainly get pulled, and not in all games either. Mount pulled starters early against Averett, Wilmington, Musky, Heidelberg and Marietta. Most of the time if a team stays with in 6 touchdowns Mount Union will leave their starters in, but if it gets past that they start pulling and plaging in new younger players for experience which is one big reason they never fall off from year to year.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
DawgBone
Rookie

Cribbs>Hester knows everything, dont quetion him. PS Cribbs is better than Hester.....wait?
Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgBone View Post
Cribbs>Hester knows everything, dont quetion him. PS Cribbs is better than Hester.....wait?
What was the purpose of this post? It did absolutely nothing. Now you're just trying to start something. If you want to get into a discussion about Cribbs and Hester then act like an adult and be intelligent about it. Don't be a ****.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

boards been kinda dead. heres some updates.

-Savage signed a 3-year contract extension

-after the first day of tryouts, here are some notes.
-crennel has pointed out that Bell has good movements and gets to the ball quick, but it's what he does with pads on the will matter
-crennel singled out DB's Darnell Terrell and Milvon James as players who got his attention
-Martin Rucker looks good in the routes that weave through the LBers. how good his blocking is wont be told untill the pads are on
Old 05-13-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am intrigued to see who ends up as the starting LILB next to Jackson. My money is on Leon Williams but Beau Bell might take it from him later in the year depending on how well he looks out there. All of our top 4 should see the field at ILB during the first half of the year, mostly the top 3 with Bell on special teams mostly and occasionally seeing a series or two at first until they ease him in. Whoever they put out there should be more than decent with Rogers, Williams, and the Smiths up front.
Old 05-14-2008, 01:05 AM    (permalink
757Dawg
Rookie

757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.757Dawg is a cocksman.

If Bell can learn the system early in the going and manages to see some PT on D, I think it's going to be difficult to take him off the field.

We really don't have an "enforcer" in the middle. D'Qwell and Leon fit into that athletic ILB mold while Andra doesn't appear to be anything close to what he was a couple of years ago. Bell appears to the only inside 'backer capable of delivering that game changing hit. He's a physical defender who definitely will be hard to keep on the sidelines if he catches on quick.

To start the season though, I think it will be similar to last season. Andra will "start" alongside D'Qwell, but Leon will again see most of the PT.
757Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...t&lid=tab1pos2

Nice article on Anderson and Quinn. Hope we find the money to get Law.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strong rumors that Joe Jurevicius is going to retire before the season starts b/c of surgery that didn't go that well. If he does, then we have to sign a guy like Eric Parker or somebody to play #3 WR for us.