Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 08-24-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh okay thanks. haha
Old 08-25-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After Brady Quinn's horrible performance I think he should switch back to his Revolution helmet.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:26 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
After Brady Quinn's horrible performance I think he should switch back to his Revolution helmet.
=[

So disappointed with his performance. I was hoping a good game would lead to more of a debate of the starter, with Brady getting some more reps maybe in season; doubtful now.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
=[

So disappointed with his performance. I was hoping a good game would lead to more of a debate of the starter, with Brady getting some more reps maybe in season; doubtful now.
Really going to depend on how serious DA's concussion is. Quinn might start the season as our starter and may be OK. I don't care about his preseason game all that much. He obviously needs more work with the 1st team and still could be OK.
I didn't think he would automatically be an improvement over DA, that was just wishful thinking on some people's mind, but I also won't panic just because he had a poor exhibition game. He still has potential and hopefully he begins to show it if he has to start.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:27 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Really going to depend on how serious DA's concussion is. Quinn might start the season as our starter and may be OK. I don't care about his preseason game all that much. He obviously needs more work with the 1st team and still could be OK.
I didn't think he would automatically be an improvement over DA, that was just wishful thinking on some people's mind, but I also won't panic just because he had a poor exhibition game. He still has potential and hopefully he begins to show it if he has to start.
It seemed like he just needed more work with the 1st team now that I think about it. A lot of the timing routes were off and he threw short a lot on deep routes.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Brady Quinn has still shown more potential in less chances than Eric Wright has in 2 training camps and a regular season. I'm not ready to start questioning Brady Quinn's ability to play at a high level in the NFL. Eric Wright is starting to concern me though. He is in his second year now, so something better click for him before our bye week.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hear that LeCharles is taking a physical for the Rams. If they sign him I hope he does well.
Old 08-25-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

So what is the deal with Louis Leonard? He looked very impressive in game one, but I haven't even seen him on the field in the last two games. Did he get hurt or pi$$ of Romeo? What is the deal?
Old 08-26-2008, 02:18 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
So what is the deal with Louis Leonard? He looked very impressive in game one, but I haven't even seen him on the field in the last two games. Did he get hurt or pi$$ of Romeo? What is the deal?
he hurt his ankle, in practice i beleive, and it was a coaches desicion to hold him out. the staff is starting to think highly of him.

cuts today include Damon jenkins, Austin Scott, and brian Shaeffering*sp?*

aslo, JJ to the puppy, so he's out six weeks.

and finally Kevin Kasper to the injured/reserve list.
Old 08-26-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
he hurt his ankle, in practice i beleive, and it was a coaches desicion to hold him out. the staff is starting to think highly of him.

cuts today include Damon jenkins, Austin Scott, and brian Shaeffering*sp?*

aslo, JJ to the puppy, so he's out six weeks.

and finally Kevin Kasper to the injured/reserve list.
This move makes no sense to me. The guy is a watching injury and he's worthless to begin with. He is a very fast guy who can do a decent job returning kicks....thats all he has. Not to mention he's already getting up there in age. You just settle with a guy like this and say good luck to you pal.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
This move makes no sense to me. The guy is a watching injury and he's worthless to begin with. He is a very fast guy who can do a decent job returning kicks....thats all he has. Not to mention he's already getting up there in age. You just settle with a guy like this and say good luck to you pal.
aaactuuaallyy...Kasper was the front runner for the #3 WR spot before his hammy went nuts. he showed, hands down, thru mini camp and the begginning of training camp that he was good for that role.

and putting him on the IR does a few things.
-first, he doesn't count against the 53 man roster now, so we were able to keep one more younger player at that position.
-second, we already know what he can do in this system, and if we need more WR help next year, we already have him and don't have to worry about another team snatching him up.

overall, I'd have to say this was a VERY smart decision on the browns part.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
aaactuuaallyy...Kasper was the front runner for the #3 WR spot before his hammy went nuts. he showed, hands down, thru mini camp and the begginning of training camp that he was good for that role.

and putting him on the IR does a few things.
-first, he doesn't count against the 53 man roster now, so we were able to keep one more younger player at that position.
-second, we already know what he can do in this system, and if we need more WR help next year, we already have him and don't have to worry about another team snatching him up.

overall, I'd have to say this was a VERY smart decision on the browns part.
Younger??? He's 30 years old and still hasn't proven a thing in the NFL. He was only the favorite to win the #3 role because Romeo Crennel hates Travis Wilson and JJ was hurt. They're both better players as well as Syndric Steptoe.

I would have let this walking injury sign on with whoever he wanted to sign on with. He'll never make an impact in football.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:14 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

i think you misunderstood me. i meant that with Kasper being on IR, it lets us take a longer look at the other younger players on the roster, without having to cut them 4 days to soon. also letting us see one of them in one more preseason game.

*by the way* for anyone that lives in the board man area, me and a few friends of mine are going to bdubs to watch the game. PM if you might be able to make it out.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
i think you misunderstood me. i meant that with Kasper being on IR, it lets us take a longer look at the other younger players on the roster, without having to cut them 4 days to soon. also letting us see one of them in one more preseason game.

*by the way* for anyone that lives in the board man area, me and a few friends of mine are going to bdubs to watch the game. PM if you might be able to make it out.
Oh I see now, but still why would you place him on IR? that is what you do with a young injured player you'd like to see next year, not a broken vet.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

I'm sorry, but Jason Wright is so slow and stiff. He runs like a machine he doesn't have any fluidity at all. He is football smart and that is about it. He would make a great coach, but we have 2 better runners on the team than him right now.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

Reserve-Injured

OL Lennie Friedman

Waived

TE Brad Cieslak

DB A.J. Davis

WR Efrem Hill

TE Kolomona Kapanui

DB Travis Key

OL James Lee

WR Lance Leggett

LB David McMillan

DB Brandon Mitchell

LB Chase Ortiz

OL Jonathan Palmer

DB Jereme Perry

DL Melila Purcell

K Jason Reda

WR Steve Sanders

WR Travis Wilson

Terminated-Vested Veteran

LB Shantee Orr

Waived-Injured

OL Derrick Morse

OL Marvin Philip

DL Chase Pittman

RB Travis Thomas

i am not shocked by any of these moves. but i'm also taking into consideration that injuries have played a more than significant role in who made it and who didnt.

i think Dinkins will get cut as soon as Rucker is healthy. depends how much this team covets dinkins special teams play.

Griffin may be on the outs when Bell makes a full return. mabye.

our bottom three corners, cousin, daniels, and lawson, i think, all still have their jobs in jeopardy. these wont be the same set of corners that play Dallas.

the only reason Sowells is still on the roster is b/c he played RT reasonably well this preseason.

why dont we just cut Dorsey and make him a coach? nuts!
Old 08-30-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Hubbard > Wilson?
Old 08-30-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I think you guys did a bad job in releasing Wilson. Ya he has struggled, but beyond Edwards and Stallworth, who do you have? Cribbs is just a ST player, Steptoe is small and better for the slot IMO. I am concerned about your WR depth as well as your CB depth. You guys will still be good, but one injury to any of those areas and your season could be down the drain.
Old 08-31-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Isaac Sowells and Nathan Bennett over James Lee???

Paul Hubbard over Travis Wilson???

I'm going to take a crap on Romeo Crennels front step. F that piece of garbage. I hope he gets hit by a bus, fat piece of garbage always keeps his kind around...fat out of shape lazy low life slobs like Washington and Sowells. I hope you choke on your next double cheese you fat slob.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Honestly I think you guys did a bad job in releasing Wilson. Ya he has struggled, but beyond Edwards and Stallworth, who do you have? Cribbs is just a ST player, Steptoe is small and better for the slot IMO. I am concerned about your WR depth as well as your CB depth. You guys will still be good, but one injury to any of those areas and your season could be down the drain.
Depth certainly is a problem for our young team. It will probably be 1 more draft perhaps 2 before we begin to have the type of depth it takes to survive injuries.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin is a special teams ace, we're not gonna cut him this year Beau Bell or no Beau Bell. I get the same feeling with Dinkins, he had a great camp and has an important role on special teams, so they have 2 excuses to keep 4 TEs this year. I think they didn't see enough consistency from Wilson to keep him over a high upside guy like Hubbard. I don't think Wilson would've been active for a single game this year anyways just like last year. We only use about 3 WRs for a game and 3 TEs. Remember Tim Carter was our #3 last year and he barely saw the field.

James Lee got a lot of hype early on but faded and made a lot of mistakes late in camp, I think that's why they gave him the boot. Bennett was more consistent I think, and Sowells made the team b/c Friedman is on the IR now. Sowells can play OT or OG too.

But quite frankly, if we lose Wright or McDonald at CB or Edwards at WR to injury I will be worried.
Old 08-31-2008, 10:12 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Depth certainly is a problem for our young team. It will probably be 1 more draft perhaps 2 before we begin to have the type of depth it takes to survive injuries.
yeah, but we certainly have come a long way. We have a very deep O-Line now and with the injuries to Tucker, Friedman, and now Hadnot that totally paid off already. DLine, LB, QB, RB, and TE look pretty deep by NFL standards anyways too. Phil needs to beef up the DB and WR units next offseason and get some more impact defenders before he's done making us where we should be to contend.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:56 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I think they didn't see enough consistency from Wilson to keep him over a high upside guy like Hubbard. I don't think Wilson would've been active for a single game this year anyways just like last year. We only use about 3 WRs for a game and 3 TEs. Remember Tim Carter was our #3 last year and he barely saw the field.
Agreed. Remember that our #3 receiver caught 8 passes last year for a staggering .5 catches per game average.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
yeah, but we certainly have come a long way. We have a very deep O-Line now and with the injuries to Tucker, Friedman, and now Hadnot that totally paid off already. DLine, LB, QB, RB, and TE look pretty deep by NFL standards anyways too. Phil needs to beef up the DB and WR units next offseason and get some more impact defenders before he's done making us where we should be to contend.
I don't completely agree. I still think our OL needs a bit of an upgrade, certainly, we are done if Lewis goes down and WR is rather thin.
On defense, the DL is thin, LBer is OK but CB leaves me nervous even if our starters are healthy all year.
I still think this team has a ways to go before all the pieces are in place for any kind of a serious Super Bowl run, even the playoff aren't guaranteed. We've come a long way in a short time under Savage/Crennel but we still have aways to go before we'll be a truly solid team.
Old 09-01-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Griffin is a special teams ace, we're not gonna cut him this year Beau Bell or no Beau Bell. I get the same feeling with Dinkins, he had a great camp and has an important role on special teams, so they have 2 excuses to keep 4 TEs this year. I think they didn't see enough consistency from Wilson to keep him over a high upside guy like Hubbard. I don't think Wilson would've been active for a single game this year anyways just like last year. We only use about 3 WRs for a game and 3 TEs. Remember Tim Carter was our #3 last year and he barely saw the field.

James Lee got a lot of hype early on but faded and made a lot of mistakes late in camp, I think that's why they gave him the boot. Bennett was more consistent I think, and Sowells made the team b/c Friedman is on the IR now. Sowells can play OT or OG too.

But quite frankly, if we lose Wright or McDonald at CB or Edwards at WR to injury I will be worried.
Kris Griffin is a must keep...obviously. No one disputes that roster move.

Hmm. Hubbard has more inconsistant hands than Travis Wilson plus he can't get off the jam to save his life. Syndric Steptoe has more upside than both Hubbard and Wilson anyway. I just don't know that he can do it this year yet.

Darnell Dinkins is not a special teams ace. He's a special teams flag machine. If he gets one more holding or clipping call I'd cut him and then cut his F***ing hands off.

James Lee played guard in college at a very high level. He can play LT something Isaac Sowells cannot do. Isaac Sowells is a flag machine as well. Not to mention he is a fat lazy pile of garbage with no work ethic. Nathan Bennett will never last. He's a scrub who will be gone right around the bye week.