Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 09-18-2008, 03:13 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
That was probably the worst called game by a head coach I've ever seen. What a joke, Romeo made some of the stupidest mistakes in that game what the hell was he thinking? We played fairly well, but he didn't give us a chance to win it. Seriously, if you're down by a touchdown with 3 minutes left when you're offense is on a roll and it the strength of your team, you kick a field goal which means you need another TD anyways - but that involives putting faith in your worst unit (defense) and then hoping to have another drive (which takes more than 2 minutes) to score a touchdown (which hasn't happened yet this season for us). Crennel should be fired before the season ends. We're not gonna beat anyone but Cincy, Baltimore, and Houston at that rate.
Can you come up with any real football knowledge other than copy and pasting OBR. If you stray away from OBR you end up with the text above that shouts "i don't know anything about football."

1. "Romeo made the stupidest mistakes in the game:"
Romeo [or Chud] went for a quick TD or incompletion when there was 8 seconds left in the first half. It was a play called by Chud that didn't have everyone in the endzone and it was Anderson who tried to force it and got picked. I fail to see how that was Romeo's bad call.

Maybe you mean in the second half when we marched down to our own 20 and couldn't convert for the first down. You have 2 options: 1 - go for it, or 2 - go for the for sure points. When you waste that much clock, moving the ball for the first time, and then fading out, YOU HAVE TO PUT POINTS BACK ON THE SCOREBOARD. Plus he was giving the game back to [this brings up the next point as well]

2. "putting faith in our worst unit"
As we all know that the unit that looks the best on paper and from past seasons obviously is [/sarcasm]. The defense held Pittsburgh to 10 total points. If our offense is suppose to be so top notch that we have our QB missing easy throws [for an NFL QB] and making bad decision all game, if your stud WR is leading the league in dropped catches, our secondary WR's [JJ and Stallworth] are both injured, our offensive line can't open up anything for Lewis, how is our defense [again, 10 points held - all game] the worst unit on this football team. That would be the offense. It doesn't matter that we have multiple pro bowlers on O, if we're suppose to be this good on offense, with an OC who's deemed a quote "genius" and "future head coach" I would think that our all star packed O-Line could open a whole, or our all star packed offense could score a TD.

Crennel put the game with the unit that was doing the best. The defense was holding all game, he put the best percentage for guaranteed points up on the board, put the game in the unit that was at that time, playing better than our offense to win the game. Our defense had about 3 mins to hold, and it took a scramble by Roethlisberger and a 19 yard pass to Miller to break it wide open, force the Time Outs gone, and then holding onto the ball.

It's great that you can make Monday morning calls from your couch, Crennel made the best play by going for the quick TD and hoping to settle for a FG at worst in the first half [everyone knows that's how it's done in the NFL] and again in the second half getting points on the board, and playing to live another position, giving the game in the control of the unit doing the best with a tad over 3 minutes in game remaining.

I would consider just coping and pasting OBR reports...

Edit: if anyone would have told you in June or July that if we would score 11 points against the Steelers we would win the game, we would have circled that game for a win easy. Esp with how "good" our offense is.

p.s - I also fully expect our offense to get back on track, but that doesn't defeat the purpose that they are doing horrible and are no longer the best unit on this team currently and cost us the game Sunday. I also think it's funny that when you go to pinpoint lack of coaching, you solely placed this on Romeo alone. Always like Cleveland, using the coach for a scapegoat because you thought this was the year...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Last edited by j05son : 09-18-2008 at 03:19 AM.
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't even read anything on the OBR about that game, I watched the game, was disgusted, and that's what I think about it. Bad coaching and clock management, the field goal was ridiculous. No question we should have went for it. If we didn't get it then that gave Pittsburgh a longer field, we still would have had to stop them and get the ball back to score a TD....the only difference being that if we did score a TD it would've been tied instead of us having a 3 point lead. In a close game like that you go for it, we were in a rhythm with the passing game, something like 5 completions in a row on that drive, our OLine was picking up the blitz, it was rolling. We better get it turned around here or we're staring at a 5 or 6 win season right in the face.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:52 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

What does anyone know about Eric Young? Is his torn quad from last year the reason why he was on the injury list all summer, or did something else happen? Obviously the Browns think fairly high of him or we wouldn't have kept him around with an injury. Wonder were they had planned on him playing, back up LT(played there in college), depth for LG, or possible future replacement at RG or RT???
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

versatile guy they liked, they apparently thought if not for the injury that Young would have been a 3rd or 4th round draft pick so they shelved him for 2009. Probably will get a good chance to compete for a roster spot next year and they'll see what happens from there.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

At Baltimore this week. They ran the ball some 48 times their first week. If we don't play a safety in the box that entire game except for obvious passing downs, ill be pissed
Old 09-19-2008, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
At Baltimore this week. They ran the ball some 48 times their first week. If we don't play a safety in the box that entire game except for obvious passing downs, ill be pissed
Especially since they can't cover anyway. It would be like playing with 10 on the field if we left them in coverage because they always get burnt anyway....might as well use them to stop the run.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Crennel would probably play a 3-3-5 the whole game knowing him and do that umbrella crap.....6 yards a rush.

On the bright side their leading rusher is their freakin' fullback, who is more of a blocker than a runner to start with. I think McGahee's back this week though. We should win this game I dont' care what city it's in, their offense shouldn't score more than 13 points tops, and we have to move the ball more than we have been.
Old 09-21-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We should've traded him while we could still get something.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's two questions that I'm going to ask before next week's game.

Is Romeo still the head coach?

Is Derek Anderson still starting?

If the answer to both of those are yes, I'm not going to watch because I'll already know the outcome.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
There's two questions that I'm going to ask before next week's game.

Is Romeo still the head coach?

Is Derek Anderson still starting?

If the answer to both of those are yes, I'm not going to watch because I'll already know the outcome.
Seriously?

I'm not calling you out just because you don't like me and we're having and arguement in another thread, and I could be wrong about this, but aren't you the one who was harping on me about jumping all over Romeo and Anderson? and now you're on the same wagon?
Old 09-21-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
Seriously?

I'm not calling you out just because you don't like me and we're having and arguement in another thread, and I could be wrong about this, but aren't you the one who was harping on me about jumping all over Romeo and Anderson? and now you're on the same wagon?
Maybe you're thinking of someone else? I was sort of undecided, back and forth but I don't remember saying anything strongly for one way or the other.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:05 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at this offense roll...

Old 09-21-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Maybe you're thinking of someone else? I was sort of undecided, back and forth but I don't remember saying anything strongly for one way or the other.

Maybe it was someone else.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Romeo Crennel ladies and gentlemen:

Record Against Winning Teams :: 5-15
Division Record :: 4-16

Cincinnati W 45-51
Cincinnati L 27-13
Cincinnati L 23-20
Cincinnati L 34-17
Cincinnati L 30-0
Cincinnati L 19-14

Baltimore W 30-33
Baltimore W 13-27
Baltimore W 16-20
Baltimore L 16-3
Baltimore L 27-17
Baltimore L 15-14
Baltimore L 28-10

Pittsburgh L 34-21
Pittsburgh L 41-0
Pittsburgh L 24-20
Pittsburgh L 27-7
Pittsburgh L 34-7
Pittsburgh L 31-28
Pittsburgh L 10-6

Average points for :: 16.4
Average points against :: 26.2

Points Breakdown:
Points For(328):
Cincinnati 115
Baltimore 124
Pittsburgh 89

Points Against(524):
Baltimore 145
Cincinnati 178
Pittsburgh 201

He's obvious;y failed in the Division. He obviously can't beat the team the divison runs through. He's clearly most pathetic against Pittsburgh. He can't beat decent teams. The guy was living on the coat tails of Parcels and Belichek for years. He has failed ever time he left their side and this time is no different. He's a joke. He wanted to keep Mo Carthon...obviously the bad decision. He was the one who wanted to start Frye...obviously the bad decision. The opposite of both those decisions is what made us better last year, yet somehow everyone credited Romeo for the good year???? I don't get Cleveland fans at all.

Fire the fat lard of garbage!
Old 09-21-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Well that was a short season. Can't wait till next year when we have Quinn and some new defensive guys to improve our crappy team. I wonder who we'll draft...Maualuga? Wells? Jenkins? V.Davis? I think it'll be a miracle to win more than 5 games this year looking at the schedule.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cribbs>Hester View Post
Romeo Crennel ladies and gentlemen:

Record Against Winning Teams :: 5-15
Division Record :: 4-16

Cincinnati W 45-51
Cincinnati L 27-13
Cincinnati L 23-20
Cincinnati L 34-17
Cincinnati L 30-0
Cincinnati L 19-14

Baltimore W 30-33
Baltimore W 13-27
Baltimore W 16-20
Baltimore L 16-3
Baltimore L 27-17
Baltimore L 15-14
Baltimore L 28-10

Pittsburgh L 34-21
Pittsburgh L 41-0
Pittsburgh L 24-20
Pittsburgh L 27-7
Pittsburgh L 34-7
Pittsburgh L 31-28
Pittsburgh L 10-6

Average points for :: 16.4
Average points against :: 26.2

Points Breakdown:
Points For(328):
Cincinnati 115
Baltimore 124
Pittsburgh 89

Points Against(524):
Baltimore 145
Cincinnati 178
Pittsburgh 201

He's obvious;y failed in the Division. He obviously can't beat the team the divison runs through. He's clearly most pathetic against Pittsburgh. He can't beat decent teams. The guy was living on the coat tails of Parcels and Belichek for years. He has failed ever time he left their side and this time is no different. He's a joke. He wanted to keep Mo Carthon...obviously the bad decision. He was the one who wanted to start Frye...obviously the bad decision. The opposite of both those decisions is what made us better last year, yet somehow everyone credited Romeo for the good year???? I don't get Cleveland fans at all.

Fire the fat lard of garbage!
Come on, look at our personal and what he started with. It was garbage, and it takes time, it's not an instant process like you seem to think it is.

He wanted to keep Mo Carthon as we have had some many cordinators in how many years? You can't have a new guy every year. I do agree that wasn't his best, but Chud has his MO moments as well [plus look how good this offense is rolling maaaaaan].

Romeo started Frye, you're right, however, you seem to leave out the fact that Anderson did so bad in training camp and preseason last year, that Frye WON the starting job. Stop being so incredibly ignorant and maybe think before you post something. "He put in Charlie Frye" and so would you if you remember how "well" Anderson was doing then. Anderson came out of nowhere in week 2 against Cincinnati [I fully remember as I was sitting in the DAWG POUND with JSIMMSY21]. Charlie Frye WON the starting QB job, hindsight is great, I'm so impressed you can make correct calls AFTER it's all said and done.

I don't get how "you don't get Cleveland fans" as your like all of them. Fire the headcoach when it's not going right. It's not like it's the team that's doing horrible. Use the coach as a scapegoat for a bad season even though his team is riddled with injuries and his playmakers are doing horrible. Sure he had questionable clock management last week, what did he do wrong this week, play edwards and anderson [>_>]. Let's just fire him, get a new guy who's going to rearrange everything, and then fire him in 2 years when we're sill drafting top 15.

Stability in the coaching staff will work wonders for this team. Wonders won't be seen immediately; Savage, Crennel, and RL all came together on a 5-7 year plan to turn this club around.

Your rep is fitting for your amount of football knowledge. Try thinking before you post.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Defense is crap. Offense has talent, but is terrible. Crennel is a lousy coach...a weak schedule, a good offensive coordinator, healthy players, and some good offensive talent bailed him out last year. This year there are a few injuries, but the defense is as bad as ever and our offense is underperforming by a lot. Crennel sucks against good teams and against division foes. If he doesn't turn it around it is time we got a new coach. Romeo is good for some things, but he is not getting it done in the wins column.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As I said previously, I don't think Crennel is a lousy HC but sometimes a scapegoat is needed before a team can continue to progress. Crennel lifted expectations based on Anderson's play last season and just maybe DA isn't going to pan out and we are in for a tough season.
I think we played over our heads last year and we just aren't as good as we hoped. In this atmosphere, Crennel could be fired as sometimes a teams goes stale for a HC and you need new blood to get the young players back on the right tract.
Teams always have to offer their fans hope in order to sell tickets and merchandise and a GM like Savage realizes he may have no choice but to replace Crennel even if he doesn't want to. When Crennel took this job he must have known that it would take a good 5 years to make up for the draft picks of the previous management team and he probably knew it would be difficult to survive that long.
A win next week would probably quiet fans for awhile but a another loss and Crennel may have to be sacrificed for the sake of the franchise even though it won't make us winners next year.
Remember, Tony Dungy was fired and Gruden got the Super Bowel win for Tampa. It didn't make Dungy a bad HC as he proved by winning his own Super Bowl but a change was probably necessary.
Heck, we fired BB and look what he's done in NE.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:23 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
As I said previously, I don't think Crennel is a lousy HC but sometimes a scapegoat is needed before a team can continue to progress. Crennel lifted expectations based on Anderson's play last season and just maybe DA isn't going to pan out and we are in for a tough season.
I think we played over our heads last year and we just aren't as good as we hoped. In this atmosphere, Crennel could be fired as sometimes a teams goes stale for a HC and you need new blood to get the young players back on the right tract.
Teams always have to offer their fans hope in order to sell tickets and merchandise and a GM like Savage realizes he may have no choice but to replace Crennel even if he doesn't want to. When Crennel took this job he must have known that it would take a good 5 years to make up for the draft picks of the previous management team and he probably knew it would be difficult to survive that long.
A win next week would probably quiet fans for awhile but a another loss and Crennel may have to be sacrificed for the sake of the franchise even though it won't make us winners next year.
Remember, Tony Dungy was fired and Gruden got the Super Bowel win for Tampa. It didn't make Dungy a bad HC as he proved by winning his own Super Bowl but a change was probably necessary.
Heck, we fired BB and look what he's done in NE.
I so very much thank you for this post.

=]

I think your absolutely right as well.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:23 AM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

AAARRRGGGHH!!!

here's all my tidbits

-It would be AWESOME if DA would throw the ball to someone OTHER than K2. he forced pass after pass into double and triple coverage just to get him the ball, and nearly killed.

-our DL got no push.

-if Alex Hall can continue progress, we no longer need a OLB next year. he's everywhere.

-this defense if much better than years past. so what you will. but when your defense is on the field the whole ******* game b/c the O goes 3 and out over and over, then has to be on the field for nearly 10 min straight, the D wont look good.

-nice job Eric Wright. **** you!

-McKinney sucks

-Chud is an idiot. i said it. Jamal was running hard and fast. why give up on the run so fast, as is every other time we come from behind. and if your going to pass every play, and your playing the most aggressive defense in the league, why leave Lewis in every play and not put harrison to set up the screen to counter the blitz.

-then again, harrison cant get the ball more if the offense never stays on the field, DA throws more passes towards the defense, and what passes he throws on target are usually to K2. even if he's not open.

-these penalties need to stop, now!

i'll add to this later when i get home from work. i got a bunch more
Old 09-22-2008, 05:41 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Hindsite? Frye didn't win anything. Romeo Crennel flipped a freaking coin because he doesn't have the backbone to make a decision.

His play makers aren't making plays because the head coach doesn't hold anyone accountable for their mistakes. The false starts ect. are a lack of disipline and a reflection of bad coaching.

Quit backing the fat man. He's a failure every where he's been without Belichek and Parcels and this time is no different. He's a players coach, not a leader.

Last edited by Cribbs>Hester : 09-22-2008 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crennel didn't flip a coin to decide who would start the season.. he did that in preseason and they both got the same amount of playing time. Frye won the job to start the season. No coin flip.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:13 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
Crennel didn't flip a coin to decide who would start the season.. he did that in preseason and they both got the same amount of playing time. Frye won the job to start the season. No coin flip.
LOL,

Cribbs>Hester, still waiting for you to think before you post...Have you considered trying it yet instead of trolling the boards?

Old 09-22-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
AAARRRGGGHH!!!

here's all my tidbits

-It would be AWESOME if DA would throw the ball to someone OTHER than K2. he forced pass after pass into double and triple coverage just to get him the ball, and nearly killed.

-our DL got no push.

-if Alex Hall can continue progress, we no longer need a OLB next year. he's everywhere.

-this defense if much better than years past. so what you will. but when your defense is on the field the whole ******* game b/c the O goes 3 and out over and over, then has to be on the field for nearly 10 min straight, the D wont look good.

-nice job Eric Wright. **** you!

-McKinney sucks

-Chud is an idiot. i said it. Jamal was running hard and fast. why give up on the run so fast, as is every other time we come from behind. and if your going to pass every play, and your playing the most aggressive defense in the league, why leave Lewis in every play and not put harrison to set up the screen to counter the blitz.

-then again, harrison cant get the ball more if the offense never stays on the field, DA throws more passes towards the defense, and what passes he throws on target are usually to K2. even if he's not open.

-these penalties need to stop, now!

i'll add to this later when i get home from work. i got a bunch more
just adding to my mornings post...

-if wimbley continues to be invisible, OLB becomes a need again. he doesn't even have a TFL yet.

-i dont think Crennel did to much wrong in this game. Tucker is learning on the fly, i love how he puts the safeties in the box more. it would be more effective with a run stopping sean jones. Chud must hate harrison and jamal. he immediately gave up on the run starting the second half. you dont win games that way, unless your name is greise.

-Quinn is gettin more reps in practice this week.

-i'm very close to joining the Quinn chants after watchin so many passes get batted down. seriously, one play, the rat birds blitzed three. THREE!. and the pass was batted.

-i dont even know what else to say. i hated watching that game.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:45 AM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Get real guys. You know just as well as I do if Derek Anderson won that coin toss he would have been the opening day starter as well simply because Romeo Crennel doesn't have the backbone to make changes.

Quit backing this overweight, fat, lazy, no heart and pathetic excuse of a leader. Cleveland will never win a championship in 1000 years with this lard at the helm.

Isn't he the oldest headcoach in the league anyway? Not that it has anything to do with it, but with his weight and age at least we can always hope for a medical problem where he has to take a leave to get it treated.