Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 02-18-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
Lastly, please name one TRUE nose tackle for a 3/4 defense in this draft.
There are 2 very good NT prospects in next years draft we should target.

Secondly who cares what Savage has did in past drafts? Does it mean he will do it this time? HE NEVER HAD TO draft interior OL early with the Ravens because they managed to get a solid interior through FA. The Browns havent done that due to injuries so obviously we could look to do it in the draft.

If Savage wasnt interested in a day 1 OG/OC, when did he have his scouts interview just about every day 1 guard?

Quit speculating based on the past, because it isnt a gaurantee like you make it seem.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Fresh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21
i really do play the role of having anti posts. lol

anyways. i'd be happy with taking a LB in the second rnd. but i feel, personally, that the gap of good talent on this team needs to be more filled before we go picking up more LB's in the second rnd. we need ppl for the trenches. i'd love to have carriker. even tank tyler in the second rnd. or staley. even ugoh. somebody for the trenches is what i am looking forward to.
I hope we get help for the trenches with our 1st pick, but if we don't, we almost have to in rnd 2. Again, everything depends on what we do in free agency. I think we have to target another NT in free agency as there really aren't many good NT prospects in the draft.

I think we need to keep our options open to take the best player available sometimes, even if he's not at a position that we really need. I don't want our hand to be forced to take a player who does not have good value at a particular spot just because we absolutely need someone at his position. This scenario would most likely happen with a NT, as there are so few of them.
Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
dlions20

Getting Victor is almost like getting a trench player. He will be exspected to put his hand on the line sometimes just like a DE would.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya
Getting Victor is almost like getting a trench player. He will be exspected to put his hand on the line sometimes just like a DE would.
True, but drafting abiamari won't help our starting 3 dlinemen get any better. But, I still want to draft him as I believe he is a 1st round talent and you can never get enough LB's in a 3-4 scheme. What you said is also a good point as to why we should draft him.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
IrishBrowns
Rookie

IrishBrowns hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

here's a little thing, fill in the blanks!

1) I have my fingers and toes crossed that if we keep the #3/#4 pick, we'll use it on _______________.

2) I'll throw a HUGE fit if we keep the #3/#4 pick and use it on _______________.

3) If I can't get the guy I really want with that pick, the player I want next most with that #3/#4 pick is _______________.

4) With the eight (I'm guessing, after compensatory picks) draft picks we'll have, I'd like to see about _____ used on offense and _____ used on defense.

5) If we trade down to the middle of the first round, the guy who might be there I'd really love is _______________.

6) But if we trade down to the middle of the first round, we better not do it to take _______________.

7) The mid-round prospect I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is _______________.

8) The late-round sleeper I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is _______________.

9) I'll consider this a successful draft if we can improve our ________________ unit/position.

10) The prospect I'd bet the farm on being a star (if I had to) is _______________.

11) Likewise, the guy I'd bet will be a huge giant bust is _______________.

12) The guy who I think will get taken way too high is _______________.

13) But _______________ will fall farther than he should.

14) The one thing we absolutely don't need is another _______________.

15) My one pet player for this draft - the guy nobody is talking about who I know is on his way to great things - is _______________.
IrishBrowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishBrowns

1) I have my fingers and toes crossed that if we keep the #3/#4 pick, we'll use it on _______________.

2) I'll throw a HUGE fit if we keep the #3/#4 pick and use it on _______________.

3) If I can't get the guy I really want with that pick, the player I want next most with that #3/#4 pick is _______________.

4) With the eight (I'm guessing, after compensatory picks) draft picks we'll have, I'd like to see about _____ used on offense and _____ used on defense.

5) If we trade down to the middle of the first round, the guy who might be there I'd really love is _______________.

6) But if we trade down to the middle of the first round, we better not do it to take _______________.

7) The mid-round prospect I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is _______________.

8) The late-round sleeper I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is _______________.

9) I'll consider this a successful draft if we can improve our ________________ unit/position.

10) The prospect I'd bet the farm on being a star (if I had to) is _______________.

11) Likewise, the guy I'd bet will be a huge giant bust is _______________.

12) The guy who I think will get taken way too high is _______________.

13) But _______________ will fall farther than he should.

14) The one thing we absolutely don't need is another _______________.

15) My one pet player for this draft - the guy nobody is talking about who I know is on his way to great things - is _______________.
1. Joe Thomas
2. Brady Quinn
3. Adrian Peterson
4. Depends... 4/5 on offense 3/4 on defense
5. Adam Carriker
6. Amobi Okoye
7. Michael Bush
8. Roy Hall
9. O-line
10. Calvin Johnson
11. Dwayne Bowe
12. Tony Hunt
13. Troy Smith
14. Kick Returner
15. Roy Hall :mrgreen:
Old 02-19-2007, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

1) I have my fingers and toes crossed that if we keep the #3/#4 pick, we'll use it on _____AD__________.

2) I'll throw a HUGE fit if we keep the #3/#4 pick and use it on ___a QB____________.

3) If I can't get the guy I really want with that pick, the player I want next most with that #3/#4 pick is ____Alan Branch___________.

4) With the eight (I'm guessing, after compensatory picks) draft picks we'll have, I'd like to see about __2___ used on offense and _the rest____ used on defense.

5) If we trade down to the middle of the first round, the guy who might be there I'd really love is _____Adam Carriker__________.

6) But if we trade down to the middle of the first round, we better not do it to take ____Amobi Okoye or a DB___________.

7) The mid-round prospect I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is _____Dan Bazuin or Higgins__________.

8) The late-round sleeper I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is ____Louis Leonard___________.

9) I'll consider this a successful draft if we can improve our _______DL_________ unit/position.

10) The prospect I'd bet the farm on being a star (if I had to) is _____AD, CJ, and Gaines Adams__________.

11) Likewise, the guy I'd bet will be a huge giant bust is ______Amobi Okoye or Leon Hall_________.

12) The guy who I think will get taken way too high is _____Amobi Okoye__________.

13) But ______Calvin Johnson_________ will fall farther than he should.

14) The one thing we absolutely don't need is another ____QB___________.

15) My one pet player for this draft - the guy nobody is talking about who I know is on his way to great things - is _____Higgins__________.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G
Quote:

1) I have my fingers and toes crossed that if we keep the #3/#4 pick, we'll use it on _____AD__________.

2) I'll throw a HUGE fit if we keep the #3/#4 pick and use it on ___a QB____________.

3) If I can't get the guy I really want with that pick, the player I want next most with that #3/#4 pick is ____Alan Branch___________.

4) With the eight (I'm guessing, after compensatory picks) draft picks we'll have, I'd like to see about __2___ used on offense and _the rest____ used on defense.

5) If we trade down to the middle of the first round, the guy who might be there I'd really love is _____Adam Carriker__________.

6) But if we trade down to the middle of the first round, we better not do it to take ____Amobi Okoye or a DB___________.

7) The mid-round prospect I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is _____Dan Bazuin or Higgins__________.

8) The late-round sleeper I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is ____Louis Leonard___________.

9) I'll consider this a successful draft if we can improve our _______DL_________ unit/position.

10) The prospect I'd bet the farm on being a star (if I had to) is _____AD, CJ, and Gaines Adams__________.

11) Likewise, the guy I'd bet will be a huge giant bust is ______Amobi Okoye or Leon Hall_________.

12) The guy who I think will get taken way too high is _____Amobi Okoye__________.

15) My one pet player for this draft - the guy nobody is talking about who I know is on his way to great things - is _____Higgins__________.
Too bad on #4 as Phil said he's going offense. Do you think our D is that much worse than our Offense? You said you didn't want a DB (at least in the 1st) and we have quite a bit of depth at LB. Granted, our Dline is terrible but overall I think our defense is better than our offense.

So, where do you want the 6 pics on defense to go? All on D-line? By the way, I'm with you on Charlie Frye staying our starter.
Old 02-19-2007, 02:56 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

1) I have my fingers and toes crossed that if we keep the #3/#4 pick, we'll use it on ______AD, Quinn_________.

2) I'll throw a HUGE fit if we keep the #3/#4 pick and use it on _____Russell__________.

3) If I can't get the guy I really want with that pick, the player I want next most with that #3/#4 pick is ______Branch_________.

4) With the eight (I'm guessing, after compensatory picks) draft picks we'll have, I'd like to see about __4___ used on offense and ___4__ used on defense.

5) If we trade down to the middle of the first round, the guy who might be there I'd really love is _____carriker/lynch__________.

6) But if we trade down to the middle of the first round, we better not do it to take _____anyone but carriker or lynch__________.

7) The mid-round prospect I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is _____bush if we dont take peterson__________.

8) The late-round sleeper I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is ___ andy alleman____________.

9) I'll consider this a successful draft if we can improve our ______dline/oline__________ unit/position.

10) The prospect I'd bet the farm on being a star (if I had to) is ____pterson___________.

11) Likewise, the guy I'd bet will be a huge giant bust is _____paul posluzny__________.

12) The guy who I think will get taken way too high is ________gaines adams_______.

13) But ______quinn_________ will fall farther than he should.

14) The one thing we absolutely don't need is another ______tight end_________.

15) My one pet player for this draft - the guy nobody is talking about who I know is on his way to great things - is ____Sidney Rice___________.

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:

1) I have my fingers and toes crossed that if we keep the #3/#4 pick, we'll use it on ___AP or Quinn___.

2) I'll throw a HUGE fit if we keep the #3/#4 pick and use it on _____Branch________.

3) If I can't get the guy I really want with that pick, the player I want next most with that #3/#4 pick is _____CJ________.

4) With the eight (I'm guessing, after compensatory picks) draft picks we'll have, I'd like to see about __4___ used on offense and __4___ used on defense.

5) If we trade down to the middle of the first round, the guy who might be there I'd really love is ____Carriker_____.

6) But if we trade down to the middle of the first round, we better not do it to take ____Okoye_____.

7) The mid-round prospect I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is ______Bush/Smith_________.

8) The late-round sleeper I'd really love to see come to Cleveland is ____no clue_____.

9) I'll consider this a successful draft if we can improve our _____DL/RB______ unit/position.

10) The prospect I'd bet the farm on being a star (if I had to) is ______CJ_________.
11) Likewise, the guy I'd bet will be a huge giant bust is _______Russel________.

12) The guy who I think will get taken way too high is ____Smith_____.

13) But ______Quinn_________ will fall farther than he should.

14) The one thing we absolutely don't need is another ____saftey_____.

15) My one pet player for this draft - the guy nobody is talking about who I know is on his way to great things - is ___i dont know____.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1
Quote:
Quote:

Too bad on #4 as Phil said he's going offense. Do you think our D is that much worse than our Offense? You said you didn't want a DB (at least in the 1st) and we have quite a bit of depth at LB. Granted, our Dline is terrible but overall I think our defense is better than our offense.

So, where do you want the 6 pics on defense to go? All on D-line? By the way, I'm with you on Charlie Frye staying our starter.

All we need on offense is two OL and a RB. I think we will get atleast 1 OL in FA, so there is the two picks.

I have always been a defensive type guy, and i would much rather have a dominating defense than a great offense. To even become respectable we need 2 starting DEs and another for the rotation, a starting NT, a starting SOLB, and eventually a corner or safety. That is at least 5 big wholes, not counting DB.

OL (and depth) is a lot easier to find than good DL, and we are in a prime spot to get a franchise running back. SOLB is hard to find and will require a high pick.

I just see defense (specifically the line) as our greatest need. I hope phil was just blowing a smokescreeen....he is sneaky cat.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
All we need on offense is two OL and a RB
Our WR's are.....

Edwards - allways drops the big catch
JJ - getting old, prolly a #3 WR.
Northcutt - probably gone in FA
Cribbs - still learning, should be a #5 on most rosters
Wilson - didnt play much at all last year, and you really cant count on him right now.

Im thinking if Charlie is going to complete a pass ,we might need another WR also.

EVERY DB in the NFL will double Edwards knowing the others arent established threats. Braylon isnt good enough yet to beat a double team consistently.

Winslow will help, but hes still a TE.

With a deep class at WR, maybe we can get a contributer in RD3-4? But we might have greater needs and it wont be addressed.
Old 02-19-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

All we need on offense is two OL and a RB. I think we will get atleast 1 OL in FA, so there is the two picks.

I have always been a defensive type guy, and i would much rather have a dominating defense than a great offense. To even become respectable we need 2 starting DEs and another for the rotation, a starting NT, a starting SOLB, and eventually a corner or safety. That is at least 5 big wholes, not counting DB.

OL (and depth) is a lot easier to find than good DL, and we are in a prime spot to get a franchise running back. SOLB is hard to find and will require a high pick.

I just see defense (specifically the line) as our greatest need. I hope phil was just blowing a smokescreeen....he is sneaky cat.
I think we should get at least 3 olinemen combined in the draft and FA along with the RB, but I guess that is all we really need, with maybe a late round WR. And I don't think we need a safety, although a corner would be good. So, assuming we get 1 dline and 1 oline in FA, our biggest needs our still in the trenches, 1/2 on each side of the ball in the draft. Also, a RB and maybe a WR. On defense we can get a corner and a LB, but I still think 6 D and 2 O is a little extreme. But, after reading your post and thinking about it for a while, 5 D and 3 O does seem like it makes the most sense to me. Also, I think Orpheus Roye was our best player on the D-line last year and we won't have to replace him to have a great Dline in a few years.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya
Quote:
All we need on offense is two OL and a RB
Our WR's are.....

Edwards - allways drops the big catch
JJ - getting old, prolly a #3 WR.
Northcutt - probably gone in FA
Cribbs - still learning, should be a #5 on most rosters
Wilson - didnt play much at all last year, and you really cant count on him right now.

Im thinking if Charlie is going to complete a pass ,we might need another WR also.

EVERY DB in the NFL will double Edwards knowing the others arent established threats. Braylon isnt good enough yet to beat a double team consistently.

Winslow will help, but hes still a TE.

With a deep class at WR, maybe we can get a contributer in RD3-4? But we might have greater needs and it wont be addressed.
Roy Hall! Or I guess all you guys like Higgins, but I've never seen him play. I agree, another WR would not hurt.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

K2 counts as a WR, he caught 80 some balls.

Be Easy, K2, JJ, Wilson is good for now. I agree WR is an eventual need, but i don't really count one for this season, as we need so much work everywhere else.

We only need two OL. Smith is good depth, as is Matua. Sowells has starting potential, and Butler is on the fence between starting and depth. We need starting OG, and preferably a starting caliber RT. 2 is all we need, but i agree 3 new guys would be nice, so i'll compromise 3 O, 5 D.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

Old 02-19-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
stl9erfan
Veteran

stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.stl9erfan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Also, I think Orpheus Roye was our best player on the D-line last year and we won't have to replace him to have a great Dline in a few years.
in a few years. he will be retired.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
dlions20

KW2 might have caught alot of balls, but is still being covered by LBs when he runs a route (occasional safety). WR's take the attention of CB's and safeties. We currently only have 1 WR on the roster that Frye will throw to and he stares him down like its a super model taking her cloths off.

Noone in the NFL will consider double teaming any of our other WR's.

We need t hat other double team threat. But I agree there are greater needs, just dont overlook the fact that OL and RB are our only offensive needs.

Savage wants us to have a good OL (I said the obvious). Unless we go FA route, which isnt a gaurantee well get someone to start, we have to get them in the draft. The only gauranteed rounds to get a starter for our team are RD1 or 2. Maybe 3 if were lucky, but regaurdless we have to take an OL early.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I could be wrong but is this B.Edwards' last year on his contract?

Do you think the Brown's at the end of this year are going to shell out the money to keep him? If they end up drafting a QB, will this effect the decision at all?
Old 02-19-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
mcdlaxbonz13
Veteran

mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.mcdlaxbonz13 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i believe braylon still has 2 years he has only been in the league for 2 years and this upcoming season is his third and i think he signed a 5 year deal at minimum he signed a 4 year deal so we still have him one more year

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.
mcdlaxbonz13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21
Quote:
Also, I think Orpheus Roye was our best player on the D-line last year and we won't have to replace him to have a great Dline in a few years.
in a few years. he will be retired.
Good point. :roll:
Old 02-20-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

What would you guys say is the ideal size for a 3-4 NT? Maybe 6-4, 310??
Also, What happened to the NT we drafted from Stanford last year? Babatunde Oshinowo, I believe?
Old 02-20-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
dlions20

Quote:
Also, What happened to the NT we drafted from Stanford last year? Babatunde Oshinowo, I believe?
Ideal size is about 6'2 330

Oshinowu was more of a DE, and didnt get any playing time.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ideal size for a NT is around 6'1"-6'2", around 325-330lbs. It isn't impossible for a bigger guy to play NT but they want strong run defenders with a very low centre of gravity who is very tough to move. the taller the player, generally the easier to block him. Hampton of Pittsburgh is the prototype for the position 6'1", 325lbs.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Fresh
Rookie

The only person who really fits that prototypical size in the draft (according to Scott's stats) would be Doughty.

Branch is 6-6 and Tank Tyler barely weighs 300 but he could probably add on about 20.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

According to Cleveland.com, Bentley is out for 2007, will need another surgery on that knee for the same injury, and his career is in jeopardy. His agent guarantees he will play again at a pro bowl level, but what is he supposed to say?

I didnt expect him to play this year honestly, and our draft strategy must proceed such that he is not even on our team.

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote