Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 10-19-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Washington, maybe. Jacksonville hasn't been that much better than us this yer.
It's called home field advantage. We will be underdogs in both games. You can be sure of that. If the games were in Cleveland maybe it's a different story but they are not and they will be extremely tough to win.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:14 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackwoodsBoy View Post
Its a two way street buddy. You say there are no easy wins, but then you act like its an easy win for any team playing the Browns...infact you already have Jacksonville and Washington marked down as two easy wins for them. Hypocritical and Pessimistic?

I believe we can come out of the next two weeks 1-1 leaving us a 3-4

Buffalo, Denver, Houston, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Baltimore, Philadelphia are all very winnable games and Tennessee & Indianapolis can very easily slip up just like the Giants. Obviously we won't win all 9 of those games or all 7 of the winnable games, but to think we can't win 5 of the 7 winnable games or 5 of the 9 total is a very poor attitude to have. We have a good football team we just came out of the gates slow and mental errors and lack of coaching have killed us. Chud was playing too close to the vest the first 4 games and now that the team is backed into a corner he's been forced to open up the game plan again.
I love people who speak out of both sides of their mouth. Here's your forcast on the Giant's game:
"As ugly as things got against the most overrated team in the NFL(Dallas) how ugly to things get tonight on prime time in front of the whole country?"

The 1st 2 Washington and Jacksonville, will be very tough because they are on the road where it is much tougher to win.
Every game can said to be winnable but we'll only be favourites in 3 of them. All the rest will find us as underdogs.
We do have a good football team but so do our opponents in 8 of the 11 games we still have to play and our weak opponents have us marked down as a winnable game as well. Face it, we have a muderous schedule and meet 6 of our toughest remaing teams on the road including Washington, Jacksonville, Buffalo, Tennessee, Philly and Pittsburgh.
Unless you think DA suddenly found the light and became the second coming of Brady or Peyton, we are in for a long season.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Unless you think DA suddenly found the light and became the second coming of Brady or Peyton, we are in for a long season.
Brady Quinn right?
Old 10-19-2008, 06:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man, I'm shocked that we didn't try to get more yards there at the end and were content to kick it 54 yards instead of 40some. That was a combo of bad coaching decisions and bad QB decisions. Cleveland is like the anti-clutch team.

DA played really terrible on the road today, he needs to be more consistent or else Quinn will be starting before long. Not a bad 4th quarter by any means though, we almost stole that one.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** romeo crennel that ******* piece of garbage ************ i hope he ******* eats his way to death that fat piece of ******* **** and i hope someone shoots anderson on "accident" during a little hunting vacation that ****** ************...

I would throw a brick at Braylon too but hed put his hands up and drop it and it wouldnt matter if i hurt his hands because he doesnt ******* know how to use them anyways.

/endyodarant

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 06:52 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

DA single handedly lost this game for us.

say was you will about Edwards dropping passes, those passes wouldnt have put points on the board, and i think only 2 of them would have been for a first down.

-2 out of 3 passes into the flats intended for lewis were off target.

-a screen to Stallworth was thrown behind him. ON A WR SCREEN!

-all the passes except 2 to winslow were WAY off or thrown to him while getting hit.

the defense is playing sound football. the numbers dont say that b/c the D is always on the field. and everyone here says that we need a corner or an OLB in the first round this year. well, we dont. We need a MLB and a DE. give me Rey Maualuga and Tyson Jackson. make it happen phil.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i thought williams, leonard, and even thomas played okay at DE today. I think the only problem on defense is the linebackers, but I'm not worried about that side of the ball right now.

DA and the offense has been way too inconsistent, sometimes it looks like Anderson can't find any accuracy at all, even on routine short passes to RBs and WRs in the flat. I hope to God his leash is a lot shorter now than it was last week.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had to try the 54 yarder keylime, DA missed a wide open Braylon on 3rd and 10, and we can't go for it on 4th and 10 there...

Another performance like that and we need to see Quinn. And how the hell does a 6'6" QB get so many passes deflected!?
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I thought on either 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down we should've tried to move closer and to the middle of the field in case we didn't get another first down. It was a 54 yarder on the right hash when it was 1st and ten, I'm surprised the coaches felt didn't try to get it more into range instead of trying to get closer to the endzone. I was stunned they didn't run it or do a short pass or short out to get it closer before trying to get downfield more, we had enough time.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not sure i want to see Brady until our coaching staff (Romeo) shows better game/time management because it doesn't matter who the QB is when your coaches don't give u a chance. However, i do realize we wouldn't have been in this predicament had there been better QB play.

Anderson just can't get it...I want Brady more and more every game.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:12 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
We had to try the 54 yarder keylime, DA missed a wide open Braylon on 3rd and 10, and we can't go for it on 4th and 10 there...

Another performance like that and we need to see Quinn. And how the hell does a 6'6" QB get so many passes deflected!?
It might be because he's staring down his receivers? Maybe he's trying to force it so he throws it lower.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:25 AM    (permalink
TickOffOurBestPlayer

Ryan Tucker
Phil Dawson
Ryan Pontbraind
Kellen Winslow
Sean Jones
Andra Davis
Steve Heiden

What do these players have in common?

Hint: Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel are more worried about getting rid of all the players that they didn't draft or bring in themselves than actually winning football games.
Old 10-24-2008, 05:23 AM    (permalink
brownie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TickOffOurBestPlayer View Post
Ryan Tucker
Phil Dawson
Ryan Pontbraind
Kellen Winslow
Sean Jones
Andra Davis
Steve Heiden

What do these players have in common?

Hint: Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel are more worried about getting rid of all the players that they didn't draft or bring in themselves than actually winning football games.
I wouldn't be upset to see Winslow go, he's a jerk. You don't win with guys with that attitude. Do you think that Bellicheck would keep him on his team? I don't.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Freddy G
Veteran

Freddy G hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Shaun Rogers is the best decision we've made in a while.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan
Freddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Browns winnnnnnn!!!! tell your children to pledge allegiance to shaun rogers at school tomorrow morning instead of the flag.

...why are we 2-0 without K2 this year? that's mighty curious.
Old 10-26-2008, 06:06 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. I'll excuse you guys whilst Big Baby has all your babies.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:23 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy G View Post
Shaun Rogers is the best decision we've made in a while.
Hell yeah he has. The Browns have 1 for sure Pro Bowler this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Browns winnnnnnn!!!! tell your children to pledge allegiance to shaun rogers at school tomorrow morning instead of the flag.

...why are we 2-0 without K2 this year? that's mighty curious.
K2 is one of my favorite players, but sadly, I think he's a Shockey clone. Not so much in play style, but in the form that we may be a better team without them and the distractions they make. No one will argue that K2 is very talented, but for all the good he brings, there is at LEAST the same amount of negative. We quietly dangled him around before the trade deadline and I think we'll be more aggressive this offseason and perusing something. Who knows, maybe K2's attitude will change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Good game guys. I'll excuse you guys whilst Big Baby has all your babies.
Good game. Any game going down to the wire like that is a hell of a game. This is a big win for us, as Jacksonville is a good team.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
TickOffOurBestPlayer

We are a great football team and then + Derek Anderson + D'Qwell Jackson + Andra Davis = very average.
Old 10-27-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Martin Rucker healthy for you guys or is he still suffering from an injury?
Old 10-27-2008, 04:09 AM    (permalink
PickedOffTwice
Rookie

PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.

Derek Anderson, while not losing us the game today, did again only complete barely 50% of his passes. And that's a good day for him......

Bottom Line:

Put Brady Quinn in there, Romeo!
PickedOffTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:49 AM    (permalink
giantsfan
Pro Bowler

giantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairgiantsfan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Just wondering about the browns' pass rush and how badly you guys need an upgrade and where to upgrade that pass rush.
giantsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 06:54 AM    (permalink
TickOffOurBestPlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan View Post
Just wondering about the browns' pass rush and how badly you guys need an upgrade and where to upgrade that pass rush.
hmm ILB and DE. Our outside pass rushers have talent and are getting the QB, but the QB can just step up because aside from Shaun Rogers we have nothing pushing the pocket from the inside.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats with the random electrical tape numbers on the helmets now?
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:26 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Whats with the random electrical tape numbers on the helmets now?
they're the throwback helmets.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSimmsy21 View Post
they're the throwback helmets.
They look stupid. I like the plain helmets
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote