Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cleveland Browns Team Forum

Cleveland Browns Team Forum Discuss the Browns

Old 11-18-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pretty much taken back by the ineptness of that back 7 to tackle the ballcarrier, on a couple of plays they looked like they couldnt bring the QB down. I think they need linebackers that can tackle (obviously). I would look at Curry, Spikes, Rey Rey and Laurinaitis. I don't think you want someone that makes a top 10 plays on ESPN rather someone that can make a dozen tackles a game, cover and occasionally get to the QB. Let the experts figure who that would be.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Depressing thought: if we didn't blow those two double digit fourth quarter leads to Baltimore and Denver then we are 6-4 right now and would be currently sitting in a wildcard spot. :(
Old 11-19-2008, 02:18 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
when you're up by only three with nearly 2 minutes left you give it to them near their own 45 you must be crazy. If you don't think your coverage team can stop them from moving it up near the 40 yard line you might as well kick it Out of bounds. They would have been better off kicking it deep and taking their chances, too much time on the clock and they only were moving the ball with their runningbacks. One pass they were in FG range. We are extremely lucky to be 4-6 and not 3-7 after that.
I love second guessers. I would just love to see what you would have said if Crennel had the kicker, kick it deep and McKelvin returned it for a TD or a where a cheap FG would win the game. I can just imagine.
The simple fact is that Braylon Edwards has killed us this season. NFL Network ran a showcase of all his dropped balls this season, 2 of which would have beaten both Dallas and Pittsburgh otherwise we are easily 6-4 and probably leading the Division.
It also hasn't helped that age is definitely catching up to Lewis.
You might as well face it. Crennel is going to be our HC next year. So live with it.
Old 11-19-2008, 02:51 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I love second guessers. I would just love to see what you would have said if Crennel had the kicker, kick it deep and McKelvin returned it for a TD or a where a cheap FG would win the game. I can just imagine.
The simple fact is that Braylon Edwards has killed us this season. NFL Network ran a showcase of all his dropped balls this season, 2 of which would have beaten both Dallas and Pittsburgh otherwise we are easily 6-4 and probably leading the Division.
You might as well face it. Crennel is going to be our HC next year. So live with it.
This man knows....

Should've, would've, could've. A win is a win. The loses aren't because of one man [Romeo] but on multiple people that makeup the team....Some of you are expecting to much and really, firing Romeo is only going to delay that process even more...

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 06:43 AM    (permalink
CantStopGregJones
Rookie

CantStopGregJones hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Depressing thought: if we didn't blow those two double digit fourth quarter leads to Baltimore and Denver then we are 6-4 right now and would be currently sitting in a wildcard spot. :(
You are what you are...no excuses. We could just as easily be 1-9 as we could be 8-2. We haven't been blown out in a lot of our losses, but we haven't exactly been world beaters in our wins either. We are no better than a 4-6 team and we are no worse than a 4-6 team.

So who is down for firing Romeo Crennel and switching to the 43 defense? I'll be honest I wasn't down for a big change like that since we've put so much into it already and constant change is never good, but I think I've had enough of the 34 defense after 58 straight pathetic showings. Its time we go back to the 43 defense and bring in some real coaches.

Phil Savage can stay he's done great.
CantStopGregJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 09:07 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
before the kick i was saying, "kick it deep", you gotta take the chance with that slim of a lead and that amount of time left. I've never seen a team squib kick it with a 2 point lead and nearly 2 minutes left. Kick it to the upback who is lined up on the 20 maybe, but don't squib it up the middle. And I wouldn't be too sure that Crennel will be back next year if we win the 6 games it looks like we will. There've been a lot of bad things this year, and coaching is part of the problem.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:40 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Don't ask how, but I do get WTAM 1100 AM in south carolina, and I heard that Quinn broke a finger on his throwing hand. I think he's gonna play Sunday, but anyone in Ohio know if this is legit?

EDIT: aha! http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...to-play-Sunday
Old 11-20-2008, 02:10 PM    (permalink
CantStopGregJones
Rookie

CantStopGregJones hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Don't ask how, but I do get WTAM 1100 AM in south carolina, and I heard that Quinn broke a finger on his throwing hand. I think he's gonna play Sunday, but anyone in Ohio know if this is legit?

EDIT: aha! http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8...to-play-Sunday
Its legit, however, Romeo said he will play and no we will not see Derek Anderson.

On a side note. Donte Stallworth would have already declared himself unable to go if he had this same injury. Anyone else down for cutting him and his constantly sore vagina?
CantStopGregJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStopGregJones View Post
Its legit, however, Romeo said he will play and no we will not see Derek Anderson.

On a side note. Donte Stallworth would have already declared himself unable to go if he had this same injury. Anyone else down for cutting him and his constantly sore vagina?
he'll be cut. It's almost certain. i posted this a while back ago...

i got an update on Stallworth's contract according to the OBR.

while most of you, including myself, were pretty confused at the 10 mil guaranteed money we through at him. While technically a seven-year, $35 million deal, the contract could better be described as a one-year, $5.655 million deal, with a club option for six more years.

Stallworth was given a $4.5 million signing bonus and has a base salary of $605,000 in 2008, of which $500,000 is guaranteed. Stallworth also will receive a $50,000 workout bonus this year and $500,000 of his $745,000 base salary in 2009 is guaranteed.

However, in March of 2009, Stallworth is due a roster bonus of $4.875 million and scheduled to carry a cap number just north of $6.4 million in the second year of the deal. Unless Stallworth has an amazing year he probably wont ever see that money.

Should Stallworth make it past the first year of the deal, he has scheduled roster bonuses of $1.5 million in 2010, and $500,000 in each of the last four years of the deal.

What this means is, the remaining guaranteed money that isnt paid in the first year of the contract will be dividing evenly and counted against our cap for the following six years.
Old 11-26-2008, 11:35 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brady Quinn out for the year.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27259

Being discussed in NFL subforum. Feel free to continue discussion there or in this one [Cleveland Browns Discussion], new topics about it will be locked and deleted.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:07 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So no Quinn and now no Anderson.

Ken Dorsey vs. Tennessee. I think we might not win.
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
So no Quinn and now no Anderson.

Ken Dorsey vs. Tennessee. I think we might not win.
It's hard to see us winning any game for the rest of the season.
Old 12-01-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

KENNY DORSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

My man!

I hope he does well. One of my favorite Canes of all time.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
KENNY DORSEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

My man!

I hope he does well. One of my favorite Canes of all time.
HELL YEAH! I love me some Ken Dorsey =]

JSimmsy and I started a Dor-sey chant a few seasons ago when we had Frye, and both he and Anderson were horrible...We took full credit for that chant.

p.s. I know I'm getting a Cribbs jersey in white this Christmas =]

Old 12-01-2008, 02:38 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
HELL YEAH! I love me some Ken Dorsey =]

JSimmsy and I started a Dor-sey chant a few seasons ago when we had Frye, and both he and Anderson were horrible...We took full credit for that chant.

p.s. I know I'm getting a Cribbs jersey in white this Christmas =]
I was in that chant too. I was at the game when he came in against Tampa Bay and I was so happy when he came in. He did bad but he seems to be thrown in really bad situations though. 3rd and 20. But after seeing him in preseason I have little hope for the rest of the season.
Old 12-01-2008, 03:55 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalbears13 View Post
I was in that chant too. I was at the game when he came in against Tampa Bay and I was so happy when he came in. He did bad but he seems to be thrown in really bad situations though. 3rd and 20. But after seeing him in preseason I have little hope for the rest of the season.
I think it was the Tampa game [2006]. We kept making jokes that we wanted to hang ourselves from the second story of the dawg pound or wear bags for being a fan...I think that may be a game where we lost our buddy during the third quarter, as his drunk ass ended up in the parking lot sleeping on the tailgate of Jsimmy's truck...I know we had 4 tickets to that game, and usually when we had two it was me and Jsimmy that were there...

Do you remember dude?

Old 12-01-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think it was the Tampa game [2006]. We kept making jokes that we wanted to hang ourselves from the second story of the dawg pound or wear bags for being a fan...I think that may be a game where we lost our buddy during the third quarter, as his drunk ass ended up in the parking lot sleeping on the tailgate of Jsimmy's truck...I know we had 4 tickets to that game, and usually when we had two it was me and Jsimmy that were there...

Do you remember dude?
I wasn't there with you but I was chanting it from where I was. I guess I should have rephrased it better.
Old 12-01-2008, 04:04 PM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I wasn't there with you but I was chanting it from where I was. I guess I should have rephrased it better.
No, I meant JSimmsy, that was there with me. =p

Old 12-02-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Browns sign Bruce Gradkowski. QB controversy is finally over, we can trade Quinn AND Anderson now.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:03 AM    (permalink
JSimmsy21
Rookie

JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.JSimmsy21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Do you remember dude?
i remember. it was cold. and i was drunk. xmas eve. he left in the middle of the second quater too. DA threw 4 picks i think. one was right to derrick brooks who took it in for a score. damn browns.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game today guys. Good luck on the rest of the season.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Chris Johnson is gonna get my fantasy team into the super bowl at least (today my playoffs started).
Old 12-07-2008, 09:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's really carried our offense. 1,098 yds and 8 TD's this season with 3 games left to play. He'll hopefully finish with 1,200+ yds. He also has 250+ yds receiving and a TD reception.

Kerry Collins gets a lot of credit for being responsible for the Titans offensive turn around from last year, but without CJ, we're not 12-1.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:49 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

At least we now know that there won't be a 3 way QB controversy.
Old 12-07-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least we now know that there won't be a 3 way QB controversy.
Wait til Gradkowski gets a shot! ;)