Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-06-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just need to force them to pass. But that is much easier said than done. We were getting penetration all game the first time we met, but AD is so quick and elusive and powerful that he made his own holes.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jim View Post
I'm glad this is the game that Collins has to missed, because the Vikings aren't a real big threat with their passing game and QB shuffling. Aaron Rouse is a big body and is more suited to playing in the box anyway. I think Rouse, if they play him mostly in the box, will be able to have a productive game.

With that said, I just hope Bigby steps up his game and is able to handle the responsibility of being the veteran safety back there.
Thing is he's fillilng in for Collins, not Bigby. If we play a safety in the box it will be Bigby. Rouse's coverage isn't too good, but he does have a little speed on Atari. Also while Rouse may have size on him Bigby is the better run stopper. He's physical and likes to get in on the play. Infact he's second on the team in tackles behind Barnett.
Old 11-06-2007, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Adrian Peterson will have a modest day against the packer defense and end up right around 110 with about 25 carries. But the bigger question mark i can think of is Jarret Bush is he still the Nickel? because he had trouble last time we met.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unfortunetly yes he is

Old 11-06-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
litlharsh
Veteran

litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.litlharsh hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I can see Chilly all but benching ad trying to keep him alive. 30+ carries a game not gonna work.
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Keyshawn because i just hate T.O. he is a cocky son of a biscuit
But an athletic marvel for a second generation confectionary product
litlharsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys forget that the Vikings haven't had any passing game all year, every team went out there just to stop ADP and most of them failed

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
You guys forget that the Vikings haven't had any passing game all year, every team went out there just to stop ADP and most of them failed
That's Partially because the one thing our WR's seems to do well is help out in Run Blocking there has been a good amount of runs when Adrian is one on one with the Safety and AD's gonna win that battle 90% of the time.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Is Rouse really that bad in Coverage? I remember him having really good instincts with impressive speed for his size. MM seems like him a lot and if he performs well in coverage, maybe we could use him to cover the opposition TE.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i wonder if these packer fans realize that every team has been playing the Vikes 8 in the box all year....

wonder how that has worked thus far?
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:12 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

and do you guys remember the 10 carries for 110 yards the last time he ran up against you guys?
Old 11-06-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
and do you guys remember the 10 carries for 110 yards the last time he ran up against you guys?
Do you remember the result of the game? I do!

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Remember the W as well

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

that had more to do with the childress and the vikes giving the ball to AP twice in the 2nd half....

ill bet anything that AP gets more than 2 carries in the second half of this sundays game
Old 11-07-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

Quote:
that had more to do with the childress and the vikes giving the ball to AP twice in the 2nd half....

ill bet anything that AP gets more than 2 carries in the second half of this sundays game
And ill bet it will be the same result as the last time we played a W for GB!
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm predicting a low scoring game, 10-6 Packers.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Aaron Rouse

I hope the rookie Aaron Rouse has a big game in place of Collins, I dont know if it is just me but Collins has seemed to plateau in terms of his development.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Rodgers and Lynch_07
Veteran

Rodgers and Lynch_07 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont think so....Collins has shown promise at times, although he does have spells of mental lapses. I think he will work out to be a good overall safety, but I wouldn't mind McCarthy giving Rouse a shot.

http://www.wisconsin-sports.com/
Rodgers and Lynch_07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 08:00 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodgers and Lynch_07 View Post
i dont think so....Collins has shown promise at times, although he does have spells of mental lapses. I think he will work out to be a good overall safety, but I wouldn't mind McCarthy giving Rouse a shot.
A. why don't you ask one of the admins for a user name change lol Rodgers and Lynch, I wish.

B. Collins has to work with his hands and it was a shame to get rid of Sharper and Roman, Collins needs a vet to play with and also to teach him things, isn't it surprising Collins had his best year when Roman was here. Collins is full of raw talent.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Hands are definite problem for Collins, ive counted 3+ dropped picks this year for him.

Old 11-10-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
A. why don't you ask one of the admins for a user name change lol Rodgers and Lynch, I wish.

B. Collins has to work with his hands and it was a shame to get rid of Sharper and Roman, Collins needs a vet to play with and also to teach him things, isn't it surprising Collins had his best year when Roman was here. Collins is full of raw talent.
Roman sucked, he was worse than Bigby and Manuel.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

lmao Roman was absolutely horrible
i remember 1 play againt the panthers where he got dragged for like 10 yards by Deshawn Foster
not to mention he got burnt in coverage 24/7

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers need collins to be a playmaking safety, he had the game against the Bears last year, but it seems like he is still thinking way too much out there. He has the speed to be one, and he doesnt commit penalties, but I'm still waiting for him to make plays. Whether its rouse or collins, one of them needs to step up and make something happen.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:24 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Collins has had 8 or so drops according to the jsonline on Sharper. Sharper;s had two dropped interceptions. Sharper also gets those interceptions, but his team is 3-5 and they have one of the worst pass defenses in the league. TT still didn't make a good decision when he sent Sharper to a Division rival, but I have liked how Collins catches people with his closing speed and how he's a lot more physical than Sharper.

Interesting talk about a 4-4. Against Vikings, I'd start 5 D-line, 3 LBs and have Bigby at Safety. KGB and Kampman on the outside, Jenkins, and Jolly over the guards and Pickett over center. Maybe their third string guy better than Tavaris, but 5 DL a great defense against Jackson. With how the Vikings dissed Williamson and how crappy the WRs are, if the Packers can stop the run game, it's a win. Considering how good AD looked against us in the first half of game one and how he looked against the Chargers, that's a big if, but I still think we get it done tomorrow.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Hows about Kamp and Cullen, and then Williams in over the Guard?
That way we have more run stoppers in there, still bring KGB in on the 3rd and longs

Old 11-11-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to think that Ryan Grant might be the real deal.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote