Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 12-15-2007, 01:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Brown isn't even worth the roster spot that he takes up before the final cuts. He should retire. It's over.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
but he is a force. Bob Sanders is the same kind i think and he is a great player. U dont have to pay him that big money but keep him
He is a force...when healthy. That is rare now-a-days. Like 51 said, he should retire. Its one injury after another with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hmm...k
what is the bigger risk? Safety, OL, QB, RB with the first round pick?
Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure what you're asking, which position is the weakest or which is the position most risky to draft for?

I think the position we are weakest at is safety. That said, it's not as important as LT or QB, so I would put it 3rd on my priority list. Of the two between LT and QB, it would just depend on the value to me. If one of the top 3 quarterbacks is available I would bite, as the value drops off drastically after that. A good LT could potentially be found in the 2nd round and at worst we would have a good RT and have Tait and LT for another year.

Honestly, if we shored up the RT position that would help Tait as well, because we could put the TE or shift the runningback over to his side more often.

Runningback is probably a 4th concern to me, that or WR.

Old 12-15-2007, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I meant risky. Is there a lot of high risk high reward prospects out there? Is it better to go riskier sometimes than to go conservative? Im not really familiar with the draft prospects due to the fact that i cant watch any college games.

btw Bf51 if u had to choose between Jake Long and 1 of the 3 QBs...who?
Old 12-15-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
I meant risky. Is there a lot of high risk high reward prospects out there? Is it better to go riskier sometimes than to go conservative? Im not really familiar with the draft prospects due to the fact that i cant watch any college games.

btw Bf51 if u had to choose between Jake Long and 1 of the 3 QBs...who?
I don't really buy the risk/reward argument based on position. Look at Robert Gallery. Sure-fire lock pick at offensive tackle and he turns into a bust. Tony Mandarich is another example.

As to your second question, I would probably take Long, but I don't view that as a realistic option considering it's almost impossible we'll pick higher than 9th or 10th.

Old 12-16-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'll lose our next two games and win our last one to go 6-10 personally...Look for AP to go for 400 yards against us tomorrow night, Green Bay is a machine right now...but I think we can take New Orleans in the snow and cold.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

what happens if the Bears win out, the Vikings, the Lions, Saints, Arz and Was lose 2 or out?
Old 12-16-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

washington needs to lose all 3 since they hold the tiebreaker with us... Saints, Cards, and Vikings, I don't know.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

not like it matters, just curious

looks like Wolfe is getting more involved

Last edited by Gay Ork Wang : 12-16-2007 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm not sure what you're asking, which position is the weakest or which is the position most risky to draft for?

I think the position we are weakest at is safety. That said, it's not as important as LT or QB, so I would put it 3rd on my priority list. Of the two between LT and QB, it would just depend on the value to me. If one of the top 3 quarterbacks is available I would bite, as the value drops off drastically after that. A good LT could potentially be found in the 2nd round and at worst we would have a good RT and have Tait and LT for another year.

Honestly, if we shored up the RT position that would help Tait as well, because we could put the TE or shift the runningback over to his side more often.

Runningback is probably a 4th concern to me, that or WR.
If Kenny Phillips is there for us in the first, we gotta grab him. We should also bring Mike Brown back for one more year. Put a clause in his contract regarding injuries or something. I'd feel so much better about this team going into next season with Brown and Phillips are our starting safeties. OT,RB,OG,QB,DT/WR after that.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ng View Post
If Kenny Phillips is there for us in the first, we gotta grab him. We should also bring Mike Brown back for one more year. Put a clause in his contract regarding injuries or something. I'd feel so much better about this team going into next season with Brown and Phillips are our starting safeties. OT,RB,OG,QB,DT/WR after that.
If we draft Phillips, there would be absolutely no reason to spend money on Brown.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm down by one point and can start either Olsen or Clark tonight.. who is Orton going to throw to more? Who is more likely to get ONE catch? Not the most points, but ONE CATCH?

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
Old 12-17-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post
I'm down by one point and can start either Olsen or Clark tonight.. who is Orton going to throw to more? Who is more likely to get ONE catch? Not the most points, but ONE CATCH?

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
Clark

(char)

Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
I would lean Clark. He's the safer bet. It's not as if Orton had that much time to develop a rapport with Olsen, which might've been a factor. That said, I expect both to play a role tonight working against those linebackers.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the reasoning behind it? I know Clark has gotten more looks recently but Sportsline and Yahoo rank Olsen ahead of Clark in terms of TE rankings... I'm split.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Thanks toon, I'll probably go with Clark for that very reason, I was just puzzled on why two major fantasy outlets ranked Olsen ahead, clearly he's more talented but Clark has been getting the reps lately.

I was very tempted to go with my Miami brethren though.
Old 12-17-2007, 01:22 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Olsen is probably ranked higher because he's more of a redzone threat, but if all you need is one catch Clark is the safer bet.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If the season ended today we'd be picking 10th and 40th in the first two rounds.

Assuming we can get one of the three signal-callers with the 1st pick, I've eliminated the top 32 players from Scouts Inc (a reasonable list) and added an aditional 7 that I doubt will be available by the early 2nd.

The most obvious name left would be Chris Williams, which would be a pretty nice grab at the top of the 2nd. I'm not a huge fan but considering the need and value I'd be happy with a Woodson/Williams combination. You could probably throw Tony Hills and Barry Richardson in there as well. Gosder Cherlius would be an outside chance of falling at this point.

If we wanted to go a different route that could be a good spot to take a position player like Kevin Smith, Steve Slaton, Adarius Bowman, Earl Bennett, or DJ Hall.

Another possibility, and something I wouldn't doubt Angelo would consider, is a DT like Frank Okam, Dre Moore, or Fili Moala.

Anyway...just something to think about considering there isn't much to get excited about on the current team.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:19 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my review of the game last night:

Offense: lackluster. Orton did a good job managing the game, not turning it over. I didnt think the line did a great job, and b/c of that our running game was non-existant. WR lapses and drops hurt us. Ron Turner needs to go.
Grade: D-

Defense: I think Vasher playing on the field makes the biggest difference. Before w/o him, we couldnt do much defensivly, but with him we had the opprotunity to do a lot more. I think the DL played very well. I want to see more of this kid from Oregon, b/c he looked good and if he continues to play well, the DT need goes right out the window. I believe that I read a story about Toeaina, if he was the one off of the Bengals practice squad the article was saying that is was a blow to them, b/c they were grooming him...much like Kelly Gregg. Overall, very good preformance.
Grade: A

ST: Gould and Maynard had good days. Hester tried to do to much w/ it, but still gave us very good field position almost every time.
Grade: A-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:45 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Put this in the gameday thread...meant to put it here

I think it's the offensive line more than anything in Chicago.

I said a few weeks ago I would go after the top FA O-lineman in FA if Briggs can't be resigned and I would spend my 1st pick on a O-lineman in this very rich draft along the line.

Some names I think would be realistic for where you'll bve picking-

Baker-Oher-Otah-and possibly Cherilus althought I've heard he may challenge Long for the top OT spot

The only guard I think will be a 1st rounder is Shuning (sp?) from Oregon State, I was really impressed with him last year when watching game films of Adam Koets last year after the Giants drafted him. In the 2 games worth of notes I have on him this year, I have down that he is physically dominating battles with bigger DTs once he gets locked on. Very sound and consistent technique with the ability to pull and get good space out in front of backs...dominant at the second level. Sounds like exactly what the Bears interior needs...keep his name in mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

I just think we have to go offense with the draft.
The Bears can do things without a dominant QB but not without a dominant OL. The dominated in 06, gave us the superbowl. If the offense doesnt start making some plays, run the ball effectively i cant see us winning more than 8 without injuries.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:54 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if we dont sign briggs we better keep berrian. and if we dont land Clady/Loadholt/Otah the i may just go and try out for T in camp next year, b/c i may be an improvement. i think if felix jones comes out and slips we should get him in the 2nd, but just wondering, wat is every1's top 5 big board for rd 1. i got
1. Clady
2. Phillips
3. Loadholt
4. Otah
5. Brohm (Ryan is a gunslinger which is a no-no now and Woodson wont be able to step right in)
plz post ur thoughts and opinions on mine and urs
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear89 View Post
if we dont sign briggs we better keep berrian. and if we dont land Clady/Loadholt/Otah the i may just go and try out for T in camp next year, b/c i may be an improvement. i think if felix jones comes out and slips we should get him in the 2nd, but just wondering, wat is every1's top 5 big board for rd 1. i got
1. Clady
2. Phillips
3. Loadholt
4. Otah
5. Brohm (Ryan is a gunslinger which is a no-no now and Woodson wont be able to step right in)
plz post ur thoughts and opinions on mine and urs
Ryan is hardly a "gunslinger"

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 12:17 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think i'd put ryan #1 right now. outside of something crazy happening like jake long or mcfadden falling

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote