Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 09-10-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The biggest problems with going to 3-4 are that it will take several drafts to transition to a 3-4, see Kansas City. Briggs is our best player and he doesn't shed blocks well, Idojine might be able to play one end, but Harris would get clobbered on the other side. Melton might be able to play rush linebacker, but getting the personnel will take a while.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
The biggest problems with going to 3-4 are that it will take several drafts to transition to a 3-4, see Kansas City. Briggs is our best player and he doesn't shed blocks well, Idojine might be able to play one end, but Harris would get clobbered on the other side. Melton might be able to play rush linebacker, but getting the personnel will take a while.
And like i said, with so many teams already running plus the possibility of others switching to it, there will be huge demand for the players who fit making it take so much longer.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really do not like Peppers in a 3-4. I just don't think it would work. That's why I wanted no part of him in free agency. Not that we'd ever sign him anyway.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hope we get Gregg Williams as our HC next year...

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
He's probably one of the guys who are better coordinators than HCs. He was 17-31 with the Bills and was known for making horrible in-game decisions.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather an offensive guy. Gruden would be my prime choice....I'd even take Brian Billick. Just someone who won't keep trying to play god with the defense and keep ******* it up. Also someone who won't keep consciously ignoring the offensive line for god damn UTs and SSs. It pisses me off so much to think about......
Old 09-10-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
**** no. Williams is a terrible head coach. Fantastic defensive coordinator, but he has no business running a team. He blew monkey nuts in Buffalo.

I want Billick, Cowher or Gruden. Me personally, I want a coach with some fire and intensity, basically the anti-Lovie.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:19 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
**** no. Williams is a terrible head coach. Fantastic defensive coordinator, but he has no business running a team. He blew monkey nuts in Buffalo.

I want Billick, Cowher or Gruden. Me personally, I want a coach with some fire and intensity, basically the anti-Lovie.
I want the anti-Lovie too but **** no to Cowher. For too long I watched him spitting up a storm on the sideline while Dick Lebeau made that defense into a Superbowl caliber one. Cowher doesn't have a ring without him.....Lebeau now has 2. Plus he'd almost certainly install a 3-4 and demand to have GM powers.

Gruden then Billick are my two favs. Experience, Super Bowl rings, more intensity than Lovie, offensive minded.....them at HC and some young hot shot at DC to rebuild it from scratch. Honestly, I'm not too attached to any player on it anymore.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:56 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who doesnt blow monkey nuts in Buffalo

Old 09-11-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Gruden or bust for me. I love everything about him.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

God we need to beat the Lions.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 interception for Cutler...

Tom Jackson forecasted 32 for him this year

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense is playing well, just getting bad field position.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Whelp. It's time to kill Lovie.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Mr. X
Rookie

Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.

We lost that game, anyone who defends that stupid rule need not argue.
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
We lost that game, anyone who defends that stupid rule need not argue.
I mean, I'll take the win since we probably won't get many others. Dumb as all hell rule though.....

Lousy lousy lousy coaching today. Defense played great all game then went to **** and made Shaun Hill look like Joe Montana on that last drive. Bad turnovers, stupid calls........

Sigh. Gonna be a long year.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Mr. X
Rookie

Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.Mr. X could make a wolverine purr.

What really bothers me is that I saw three things that made that a TD catch:

1) Johnson had both feet inbounds
2) His body made contact with the ground well before the ball/hand
3) The amount of time he held the ball was adequate enough given 1 and 2 that there should be no questioning the catch.

I don't understand the going for 7 on the goal line when a field goal would've put us up. Chalk up that game to a bad ruling on the field letting us get by. I don't expect us to win more than 5 more games at best.
Mr. X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

the thing is it is interpreted has the ground jarred it loose. it doesnt matter how long u have position, u have to have it when it tocuhes the ground, it took a split second to letting it loose.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
the thing is it is interpreted has the ground jarred it loose. it doesnt matter how long u have position, u have to have it when it tocuhes the ground, it took a split second to letting it loose.
You really wanna believe that? Ya'll got the W, but you really wanna say that was a no catch?
Old 09-12-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
You really wanna believe that? Ya'll got the W, but you really wanna say that was a no catch?
by the rules its not. by what i saw, it was one.

Old 09-12-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oline still looked bad. Johnny still goes the wrong way. Jay still throws into triple coverage. I still love em.

But cmon.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:47 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won the ******* game.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
by the rules its not. by what i saw, it was one.
Sry to troll, but I had to see what you guys were saying about that call. I mean....ugh. There's no way that I can believe that's how the rule is meant to be interpreted. That's gross.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

no problem, its just a matter of standpoint i assume, this one was so much in the grey area, so either way i wouldve been fine, i mean mike Pereira said its the right call so i guess its the rule thats ****** up not the call

Old 09-12-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Fire Lovie. What a moron!
2. Fire the O-line. They suck.
3. In the real world, we lost that game.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote