Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 10-25-2011, 05:18 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're both the problem. Jerry is the problem for getting Cutler killed on a weekly basis by not surrounding him with a better OL. Lovie is also the problem because he has no ******* idea what he's doing offensively. It takes all hell breaking loose from the media/fans for him to go to Martz and say, 'run the ******* ball more you idiot.'

They're both clueless and stubborn. Well okay, Angelo isn't clueless. He's just an arrogant prick who thinks he has the right answer all the time even when he's wrong. Lovie on the other hand is terrible at in game coaching and can't adjust to save his life.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 05:44 PM    (permalink
xspikex
Rookie

xspikex hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks like alot of people around here want's to get rid of both Lovie and Jerry. I'm not sure, it all depends on what coach we bring in instead. I'm sure how ever that we have to get rid of Martz, he doesn't have the personel to run his system and he takes forever to adjust.

So who are your ideal man for the HC position, and why? And do you have any good names for either OC or DC, because if Lovies gone, Martz and Marinelli is gone to.
xspikex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 08:53 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem with getting rid of Martz but not everyone. Did we have a top 5 pick last season or were we 1 game away from the Super Bowl?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:52 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears have released Chris Harris. I think somebody picks him up even though he is old and slow.

http://twitter.com/#!/ChrisHarrisNFL...52333976768512

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, if a playoff contending team loses a starter and wants a vet who can fill in, they may look to Harris.

He just seems to lack burst anymore. It may be worsened by the fact he's recovering from an injury, but he was never the fastest guy to begin with.

Remember the Packers playoff game last year? He was rushed back from an injury for that and several of Green Bay's big passing plays on their touchdown drives came at Harris' expense. Then we pulled him and put Major Wright in. Their offense didn't score another point in that game. (Raji added the pick 6 though.)
Old 10-27-2011, 10:30 AM    (permalink
xspikex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
I have no problem with getting rid of Martz but not everyone. Did we have a top 5 pick last season or were we 1 game away from the Super Bowl?
That's exactly what I mean, if we're gonna bring in a new HC it should be someone really good, not just change for the sake of change.
Old 10-27-2011, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspikex View Post
That's exactly what I mean, if we're gonna bring in a new HC it should be someone really good, not just change for the sake of change.
Good point. I was in favor of bringing in someone bad.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 10:33 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did we win that game? Nope, and the biggest reason why was because Lovie decided to side with Martz on bringing Todd Collins in before Caleb Hanie.

Lovie isn't a terrible coach by any means, but he isn't a very good one either. He's middle of the road (as indicated by his record). Same with Angelo. He's found some gems via draft/free agency (Hester, Forte, Briggs, Cutler, Peppers), but he's also **** the bed (Omiyale, Merriwether, Bazuin, Adams (RIP), Wolfe, Dvoracek, Benson, Manu, C. Williams, etc).

I think it's great that we got to the NFC Championship Game last year. I enjoyed the season, but we failed to win that game and win the Super Bowl. Therefore it's a failed season and I keep going back to that decision to bring in Collins for 3 series when the Packers offense was shut down by our defense. Hanie did throw two picks, but he also threw two touchdowns and was leading us on a drive that could have tied the game and sent it to overtime.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:59 PM    (permalink
xspikex
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Good point. I was in favor of bringing in someone bad.
I think you know what I meant. It's easy to cry about getting rid of Lovie, but who can we get instead?
If there is a real chance for a guy like Bill Cowher I'm all for it. I just don't want us to end up like Jacksonville, firing a Coughlin after a couple of bad seasons, and ending up with Jack Del Rio.

I really wanted Shanahan after the Broncos let him go, he had a great report with Cutler in Denver and had something like 2 losing seasons in 14 years on the job there.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:47 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams fan here. I have a question for Bears fans: How is Stephen Paea doing for ya'll. I really wanted the Rams to pick him but our "brain trust" had other ideas...

Is he playing much and what do you think of his future?

Thanks in advance.
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 05:01 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Rams fan here. I have a question for Bears fans: How is Stephen Paea doing for ya'll. I really wanted the Rams to pick him but our "brain trust" had other ideas...

Thanks in advance.
I haven't really heard his name much. He's only played 2 games but he did get a sack.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
Old 10-28-2011, 05:35 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he's had no real impact. Not playing much though. I think he was probably slated to be the first DT off the bench but Okoye swiped it from him and hasn't been bad.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:51 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Did we win that game? Nope, and the biggest reason why was because Lovie decided to side with Martz on bringing Todd Collins in before Caleb Hanie.

Lovie isn't a terrible coach by any means, but he isn't a very good one either. He's middle of the road (as indicated by his record). Same with Angelo. He's found some gems via draft/free agency (Hester, Forte, Briggs, Cutler, Peppers), but he's also **** the bed (Omiyale, Merriwether, Bazuin, Adams (RIP), Wolfe, Dvoracek, Benson, Manu, C. Williams, etc).

I think it's great that we got to the NFC Championship Game last year. I enjoyed the season, but we failed to win that game and win the Super Bowl. Therefore it's a failed season and I keep going back to that decision to bring in Collins for 3 series when the Packers offense was shut down by our defense. Hanie did throw two picks, but he also threw two touchdowns and was leading us on a drive that could have tied the game and sent it to overtime.
We lost that game because they were a better football team. Even if Hanie was our #2 did you expect us to win?

Old 10-30-2011, 08:54 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post

Thanks in advance.
He didnt play in the first couple games. His technique needed to be worked on and were deep at DT. He has played in a rotation like all our DTs this season but he has played very well. His athleticism really shows up on the field. He will likely be our starting NT by the end of the season.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:16 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
We lost that game because they were a better football team. Even if Hanie was our #2 did you expect us to win?
Who knows, but I would have liked to have seen what he could do in the 3 series that Collins was in there. Hanie at least gave us a chance to win.

The fact that Collins was even given a chance in that game was a telling sign of Lovie's incompetence as a coach. I understand that he's a defensive guy, but how did he not see that Hanie is the better option? Need we forget that Collins also looked horrid against Carolina when Jay was out with a concussion? It's not like Lovie was giving Collins his first opportunity.

I also disagree that Green Bay was the better football team, but that is semantics. They won, therefore they were better that day across the board (including coaching).

Lovie is not a bad coach, but he's certainly not a good one either. He relates well with players, he keeps everything in house and he runs a good defensive system with the right personnel. However, he is not a good game coach, he fails to adjust because he's stubborn and he's a reactive coach instead of proactive. He waits until after Jay gets killed in both the New Orleans and Detroit game to tell Martz to run the ball more instead of addressing it during the game.

Personally, I believe we have the talent to be better than we are. The inconsistency of this team falls on coaching and lack of preparation. How do we go from dominating the Falcons to getting blasted against the Saints in one week? How do we look like garbage in all 3 phases against Detroit and then dominate all 3 phases against the Vikings 6 days later?

Lovie is and will always be an average head coach. It's debatable who is more to blame, he or Angelo, but both need to go (along with their buddy Ted Phillips). The real solution is turning the organization upside down starting from the top, but that won't happen unless Virginia either gives up the team or passes away. The entire organization is a joke.

Quote:
Old 10-30-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hanie did not give us a chance to win.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:21 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Also, Green Bay is way more talented than we are.

Old 10-30-2011, 03:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I mean, honestly sweetness, most of what you're saying makes no sense.

-We are more talented than the Superbowl Champs, and we should fire our GM.

-We are a totally mediocre organization that is a joke.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:49 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I mean, honestly sweetness, most of what you're saying makes no sense.

-We are more talented than the Superbowl Champs, and we should fire our GM.

-We are a totally mediocre organization that is a joke.
When did I ever say we were more talented than the Packers? I said on par with them (if you include all 3 phases). And how did Hanie not give us a shot in that game? He was leading us on a drive that would have tied the game. With Collins in there we never sniff tying up the game.

I guess my point is that it's mind numbingly frustrating to see the inconsistency of this team and I believe that falls on coaching (and the GM who hired the coach). Or maybe it's just that our players aren't as good as they appear to be some weeks (Atlanta and Minnesota).

Angelo has had his fair share of gems and good pickups, but he's also solely responsible for letting the offensive line and receivers go to ****, which in turn has made Cutler regress as a QB.

The lack of consistency is what irritates me though, which I put on coaching/talent development.

Quote:
Old 10-31-2011, 02:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If you honestly feel that Angelo has assembled a team as talented as the Superbowl Champs, I don't see how you can say with any credibility that he should also be fired.

Old 10-31-2011, 02:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have a great game next Monday Night vs the Eagles.
You shut them down last year when they came in red hot.

If Peppers, Urlacher, and Briggs are still healthy, I expect another great battle.

I dislike Philly and their fans are crappy. I respect Bears fans and like the city.
I might be rooting for you guys.

What do you expect? Should be a heavy dose of Matt Forte.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 03:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I like Philly. But I've only seen about 5% of it, and it was probably the nicest 5%.

Old 10-31-2011, 03:12 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

What do you expect? Should be a heavy dose of Matt Forte.
Forte better touch the ball 30 times in this game.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 01:02 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

http://eye-on-football.blogs.cbsspor...75988/33081146

More anger from Forte about not being paid. I know they are probably scared off by Chris Johnson and DeAngelo Williams sucking after getting their deals, but they need to get this done. Maybe they plan on franchising him, but that still costs over $7 million. I'm all for a 4-year deal for between $30-35 million.

Quote:
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Old 11-02-2011, 02:03 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

They can franchise him two years in a row for 16 million dollars. He's asking for more guaranteed money than that.

If he's unhappy, he should talk with the NFLPA for allowing the franchise tag to still exist. It's stupid to offer a runningback more guaranteed money than you can keep him for two years at.