Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-03-2011, 05:29 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have no problem paying Forte top potential money just not top guaranteed money.

Last edited by regoob2 : 11-06-2011 at 08:50 AM.
regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:35 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here are our Free Agents after this season, who do we bring back?

-Matt Forte (obvious franchise)
-Israel Idonije
-Earl Bennett
-Zack Bowman
-Roberto Garza
-Corey Graham
-Caleb Hanie
-Brian Iwuh
-Brandon Merriweather (obviously gone)
-Amobi Okoye
-Craig Steltz
-Roy Williams

Man that's a ton of guys. Good thing almost all of them are backups.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to keep Idonije. And Graham is a great special teams player. There's a chance we retain Hanie...hopefully he knows the system by now.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:02 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to bring Okoye back. I think he fits the system.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:03 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forte needs to be brought back and paid. Like I said earlier I wouldnt give him crazy guaranteed money but im fine with a top 5 RB potential money.

Idonije shouldnt be a starter but he has backup and STs value.

Bennett is a good slot/underneath receiver. I doubt any team will offer him a big contract with his injures and lack of big production but were thin and WR so we cant afford to lose him.

Bowman is a backup who will likely never crack the starting lineup so I see no need to bring him back. We need to bring in CBs with starting potential.

Garza is on his last legs and with how well Spencer is playing at RG Id prefer to keep him there. We need to bring in a new starting C. I could see us bring back Garza on a 1 year deal though depending on FA and the draft.

Graham is a great STer but it depends on how much money he wants. If its a near min contract then I would be fine with bringing him back.

Hanie will likely be our #3 next season but I dont want us spending any more draft picks on QBs so I would be fine with bring him back for min money but if that doesnt happen an UDFA QB will do fine.

Iwuh will likely accept min money.

Merriweather is gone.

Okoye has played well in his situational role and should be resigned.

Steltz should be resigned since were thin at S after releasing Chris Harris and likely losing Merriweather. I dont want to spend a pick on a backup S.

Williams needs to be replaced. We really need to improve our WRs.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:38 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Someone will pay Idonije starter money. We've already been paying him 2-3 million per year.

Someone will give Hanie solid money too. If we're going to bring him back we'll have to pay him like a high-priced backup, not a #3 (we're paying him 1.2 million as a restricted free agent)

Old 11-07-2011, 03:18 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forte will be franchised. I hope he doesn't hold out.

Idonije will not be brought back. I wish he would, but I agree with BF_51 that he'll get a large paycheck from somebody. I think the same can be said for Bennett. If we can get him for dirt cheap, I'm all for resigning him. Otherwise, I think they can find similar value in round 4 or 5 of the draft.

Roberto Garza, Roy Williams, Craig Steltz, Bowman, and Brandon Merriweather can walk. I don't care about any of them.

I'd like to see Hanie brought back. But if not, no big deal. If Cutler goes down, the team will be screwed no matter who the back up is so no need to give Hanie a bunch of money.

We should be able to retain Graham for pretty cheap. Hopefully we can do the same for Okoye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id keep Steltz for ST money. Toub needs familiar people

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:02 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that was far and away the best job done by the offensive line all year. Spaeth has been a real nice pick up for us.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:17 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Bears sign Garza to a 2-year extension. Looks like Chris Spencer was always brought in to be a guard.

Old 11-08-2011, 10:47 AM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For ***** sake.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:59 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I'm indifferent to it. The money is negligible, so that's no issue. He's not the best center in the league, but he's not the worst. I'm not aware of the market for centers/guards next year, but I'm sure it's not great.

And, quite frankly, we need to really start focusing on defense in the next draft. We've spent a ton of picks the last few years trying to fix the offense and it's come at the expense of the defense. Paea needs to step up and be a starter, but we also need to determine if Melton is starter-caliber, and if not, draft someone who is. We need to begin seriously thinking about Urlacher's clock, and we could always use an upgrade over Tim Jennings.

Old 11-08-2011, 01:01 PM    (permalink
JBCX
Veteran

JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JBCX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
I think that was far and away the best job done by the offensive line all year. Spaeth has been a real nice pick up for us.
Of course, they will probably immediately revert back to form against the Lions and allow Cutler to be plastered all over Soldier Field.
JBCX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 01:25 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Of course, they will probably immediately revert back to form against the Lions and allow Cutler to be plastered all over Soldier Field.
A big part of the problem the offensive line had against Detroit in the last game was all the noise. Just the fact that the game is in Chicago this time leads me to believe the offensive line will be exponentially better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 02:33 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
A big part of the problem the offensive line had against Detroit in the last game was all the noise. Just the fact that the game is in Chicago this time leads me to believe the offensive line will be exponentially better.
I actually thought that was going to be a big problem last night, even if was an outdoor stadium. They handled it pretty well, I also think they need to keep moving the pocket against Detroit.
Old 11-08-2011, 04:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did someone in the Bears organization piss in your Cheerios?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:15 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Pretty confident in our ability to make the playoffs barring injury. Atlanta might be as weak up front (offense and defense) as we are.

Old 11-13-2011, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

apparently Carimi has to have knee surgery and might be placed on IR

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 09:39 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Carimi was indeed placed on IR. Bummer.

Old 11-20-2011, 06:30 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

That's a shame. Fortunately Louis is doing a pretty good job at RT. Edwin Williams also had a pretty solid game today. Those mini-rollouts are also working pretty well.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:36 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not good news,
http://twitter.com/#!/vxmcclure23/st...41921818411009

Cutler with a Broken Thumb

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 08:37 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly Roethlisberger played through the same injury, so hopefully he won't miss time.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Supposedly Roethlisberger played through the same injury, so hopefully he won't miss time.
It all depends on if he gets surgery or not. Has anyone heard if it is his Throwing Hand or his off hand?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

It's his throwing hand. Injured on the INT return when he was blocked into the ground.

He stayed in the game though and went on to complete 2 more passes. I'm hoping it's not too serious. Like I said, Roethlisberger played through something similar.

If not....well god help us all.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...iss-6-8-weeks/

Ugh. Ugh. It's such a gut shot as a contending team for this to happen. This is just ****** all the way around.