Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 01-03-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cutler is just THAT sick. I'm still so mad we traded him, and no amount of Tebowmania, even if he learns to somehow complete more than half of his passes on a regular basis, will ever fix that.

Look at that ****.
1) Rolling out with eyes deep downfield
2) toughness. Stepping into the throw knowing you're about to get popped
3) Arm strength. Was that 60 yards? On a rope.
4) Accuracy. 60+ yards right into the breadbasket of a double covered Javon Walker. In stride.

Cutler may not be the best QB in the league, but ****, I could watch him throw all ****** day. **** McDaniels. And it turns out Cassell sucks ass, so double **** you, McDaniels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Jerry Angelo is out
Lovie had better follow.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Lovie had better follow.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ith-will-stay/

Nope.

My prediction right after hearing it was that Lovie would stay and Ruskell would be promoted to GM. A cheap, predictable McCaskey move.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They may bring Lovie back next year, but his tenure will be short as well. As the article you linked states, these arranged marriages rarely last long.

That said, there's no reason to fire Jerry and not Lovie; it's just wasting a year of needed rebuilding.

We should be deciding what coach we'll have, so that we can draft for that defensive scheme.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 01-03-2012 at 11:03 AM.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, but this is what we've got. Promoting Ruskell would probably cause a little less friction between HC and GM than hiring a brand new GM would.

Still, for either guy, it'd be make or break next year. We don't need another JA/Jauron situation.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I have no faith in this organization going forward. The main reason why I've always liked Angelo is that at least he's a football guy. The McCaskey's are inbred aristocrats who operate the Bears as a profit-making venture and know nothing about football. Ted Phillips is a mid-level bureaucrat who was able to suck ass enough to be continually promoted to the top.

Every year I become less interested in what the Bears are doing, and more interested in college football. I fear this team will fall back to the 90s level of awfulness.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I have no faith in this organization going forward. The main reason why I've always liked Angelo is that at least he's a football guy. The McCaskey's are inbred aristocrats who operate the Bears as a profit-making venture and know nothing about football. Ted Phillips is a mid-level bureaucrat who was able to suck ass enough to be continually promoted to the top.

Every year I become less interested in what the Bears are doing, and more interested in college football.
That must be difficult as a Minnesota fan...

Overall though, I don't disagree. Jerry has been on a downward spiral in the last few years, and his ass was saved by Cutler becoming available (franchise QBs in their prime simply should not be traded...ever...thank you McD!) and last year by signing Peppers and getting VERY lucky that we had no serious injuries.

I don't think there was a big difference in this team between the last two years, but anytime your top two offensive players get hurt, there's going to be trouble.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Being a Minnesota fan isn't easy, but at least in college football it's easier to rationalize the short-comings of my team due to limitations in recruiting and money. Every season we already start with 3-4 losses, so it's the other 8-9 games I care about.

The Bears have no excuses other than incompetency and greed.

Old 01-03-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Martz out also (Per Dan Pompei).
I really hope the same thing that happened in 09 with the offense doesn't happen again.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Martz out also (Per Dan Pompei).
I really hope the same thing that happened in 09 with the offense doesn't happen again.
I have a feeling that it may. What worthwhile offensive coordinator candidate is going to want to come into a team in flux, with a head coach on the hot seat? If you dont' succeed immediately, you'll be out within a year.

Exact same circumstances Martz entered under, and exact same circumstance we're in now.

If you've ever called plays at any level of football, please submit your resume to the Chicago Bears.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
How about the sheer stupidity of Lovie Smith? When this game means nothing he is not using this as a try out for some guys who havent gotten any time this year. Enderle should be starting...how often do rookies/young guys like that get an opportunity to play? This is the perfect opportunity. Urlacher just got injured...why is he playing?

Makes me mad that we're trying to win this game so badly when it means nothing. Give some young guys a chance to show you what they have got.
Enderle shouldnt have started. There is no reason to believe he is even going to be on the roster next year. He was martz' project and i cant see how he should warrant a look when we even wanted McCown over him and Hanie was outplaying him in practice.

Reggie McKenzie - director of football operations for the Packers - is a old friend of Lovies and might be a candidate for GM

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Enderle shouldnt have started. There is no reason to believe he is even going to be on the roster next year. He was martz' project and i cant see how he should warrant a look when we even wanted McCown over him and Hanie was outplaying him in practice.

Reggie McKenzie - director of football operations for the Packers - is a old friend of Lovies and might be a candidate for GM
I guess I can't be too upset now, since Jerry was fired. Still, even though it was a late draft pick, at that point it was worth a shot. Now it is yet another wasted pick.

Nice to the second part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i mean it was a really late round pick. You cant really waste them, you can only struck gold with them, thats how i see it

Old 01-03-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was worth the gamble. It was a #3 QB anyway.
Austin Davis or Chandler Harnish might be worth a shot.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:50 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To each his own.

I would have liked them to play him, there was no point in not doing so. If he was drafted only to be discarded after being on the team all year, then they should have drafted someone who they thought would have a shot staying with the team.

In addition, as a fan I wanted a higher draft pick, and he probably would have given us the best chance at that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

well hindsight is 20/20. If they thought it was more important to figure out if McCown is worthy of an extension then to see what enderle can do, you can kinda tell how much they know of enderle. I mean you haven seen enderle a bit. they did. While i do understand the "i want every draft pick to work out", him making the team was already a miracle. If we dont want to see him play it means we dont trust him. Coaches see more of players and there is a lot mroe that can determine you are going to suck than leting you try a game in regular season. What if he could hardly complete a pass against the practice squad or 2nd team? why would you bother?

im perfectly happy at us trying to see if McCown is a worthy backup. Hanie clearly wasnt

Old 01-06-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tice to OC. Was probably inevitable but timing is weird.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Maybe at least he'll strive for more balance and to protect Cutler better. Gotta find the positives, right?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:20 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Maybe at least he'll strive for more balance and to protect Cutler better. Gotta find the positives, right?
He's going to be responsible for the running game and they'll bring in a QB/passing game coach. Other than Chris Williams inability to figure out who to block at the second level, I've really liked our execution in the running game so I like continuity there. Passing game I figure if we get him some better blocking, upgrade receiver and Cutler will do what he do.

My guess is that promises were made to Tice behind the scenes during Martzian reign of terror and Tice gave the org an ultimatum. Who knows though. Just weird timing.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
HeavyLeggedWaistBender
Veteran

HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HeavyLeggedWaistBender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda tired of his name being thrown out there but I'll do it anyway: What if Jeremy Bates is the "passing game" coach?

Any chance of that, I'd be much more enthusiastic about all this.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand the firing of JA. Well, not like this, anyway.

The new GM doesn't get to choose the coach, the QB, or the coordinators...meaning he's forced into both the offensive and defensive systems, even if he doesn't believe in them.

If you're going to hire a puppet GM with no power to correct the mistakes, why not just strip JA of his power and keep him? Why not go down to Brookfield and pick up a monkey to put at that desk?

No GM worthy of being a GM will want the job.

This all smells like setting it up for Ruskell to take over, and that's no change at all.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:26 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

uuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhh. I know this should come as no surprise, but uuuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhhh.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:06 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ith-will-stay/

Nope.

My prediction right after hearing it was that Lovie would stay and Ruskell would be promoted to GM. A cheap, predictable McCaskey move.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uskell-as-g-m/

Not official yet, but sounding likely. Totally called it.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

Quote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...uskell-as-g-m/

Not official yet, but sounding likely. Totally called it.
Well the article is just speculation but no doubt Ruskell is plan B, just like Martz was during our OC search. It would be a PR disaster but what I've read is that Lovie is pushing for Ruskell behind the scenes just like he did Martz.

What I don't understand is how Lovie gets no blame for the Martz fiasco. He brings in his BFF against the protests of Angelo and lets Martz ego go unchecked until midseason two years in a row. Yet afterwards, Lovie walks away with even more power in the organization and is looking at a full out coup if his choice at GM gets hired by default. History tells us that giving Lovie more power is almost always a mistake.

What I've read about the GM search is they're taking it very slowly and that they're narrowing down a list of 15 candidates down to 3-5 by the end of the week. They've had zero interviews so far and only sent out a request for DeCosta which was denied. They're probably looking at a lot of orgs that are still in the playoffs.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:00 PM    (permalink
stl705
Rookie

stl705 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
I don't understand the firing of JA. Well, not like this, anyway.

The new GM doesn't get to choose the coach, the QB, or the coordinators...meaning he's forced into both the offensive and defensive systems, even if he doesn't believe in them.

If you're going to hire a puppet GM with no power to correct the mistakes, why not just strip JA of his power and keep him? Why not go down to Brookfield and pick up a monkey to put at that desk?

No GM worthy of being a GM will want the job.

This all smells like setting it up for Ruskell to take over, and that's no change at all.
I don't buy this theory at all... Sure, if the cabinets were bare, and we had a bad coach, but let's give Lovie some credit. He is clearly a top 10 coach in the league imo. He's had a top 10 defense about every year since he's been here. Was well on his way to another possible NFC championship game before his starting QB and RB got hurt (he doesn't get to choose backups).

Unless Jeff Fisher or Bill Cowher is walking through the door, any other head coach would be a downgrade for this team.

This team has a lot of talent, enough to get back to being a superbowl contender like they were before the injuries. Why should a GM have to have "his guy"??? Does every GM in the league have his "own guy"?

I swear this is the most annoying and overused term in football and has nothing to do with anything (unless a team has NOTHING for talent or coaches). Lovie isn't the person drafting. Lovie is the guy who has led this team to how many wins? How many playoff wins? How many division titles? How many wins against our arch-rival Packers? Get real bandwagon fans, Lovie Smith is not, and never was the problem!

Whoever the new GM is has enough control to be able to pick "his own guy" for OC. We don't need a head coach or DC, our defense is and has been one of the best in the league, even with piss poor drafting by Angelo. I'm sick and tired of these bandwagon Bears fans lambasting Lovie Smith, even though he has one of the best records in football since he came here!

All I hope is that our new GM is competent to draft. Angelo has been riding the Peanut Tillman/Briggs coattails regarding drafts. He drafts about one solid player per year and a half. This is terrible and clearly wasn't getting it done by looking at our secondary, O-line for the most part, and backups. I'm not saying all our backups are going to light the league by fire, but still, you've gotta have a better track record in the draft. The draft is how teams win championships.

The system is not the problem, it was our drafting. Sorry about my rant, but I hate when people say GMs have to have "their guy". Do they not have a wife or partner or something? No S/O so they have to choose another significant other coaching their football teams? Comon, this Bears team is a damn good one, and has been. Let's get a competent GM who can use what we already have.

The best cooks in the world don't need "their ingrediants". They know how to work with what they have!
stl705 is offline   Reply With Quote