Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 03-14-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Now that Mario Williams is pretty much gone, I wonder if you guys go after Dwight Freeney.
If he's not too expensive, I think I'd rather bring in John Abraham than give anything up in trade for Freeney.

Worst case scenario...we hopefully just bring back Idonije and draft someone.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Now that Mario Williams is pretty much gone, I wonder if you guys go after Dwight Freeney.
If he's cut I hope so. I dont think we can fit in a $14 mil cap #.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 08:51 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE is easily our biggest need now, but I'd probably rather see us sign a cheaper vet, and/or use an early pick on one.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 years- 6 mil for Davis.

That's quite a bit for a guy with 28 career catches, but I do like Davis as an all-around athlete.

The Bears are really opening up the books for Emery.

Old 03-15-2012, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

More than a quarter of his catches have been touchdowns. Maybe Tice will be able to figure out a way to use his athleticism. Marshall and Davis will make for some huge red zone mismatches.

Seeing as Emery has been a career draft guy, I'm anxious to see what he has up his sleeves come draft day.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davis did a great job blocking last season. I want to see what he can do when they let him loose. I think these moves are letting Emery be flexible on draft weekend, where he won't have to reach to fill needs. Right now, Mercilus would make the most sense with 19, but trading back doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what's our depth chart at WR now?
1- Brandon Marshall
2- Earl Bennet
3/4- Eric Weems/ Devin Hester
Johnny Knox still is hurt....

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 01:33 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weems should not be seeing the field on offense. He is a special teams guy. I would like to add one more receiver who can be a big play guy. Bennett can work as a 3.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Knox is a big play guy, assuming he can get healthy. Knox or Bennett shouldn't be anyone's #1, but they are fine as a 2/3 combination.

Old 03-16-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knox was very nearly paralyzed. I'm not expecting all that much from him when he first gets back. Anything he can provide will be a bonus, but I don't think we should count on him.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we currently have 6 receivers.
Brandon Marshall
Earl Bennett
Devin Hester
Eric Weems
Dane Sanzenbacher
Johnny Knox

So does this mean that we basically aren't looking at receivers in the draft anymore?

EDIT: Oh yeah, and any chance we go after Wimbley? Or we no longer got the cash?

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3

Last edited by Bearsfan123 : 03-17-2012 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I doubt we go after Wimbley since we resigned Idonije. My guess is that we draft his replacement.

I also don't think Sanzenbacher is long for the NFL. He's a nice story and hard worker, but there's a reason he wasn't drafted, and I don't think he adds much on special teams.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy, but I'm ready to spend our first rounder on Mike Wallace.

-#1 Brandon Marshall
-#2 Mike Wallace
-Earl Bennett in the slot
-Hester/Sanzenbacher/Knox (if not on IR) to round out the roster

I don't really count Weems as a WR.

Can't double cover both Marshall and Wallace, right?
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 03:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Makes sense, but the franchise isn't going to put that much money into the WR position. Baby steps.

Old 03-21-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Call me crazy, but I'm ready to spend our first rounder on Mike Wallace.

-#1 Brandon Marshall
-#2 Mike Wallace
-Earl Bennett in the slot
-Hester/Sanzenbacher/Knox (if not on IR) to round out the roster

I don't really count Weems as a WR.

Can't double cover both Marshall and Wallace, right?
We cant afford him. The great thing about first round picks now is the nothing contract that comes with them.

Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...in-thomas-mean

That is frustrating. Why sign a guy who couldn't play receiver for ANYONE else just to be a ST player when we could draft someone just as good. Now we assuredly WONT be drafting any receiver because the roster is full. I don't like how Emery is just throwing around cash at nothing players. 3 ST players (Weems, that LBer, and now Thomas), really Emery? And he hasn't resigned Okoye yet either. He is beginning to piss me off.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3
Old 03-29-2012, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much of what the Bears want to do is dependent on having lights out special teams. Lets not forgot Sam Hurd is locked up, and Corey Graham and Zach Bowman signed elsewhere. Maybe Emery would rather his draft picks make other meaningful contributions and is filling the special teams holes through free agency?

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 03-29-2012, 01:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Throwing around cash? It's a one-year contract....

It's not even a sure thing he makes the team.

Old 03-29-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think he'll make the team. Weems, Costanzo, and Thomas will soften the blow of losing Knox(probably), Hurd, Graham and Bowman on special teams. I still think a receiver gets taken in the second or third.

sig by VLS
Quote:
I don't care...
Old 03-29-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Knox will likely be on the PUP list and Sanz can be cut.

Old 03-29-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

I'd be fine with the signings if they weren't all at a position of weakness already. We now have 3 receivers we dress for the singular reason of Special teams. Hester, Weems, and Thomas. Hester will get snaps at WR only because of his contract. He's sub par there and everyone knows it. He couldn't find any corners, another position we need warm bodies that are good special teams players?

My complaint isn't simply that he is bringing in ST only players, it's that he is loading a position that is of great offensive importance with the bulk of them. He inherited Hester, I get it. Fan favorite, record holder, deep burner. Not much else to him. Then he signs Weems for three years, who is supposedly just as bad at the WR position. Okay, he was looking for a guy to hold up Knox's position, I don't like it, but okay. But then he throws another ST guy in there in Thomas. He has cluttered the position with guys who should be 4th and 5th on WR depth charts and they are stuck in positions where they will be getting playing time there.

I'm a huge special teams fan, but I think it's ridiculous to load one position up like this leaving it as a liability for what the position is supposed to actually do, aka run routes and catch the ball. Maybe Knox will end up on IR and Hester will get a small lingering injury that will make Weems very important. IDK, I just dont like seeing our already bad WR position getting worse depth instead of better.

EDIT: And I don't see how we can even conceive of drafting a receiver. Marshall, Bennet, Hester, Weems, Thomas. That's if we cut Komar, Sanzenbacher, and place Johnny Knox on IR. That's a lot of receivers.

Well anyway. Im glad this forum is alive again. Bears fans don't post enough. I'd rather argue than have silence.

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3

Last edited by Bearsfan123 : 03-29-2012 at 04:26 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Ditka View Post
I think he'll make the team. Weems, Costanzo, and Thomas will soften the blow of losing Knox(probably), Hurd, Graham and Bowman on special teams. I still think a receiver gets taken in the second or third.
EDIT: Nevermind. Misread your post.

Last edited by Docta : 03-29-2012 at 07:40 PM.
Docta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

That's what he said (read it again)

Old 03-29-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

signing them now doesnt mean we keep them on the roster.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
signing them now doesnt mean we keep them on the roster.
You think we will cut Weems from a 3 year deal? I doubt it. Thomas, maybe, but not Weems. I was surprised, in the FA thread the Devin Thomas move gained a lot of love. Well anyway, now that WR is almost off the table. We really only have a few first round choices. DE, OT, OG, CB. Right now my big board goes something like this,

Michael Floyd-I can still wish can't I?
Whitney Mercilus
Melvin Ingram
Jonathan Martin
C Glenn
Dre Kirkpatrick

Oh yeah, anyone else keep going back and watching Brandon Marshall highlight vids and getting really excited?

In Tyler We Trust

Jimmy Buckets <3