Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 04-23-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if anyone else heard this but it's news to me.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh.
(10 characters)
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aye, i heard about it. i think all it might do is push down the rounds in which wed look for another receiver since we would have booker, hester, bradley and davis as our top 4 WRs. (and that also tells you how far into camp i think lloyd will get....)
Old 04-30-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

just wondering what type of contract do you guys thinks Urlacher is going to get?

his contract now is 9yrs 57mill, so whats he shooting for? 7yrs 70 Million

Last edited by The Legend : 04-30-2008 at 10:21 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 11:04 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
just wondering what type of contract do you guys thinks Urlacher is going to get?

his contract now is 9yrs 57mill, so whats he shooting for? 7yrs 70 Million
i would really like the team to do what it has to in order to make him happy and get him on the field....but im not sure theyll cave...idk. (unless youve heard different recently)

i think an extension onto his current contract that gives him a nice chunk of bonus money when he signs could do it....
Old 04-30-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Cerni88
Rookie

Cerni88 is a cocksman.Cerni88 is a cocksman.Cerni88 is a cocksman.

We are really in something here. It isnt trouble and it is probably a good thing, but what is with the excess of defenesive lineman, WR's and CB's. I really dont know how we are going to fit them all in.

I think after TC in looks something like this

DE:
Anderson
Ogun
Brown
Bazuin

DT:
Harris
Dusty
Harrison
Adams
Idoj

WR:
Booker
Bradley
Hester
Davis
Bennet

CB:
Vasher
Tillman
Mcbride
Graham
Bowman
Old 04-30-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

i honestly think that alex brown starts over mark anderson....i think hes more well rounded and it frees up anderson to come in fresh on passing downs.

and i dont think bennett does that badly at reciever...i think he could see the field a lot even if hes not starting.

and i heard that bowman would be a FS
Old 04-30-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who would be cut?

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
i honestly think that alex brown starts over mark anderson....i think hes more well rounded and it frees up anderson to come in fresh on passing downs.

and i dont think bennett does that badly at reciever...i think he could see the field a lot even if hes not starting.

and i heard that bowman would be a FS
I don't think he'll be put at FS but I think they'll give him a look there and see how he performs. Alex Brown should definetly be starting.

Old 04-30-2008, 01:58 PM    (permalink
AaronGrayisKing

I can't see Adams sticking around.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a trade before the season starts with Anderson....
Old 04-30-2008, 03:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGrayisKing View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a trade before the season starts with Anderson....
i think we hang onto to all of our DEs. the giants showed you need a bunch of good pass rushers to win and we have that right now.

no reason to get rid of any of htem...
Old 04-30-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronGrayisKing View Post

So you think we're gonna cut Anthony Adams and trade Mark Anderson? Why?

Old 04-30-2008, 07:10 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Adams and Anderson will be bears next season.

I can see guys like Manning Jr. and Archuleta getting the axe though.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

You think we could get anything for any of these guys? Benson, Manning jr.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

why cut manning jr? hes a great nickel back imo. and if we have injuries again, id trust him to step in a little more than say mcbride. dont get me wrong, i liked what i saw in him to but i dont see a reason to dump manning....

same with arch. i think it was 51 who posted a while back that he would be making the veteran minimum. he can still be a great special teams player and i think hes a good presence to have around for the younger players at his position. i think a guy like craig steltz could learn a lot from him personally....
Old 04-30-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
why cut manning jr? hes a great nickel back imo. and if we have injuries again, id trust him to step in a little more than say mcbride. dont get me wrong, i liked what i saw in him to but i dont see a reason to dump manning....
Everytime Ricky Manning Jr. starts in place of one of the two starters he gives up a huge touchdown. Happened in the Broncos game last year and the two games he started the year before that. Great nickelback but terrible backup. McBride did back up Vasher this year and played well and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears dump him since McBride is playing for a much smaller contract. Also we have Bowman to develop who has huge upside.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 08:08 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Everytime Ricky Manning Jr. starts in place of one of the two starters he gives up a huge touchdown. Happened in the Broncos game last year and the two games he started the year before that. Great nickelback but terrible backup. McBride did back up Vasher this year and played well and I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bears dump him since McBride is playing for a much smaller contract. Also we have Bowman to develop who has huge upside.
we could easily take 5 CBs (or more) if need be into the season since thats a position where guys can play special teams too. let RMJ be the nickel back and have mcbride be the true backup to our starters.

I personally don't expect to see too much of bowman as a rookie but with a little development in a few years, he could be an impact layer
Old 04-30-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=4652

Rookie jersey numbers.

Draft picks: OT Chris Williams (74)
RB Matt Forte (22)
WR Earl Bennett (85)
DT Marcus Harrison (94)
S Craig Steltz (27)
CB Zackary Bowman (35)
TE Kellen Davis (87)
DE Ervin Baldwin (99)
G Chester Adams (72o)
LB Joey LaRocque (90)
OT Kirk Barton (69)
WR Marcus Monk (19)

Undrafted free agents:
PK Shane Longest (2)
QB Caleb Hanie (12)
WR Curtis Hamilton (14)
QB Nick Hill (17)
CB Leslie Majors (46)
DB Trey Brown (49)
DE Nick Osborn (67)
DE Joe Clermond (72d)
OT Cody Balogh (79o)
DT David Faaeteete (79d)

Old 04-30-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
we could easily take 5 CBs (or more) if need be into the season since thats a position where guys can play special teams too. let RMJ be the nickel back and have mcbride be the true backup to our starters.

I personally don't expect to see too much of bowman as a rookie but with a little development in a few years, he could be an impact layer
We also have Corey Graham who we drafted last year but I have no idea what his deal is.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:27 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Basically everyone of our draft picks outside of Wolfe and Olsen last year got injured and missed significant time. Which is why it's hard to put a grade on the class.

Olsen will make it look good though no doubt, and I think guys like Payne, Okwo, and Graham will be solid NFL players. Bazuin and Wolfe are question marks but given a chance who knows.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:31 PM    (permalink
DaBears9654
Rookie

DaBears9654 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I agree. Trumaine McBride had a decent rookie year, but that's not always indicative of a player's career prospects. Case in point: Matthew (as his mother insists he be called) Hasselbeck. I remember his first year in Seattle (and therefore first as a starter; he was, after all a Packer beforehand), he was like Tim freaking Couch he played so badly. Holmgren stuck with him, though and the next year -- and on -- he has played pretty darn well.

I hope McBride continues to play well and even better than his rookie year, but I know there is only somewhat of a chance of it. I hope a very high chance. W/ Olsen too.

NFC North right ends are shaking in their cleats.

Or @ least they had better be.
DaBears9654 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

The Bears maybe interested in trading for Chris Simms QB.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...o&confirm=true

I think it would be a real good idea. Kid has talent.

Old 05-01-2008, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post

Doesn't mention what the pick might potentially be but if it came to fruition I would hope for a 6th.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post

The original article doesn't say anything about us being interested in Simms. It makes the observation that Tampa has to cut someone, and then declares that Chris Simms would be who the writer would prefer to take the third QB spot. You got to be careful with the rumor mills. They'll latch onto anything and blow it up.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we actually gave up a draft pick for Chris Simms......

I'm ok with picking him up once he gets cut, but giving up a draft pick for a QB with a 70 quarterback ranking and injury concerns would be stupid. I don't buy it.

Then again the Bucs gave us a pick for Brian Griese.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote