Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 05-12-2008, 06:09 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
I remember telling you guys after the Giants-Bears game in December that priority #1 is without a doubt the offensive line. Your aging in the trenches and the guys you have there are mediocre anyway...not a good situation. We can joke about Grossman non-stop but when all is said and done, he can win games. He is not a franchise type, not a Pro-Bowl type, but he can get the job done. That line has not helped his cause and there have been some other factors that have not gone his way.

Honestly, can anyone really get upset about passing on guys like Henne or Brohm? Neither of those two have shown me they will be anything better than what you've got other than the unknown factor. I'm not saying Grossman is the future but by no means should Angelo have gone after one hard and overpayed.
right, i don't mind passing on brohm or henne. like i had said earlier, we might have gotten 4 or 5 starters with our first 4 or 5 picks in that draft. this year might be pushing it (though most may be) but down the line, i expect for all of first 4 picks to be starting on this team. Had we taken a QB with any one of those, I couldn't say that. Grossman or KO will be our starter next year and they both proven that they can win with the talent around them. A healthy D and a better o-line will do wonders if one of them can just protect the football
Old 05-12-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They did get good value with their picks. Hopefully, Williams turns into a franchise LT. They thought running back was a bigger problem than quarterback, so Forte can come in and play right away. The coaches said Forte was the most impressive player they had at the rookie mini-camp.
Harrison's a gamble, but if he can stay healthy and out of trouble, he can be a quality DT. Steltz is a very smart player, even though he isn't as fast, but is a playmaker. Bowman would've been the first defensive back taken in the draft if it wasn't for injuries, so it's a calculated risk. He could be a great free safety if he stays healthy. Monk and Barton were good value in the 7th round, but they aren't expected to do much.
Other than Ryan, the quarterbacks would not have solved much. Flacco was picked way too early for a relative unknown.
The thing that bothered me the most about Brohm is obviously the injuries, especially the torn ligaments in his throwing thumb in 2006. That's the kind of injury that lingers. He used to make deep throws until that injury happened, then he didn't make those throws anymore.
Henne looked good at the workouts when it was not a game situation, but like Grossman, had problems when under pressure.
Even though I liked Woodson, he wouldn't have solved anything this year or possibly next year. So it could work, but we'll have to wait.
Edit: Bennett looks like the safe pick, even though he is nothing spectacular physically. Monk can make an impact for moving the chains.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 05-12-2008 at 06:23 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:37 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find it funny, that if we would have drafted Caleb Hanie with one of our 5-7th round picks rather than sign him as a UDFA, the experts would have liked our draft much more.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:39 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
I find it funny, that if we would have drafted Caleb Hanie with one of our 5-7th round picks rather than sign him as a UDFA, the experts would have liked our draft much more.
i know right? i was thinking that myself earlier today... how messed up is that?
Old 05-12-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just didnt like the TE pick. At that spot especially, I liked Josh Johnson or Andre Woodson. Beyond that I got over not getting Brohm (who i really liked). Forte has a good attitude and thats what I like. Character.

We had a very good, but unspectacular draft. I would have preferred to see a little aggression by the front office but ill wait til next year for that.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 09:45 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...-ink-a-rookie/

woot. lets hope we just keep signing em up. the quicker they get under contract, the quicker they can start practicing and all that...
Old 05-30-2008, 01:47 PM    (permalink
AaronGrayisKing

I really like the tools of Kellen Davis and the value we get for a 5th round pick.

Nice Job, JA!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/New...?story_id=4746

Kellen Davis and all the 7th rd guys as well.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...p-into-august/

well, we're not going to know whether its rexy or KO for a while now.

im hoping for KO honestly. hes safer imo....and we just need someone whos going to not turn it over right away because with our team, even a 3 and out on offense can be considered a bit of a success just because it gives the D more of a break than theyd get with rexy throwing a pick right away.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

I found a site with the ratings for all the teams, heres the bears

Defense
http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/...ngs/bearsd.jpg

Offense
http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/...ngs/bearso.jpg
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:34 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grossman should be at least 101 in THP and 3 in THA

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:58 AM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im surprised that Grossman is that low, same w/ Orton. I would have expected around an 82 for Grossman and maybe a 79 for Orton. Hell Seneca Wallace had an 81 rating in 08. Runningbacks, Im surprised that Forte is that high for a 2nd rounder, and Williams is that low for a 1st. On defense, Hunter gets no love. Briggs should be 97.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Im surprised that Grossman is that low, same w/ Orton. I would have expected around an 82 for Grossman and maybe a 79 for Orton. Hell Seneca Wallace had an 81 rating in 08. Runningbacks, Im surprised that Forte is that high for a 2nd rounder, and Williams is that low for a 1st. On defense, Hunter gets no love. Briggs should be 97.
i didnt even look..... if/when i get the next madden, i usually take a day or two before i start up franchise mode and recreate the roster wtih a little more realism to it....

im very, very weird with my madden playing ways, lol
Old 06-02-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Race for the Heisman
Veteran

Race for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairRace for the Heisman is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
During the Bears’ first batch of OTAs, the consensus among observers was that beleaguered starting RB Cedric Benson did indeed look quicker after having dropped 10 pounds, the result of a healthier diet.
As per Pro Football Weekly;

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...pers053108.htm

It's encouraging at least. I know I'm probably in the minority but I'm still pulling for Benson to breakout and win the job.
Race for the Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
As per Pro Football Weekly;

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...pers053108.htm

It's encouraging at least. I know I'm probably in the minority but I'm still pulling for Benson to breakout and win the job.
yeah, minority alright, lol.

i would just like to see some running back break out.....and im not sure benson's problem last year was so much his quickness as the fact that as soon as he hit the line of scrimmage, he would go down....
Old 06-02-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...nother-rookie/

and steltz is officially a bear.

keep up that pace JA
Old 06-05-2008, 11:09 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
Agreed. Overall stats are nothing though. What i'm really irked about is that Brown is only one point higher than Anderson.

Madden just irks me since they took out the accelerated clock function.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Agreed. Overall stats are nothing though. What i'm really irked about is that Brown is only one point higher than Anderson.

Madden just irks me since they took out the accelerated clock function.
stuff like that really doesnt bother me because I don't think ive actualy played the games in quite a few madden generations.....

i sort of play GM of the whole thing and sim everything. I know it sounds boring as hell as that is most peoples least favorite part but i enjoy the hell out ofit
Old 06-05-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i enjoy the Draft and offseason decisions the most...id like the HC thing....

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 06:36 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...im-gradkowski/

looks like we tried to claim Bruce Gradkowski off of waivers but St. Louis beat us to him.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:28 AM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Louis had to do something. No one knows how long Bulger will last behind that line with his broken ribs.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:31 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
St. Louis had to do something. No one knows how long Bulger will last behind that line with his broken ribs.
yeah, he could quite possibly be their QB of the future there. He'll have to beat out Brock Berlin for the 3rd string job this year (shouldn't be hard) behind Bulger and Trent Green. Then if Green retires or something after this year, he can be an experienced backup to Bulger with a year in the system. Works well for them I think.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson is a sorry sack of poop. I hope that we never select a runningback in the top 10 ever again.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 03:36 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

Totally agree. With the way the two-back system is being used, I don't think it's necessary to pick feature backs early. Plus, runningback is the one position that has the most turnover. You can still find good runningbacks in the mid-rounds of the draft. Top-10 runningbacks should be out of date soon.
Old 06-09-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he's done in Chi-town, it sounds like. I can't fault the Bears for drafting Benson, I really thought it would be a perfect fit.

The Bears can move on with Forte, Peterson, and Wolfe. That trio can do good things, hoping we see Wolfe more on third downs.