Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 11-30-2007, 01:11 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don't understand the point of taking a FB that early when we obviously need help at runningback.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:33 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, here's a question. What happens if the top 3 QB's are off AND 4 OT's are off (Otah, Clady, Long, Williams)? I just did the reverse order of what was on NFL.com and thus we were 17th. What then? I'm at a loss. I think Cherilus has played himself out of the mid-first. Same goes with Baker. I don't think Loadholt/Oher can work themselves that high, but I'd take one of them there instead of Gosder or Sam.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:24 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i think it would then depend if Kenny Phillips is still on the board... which i doubt he'd be. at that point, you have to look at trading back in the mid 20 range i guess... I just don't think i see all four of those guys going that early, especially in a tackle heavy draft.

a few other guys i would consider would be one of the runningbacks... (although not the biggest need i know, they still have to be considered) Stewart, Mendenhall, etc... another guy i'd look at would be Reggie Smith at safety, although he'd be better suited as a FS.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Chris Williams, but I have a very hard time seeing him, let alone 4 tackles going in the top 15. IMO, Williams is in the last first/early second range, Otah is in that top 20 range, Clady is in the top 10-15 range and Long is top 5. Baker and Cherilus are both in the late first early second range as well, IMO.

Plus, I think we will see at least on of the big 3 QB's fall into the 20's. I can see both the Vikings and Ravens both passing on QB's with their picks.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

John St. Clair is amazing... maybe a bit early, but he really is playing great, he just owned Strahan on that drive.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
John St. Clair is amazing... maybe a bit early, but he really is playing great, he just owned Strahan on that drive.
Yeah he did... plus the fact that he can actually catch.

i'm just utterly amazed that we scored so fast, it was very odd, no huddle. fast paced, watched peterson run.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex is playing surprisingly well today. I think if he keeps it up we could give him a 1yr ext, and move Qb back to 2nd or 3rd round in the draft.

Adrian Peterson is looking pretty decent too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

if we can get consistent OL play, we don't have any need for another RB, that's what it comes down to.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson is exactly what I expected him to be, a good 3rd down runningback. He can't run the ball effectively and consistantly, and he's showing that here. It's completely changed the offense, which isn't necessarily a bad thing but it makes sense why they want a runner like Benson, albeit maybe not Benson.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rex is still scared to take a hit... anyone else see him flinch like a ***** on the first offensive play of the game. Where I come from, thats two hits for flinching... but he made up for it with that nice touch pass.

Also, he keeps dropping back in the pocket and taking sacks that shouldn't be sacks. He needs to freaking step up.

He is playing well, but he still hasn't shown me anything where he is the answer at QB. Maybe a 1 year extension cause there is nothing else.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:42 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can not believe that we lost that game. How did the offense go from playing good to right where it was at the beginning of the season.

Also, I wanted to see some Peterson/Wolfe instead of just AP all day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

I think we will just focus on the draft in the offseason. Bring back Grossman (1 year deal), sign Mike Brown to an incentive laden deal, resign Berrian, Briggs, and extend Harris, and then focus on getting more mid round draft picks. I see us picking in the 15-19 range, so I could see us using our 1st and trading down for a late first, late second, and perhaps another mid round pick. Alex Brown will likely be traded for a 3rd as well.

Some names we might not see back next year... Turner (he needs to be fired), Alex Brown, Fred Miller, Ruben Brown, Adam Archuletta, maybe Moose, perhaps one of Garza or Metcalf, Griese, and perhaps a few others.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearfan View Post
I can not believe that we lost that game. How did the offense go from playing good to right where it was at the beginning of the season.

Also, I wanted to see some Peterson/Wolfe instead of just AP all day.
Haven't you already figured this out? If something works, Ron Turner will just discard it and go back to the stuff that doesn't work.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why aren't we using Greg Olsen more all I see this guy do is block and thats what he sucks at.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
Why aren't we using Greg Olsen more all I see this guy do is block and thats what he sucks at.
once again, Ron Turner hates Chicago. He's pissed that Zook is probably taking Illinois to the Rose Bowl (or at the very least Capitol One Bowl, which is a pretty good one) and all he could do there is suck. So he is taking out his anger on us by calling some of the stupidest **** I have ever seen.

Old 12-02-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need to go Tackle, safety in the draft. If kenny Phillips is there in the first I think he would greatly improve our D. I think we could still get a solid Tackle in round 2 even if we need to trade up (3rd rounder or Alex Brown) to do it. Those positions aren't wants for me anymore there needs.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

our defense was like night and day with Archuletta out. I think we all thought safety was a much bigger need then it actually was because of how ****** Archuletta actually is. I think someone like Jamar Adams in the 3rd is the best option for us, while cutting Archuletta and bringing back Brown on an incentive laden deal.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

also, if both Duke and Loadholt declare for the draft and we pick in the 15-17 range like I think we will, I would love to see a trade down into the 25-30 range, get Duke Robinson, and then with our second round pick, I could see Loadholt falling into the mid 2nd range, and get Loadholt, we would have a monster left side of the offensive line for years to come.

Old 12-02-2007, 07:06 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

If we hadn't of lost this game, we would have lost eventually. Our offensive line still can't pick up a blitz or even block for that matter. Where the **** was Garrett Wolfe? We don't need 186 lb guys tackling people on special teams. Something is up there.

Our defense still can't stop the run. It's going to be ugly when we go up to Minny in a few weeks. Also, Is it me or do we have 3 defensive plays? Everyone knows Eli is shaken and rattled and what do we do? We rush 4 and let him sit back there and look for an open receiver. With a guy like that, you need to blitz the crap out of him and put him on his ass. Look what happened when Anthony Adams and Alex Brown got in his face.

LT, RB, SS, OG, DT,and WR are the positions that need to be upgraded. Everyone else just needs to get healthy and resigned.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this game again shows that QB is the least of our concerns on offense right now. Is Rex going to be our future QB? Probably not, but he's pulling his weight right now. The OL, WR's, and RB's are not. Neither is the defense.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i love how everyone is quick to jump on APs back but when Benson was in there it was "The line sucks, its their fault he doesnt run well! And he doesnt have any running room!" Ap did crap that Benson cant do, like catch the ball and pick up the blitz.

I agree with your list tho Kong (for the most part)- OL, S, and WR. Runningback CANT be upgraded. Benson is on the books for at least another year, AP wont be cut because he is a valuable backup as well as STer, and Garret Wolfe was our third rd pick. Plus we dont have alot of cap space. I think if we solidify our O-line and we get backs that can pickup the blitz we will be a good team again. Id actually like to pattern ourselves after Jacksonville offensively.

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

It's obvious to me your offensive line needs to be re-tooled before anything. I still think Grossman could be your long term answer, but drafting a round 2-5QB should also be in the master plan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
It's obvious to me your offensive line needs to be re-tooled before anything. I still think Grossman could be your long term answer, but drafting a round 2-5QB should also be in the master plan.
I think you hit the nail on the head. It spoke volumes in the Giants game when Olin Kruetz all but ripped Terrance Metcalf a new-ahole for his mishaps. The O-Line clearly needs an upgrade however many people making excuses for Cedric Bensons inability to run like he wants to keep his job need to quit. It's evident the guy will only run like he has fire under his ass when his job is in jeopardy or he's playing second fiddle to someone else. I for one am tired of this lackluster play and I personally would like to see someone on this team that can run the ball with heart regardless of who sits behind him.
Old 12-03-2007, 08:05 AM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123 View Post
i love how everyone is quick to jump on APs back but when Benson was in there it was "The line sucks, its their fault he doesnt run well! And he doesnt have any running room!" Ap did crap that Benson cant do, like catch the ball and pick up the blitz.

I agree with your list tho Kong (for the most part)- OL, S, and WR. Runningback CANT be upgraded. Benson is on the books for at least another year, AP wont be cut because he is a valuable backup as well as STer, and Garret Wolfe was our third rd pick. Plus we dont have alot of cap space. I think if we solidify our O-line and we get backs that can pickup the blitz we will be a good team again. Id actually like to pattern ourselves after Jacksonville offensively.
There was an article last week that actually stated Benson does not count a lot against our cap. Especially now since he's injured and is going to be missing out on a quite a few bonuses. I'm not saying we should cut him or cut AP for that matter. I think we made a huge mistake in Wolfe though. If anyone is going to get cut, it should be him. We need another talented back that can share the load with Benson. Then AP can be our 3rd RB and ST guy again.

Our coaches suck to. I thought Babich was extremely bad yesterday.

Last edited by k0ng : 12-03-2007 at 08:14 AM.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:58 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Upgrading the OL is the priority, but it can be quickly done. It's really only two pieces, provided we get the right ones of course. A LT to slide Tait to RT, and add a guard. I think some combo of Metcalf/Garza (or one or the other) is fine at the other guard spot).

One of the least commented on things (since we have so many needs) is how we are getting gashed in the run game. Granted, schematically, we open ourselves up to that potential, but we were gashed yesterday, and to be honest, the Giants OL isn't exactly at the top of the list. I'm not real sure how to address this.

I'd look RB sometime in the 3rd-5th mix. If Wolfe has to be cut, so be it. Good organizations cut picks that don't work out, even if they were relatively high.

I still think the best scenario is something like

1. OL
2. QB
3. WR
3. S
4. OL
4 (from an Alex Brown deal). RB
5. LB or DL

Quick rough mock

1. LT Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
2. QB Joe Flacco, Delaware
3. S Josh Barrett, Arizona State