Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Kenny Phillips
Old 12-29-2007, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hasn't Calais Campbell had a bad senior season?

Even though he has loads of talent, he's not a safe pick.I'd rather see the eagles taking a DE in the 3rd round, so it could start up a rotation with Abiamiri, Juqua Thomas and this new guy. 2nd round I'd live either OT or DB, then in the 1st IMO we need a playmaker so someone like DeSean Jackson or even trade for a WR like CJ or Roy Williams. But if in the 1st round Kenny Philips is there, I'd love to take him also. Even Nic Harris if he comes out maybe we could trade down 5-10 picks and grab him.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is no way the Eagles take an offensive playmaker in the first round. I think they're looking at the lines or maybe CB/safety. I think they like their current WR's, and I'm pretty sure they're comfortable with Schobel and Celek at TE next season. I guess they could take a guy like Carlson, but that is unlikely.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree that Campbell is a very risky potential pick, but the Eagles are pretty good at finding gems in the draft at DE. Cole and Thomas with later round or UDFA finds. Abriamiri looks like a solid run stuffer.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 12-30-2007, 01:33 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Again, I see OLine as the weakest position, with safety and CB depth also a need. The Eagles have generally played it safer with their first rounders under Reid/Banner/Heckert. That has led to minimal first round busts. Only Mitchell and McDougle busted since 1999, with McNabb, Simon, Sheppard, Andrews, Patterson, and Bunkley at least solid for a period of time.

Old 12-30-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so you think that the eagles would consider trading for Deangelo Hall? I heard some guy call in 610 WIP and ask that and they said no, but I think him and Lito would be worth all the off feild stuff.

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't think that the Eagles would pay the price for him. I think the Falcons would want more than just the Eagles first rounder. I also doubt that he's even available...

Old 12-31-2007, 08:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Plus what would we do with Sheldon Brown? He has had a solid season and had a great one last year. I don't know if you are suggesting moving him to safety, but I would disagree with that move. Plus, I am not a big fan of DeAnglo Hall, he is overrated becuase of his speed if you ask me.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have heard of moving him to safety later in his career, I dunno, i just thought for the right price he would be a good addition

heres my short wishlist, NOTE: some of the guys below may not even be available.

-Jared Allen-UFA who was mentioned as a possible pick-up in the Inquirer http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...ttle_late.html

-Lee Evans- guy who can stretch the feild and who would fit in well (hasn't been mentioned at all but i like this guy)

-Chad Johnson-everyone has heard the talk of this one but this is all talk and hes probably not going anywhere

If the Eagles could get Allen and a #1 WR, it would be a great offseason, kind off like '04

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 08:51 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't foresee Allen going anywhere. I think the Chiefs really like the Hali-Allen combo. I also believe that the team would have to overpay for a guy with a spotty off-field history. He is talented to be sure, but I just don't see it.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think the Bills like Evans as their #1 WR. If you look at him, he's probably their only offensive weapon in the passing game right now. Teams that think of themselves "on the rise" don't believe in giving up former first round picks with explosive play potential. I doubt he goes anywhere.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Chad Johnson is an interesting idea, but he's too costly and too expensive right now. I'm not certain that the Bengals will move him. He's a bit of a distraction, but he's never gotten into trouble off the field. I think they need that on their team.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well how much money are the eagles looking to have after this year? Maybe a release of Kearse (I know we'd get an extra 4.4 mil if he was released) and Howard would give us abit more money to take on Chad's contract.

Here is other philly fans talking about this move.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:14 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I heard Bernard Berrian mentioned on Comcast last night, would that be a worthwhile FA aquisition? I don't really see it. The only way I see the Eagles getting a WR is if they can get a top-notch one cheap, and lets face it, how often does that happen? I also heard something about Dallas Clark. If Indy would let him reach FA, which will most likely not happen, he would be the one FA I would want the Eagles to pursue the hardest. He would be costly, but he has the perfect tools to excell in our system, and he would help the West-Coast system that Reid uses immensely. If he were to come to Philly, I would expect a highly explosive offense for the next few years. What are some other FAs that could be good fits in Philly? I have been occupied with other things for a long time, so I will have some refreshing to do.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

I can't stand Dallas Clark. He leads the league in drops and Brent Celek will be better than him in a couple years.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:29 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

There is no need to spend a ton of money bringing Dallas Clark in. He's a good target, but his blocking is spotty. I think he will get overpaid to stay in Indy or overpaid to play somewhere else. I think the Eagles need to bolster their defensive front more than they need TE help.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:30 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Berrian is an interesting possibility. He has significant deep speed, but he also runs quality routes. I don't personally believe in paying #2 WR's #1 WR money, but he might be worth a look at a Curtis-like contract. The problem becomes that his presence would push Reggie Brown and/or Curtis back to the #3 role, and it would marginalize guys like Baskett and Avant, who are pretty solid. Truth be told, I kind of like the WR's the Eagles have right now.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If you guys recall, I have been saying that McNabb should be back next season pretty much all of 2007. Are you guys still on board with this kind of plan?

Old 12-31-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously though if we don't draft a good safety then there are going to be problems. Unless the Eagles are looking to do something crazy like move Sheldon to Safety and draft a corner in round 1 or 2. But then we would have 2 safeties that are similar to each other, in Brown and Considine. Both could play the pass well, but no sure on the run, or blitzing.

I am still on the Kenney Phillips boat, I don't know if that is going to happen, now that we are 8-8, but we will see.

DE-we cut Jevon, and give Howard one more chance, we still draft a DE.

Draft in order of importance

S, secondary depth, KR/PR/WR-playmaker, O-line, DE,
Old 12-31-2007, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I think OLine and DE are #2 and #3 on the list. If you need bodies to play a full season, it takes priority over depth in the secondary. I think KR is a priority, but they could address that in FA.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty content with the WRs we have now, but I definitely wouldn't be opposed to bringing in a top FA.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't want to bring in FA's or big time veterans at the cost of cap flexibility and high draft picks. If they can do it reasonably, fine by me.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

why not bring in a FA, and stop being stingy with the cap get some talent at the WR level. Eagles always have a huge amount of extra cap left, and then to add to that the cap goes up every year.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

The cap is going up, but the team also has to lock some guys up. Westbrook only has 2 years left on his deal. Runyan and Thomas are getting up there, but still command a lot of coin. You could make the argument to give an extension to Omar Gaither. There are players who we know and love who have to be locked up. I'd rather do before I go shopping.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Well we are expected to be picking from the 16-19 range.So how about Sam Baker, "Tra" Thomas and Runyan are getting up in age like you said, so how about drafting a LT in the 1st round. I tried to pay close attention to Winston Justice last game at RT and other than penalties he didn't play to bad, with another year of coaching he could be pretty solid, and the penalties will ease out with experience. I'm looking at Scott's list for LTs now and the guys we'll have a chance on would be Jeff Otah, Goster Cherilus, Sam Baker and Chris Williams. Otah could play both tackle spots, and has alot of upside, I don't like Cherilus, and Baker seems like he has a high floor.