Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget that there could be junior LT's entering the draft that could complicate the picture. Also, junior position players could really mess with the draft and complicate matters. I am highly confident that the Eagles could stay where they are in rounds 1 and 2 and get 2 impact players.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Oher seems like an intriguing prospect at LT. After reading about him some sites even think he could start as a rookie which he won't need to do. So he'd definatly be ready in his 2nd year when we don't have Tra.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to say it but I also think it may be time for a new kicker. I have very little confidence in David Akers anymore. It is very important to be able to kick it deep on kickoffs and make field goals past 40 yards and he just isn't making the cut anymore.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Akers has totally flew under the radar of someone to consider replacing, i am not sure what other kickers are out there on the FA market but that is something they should be thinking about.

According to profootballtalk we are picking 19 in the draft, a little later than wat i would have hoped.....

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finding a good kicker is a hard thing. Maybe we could take a flyer on a kicking in round 6 or 7.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Howard better be gone. He's been even more useless than Kearse. By the way, isn't Larry Fitzgerald a UFA?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:56 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i don;t think so if Larry was a FA then it would be big news all over and signing Carlos dansby for the Cards, would not be their number 1 goal
Old 01-02-2008, 08:12 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

How about Javon Walker
Old 01-02-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I definitely think Akers is gone. Akers, LJ, Kearse, Howard, maybe Spikes. Runyan could go due to cost. Greg Lewis as well, but who knows there? I don't expect a ton of turnover.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-02-2008, 08:26 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

i havn't found anything saying that this is Runyan's contract year, or its up.

Spikes i think stays for 1 more year, and then he is out, with Bradely taking over
Old 01-02-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Spikes could be gone this offseason if they really like Bradley and Akeem Jordan (I think that's his name). I love Spikes in this defense for sure, but if the young and cheap guys fit as well or better, why not?

I'm not certain that Bradley will start for the Eagles ever. He's a standard SAM type, and his weakness is coverage. I think part of the Eagles' success this year stemmed out of the greater range and skills of Gaither + Spikes' ability to cover out of the backfield.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:28 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I never said it was Runyan's contract year. I said he would maybe be gone due to cost.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I think Kimo and Reagor are both gone as well leaving the eagles looking for depth at DT for another season

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kimo von Oelhoefen is gone if you ask me (Reagor may be gone too, not sure). LaJuan Ramsey hasn't done much either, he may not make it to next year. Kearse and/or Howard may be gone as well. If we are looking for a better WR corp, Lewis may be gone, and maybe another of the lower CBs on the depth chart, but otherwise, I think everyone else will stay.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:51 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i would'nt say that akers is definitely gone. the only one who i think is definitely gone is kearse

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Akers stays, he had an off year two years ago, but he was injured. I think he will stick around for at least next year yet.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:10 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Akers stays 1 year, but we still draft a kicker just to put pressure on Akers and to see if the new kicker can take over eventually
Old 01-03-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Akers will be with the Eagles in training camp, but I guarantee there will be competition. He might not make the final team. He is aging, and he has a large cap #. Could be a decline + money issue.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone have any interest in Michael Oher? I know I mentioned him before but I'm reading The Blind Side by Michael Lewis and Oher is the main topic of the book. He had a rough childhood but seems to have excellent character now, and is a beast at LT.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:24 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If you look at pure ability, he could be a top 10 pick. I'm unsure about his intangibles and actual football IQ, though. He has the kind of body the Eagles look for. Could be considered, but we don't know if he'll come out for the draft, right?

Old 01-03-2008, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

I forget where but I thought I heard that he will be declaring. He has made great strides in his general intelligence I know that, football IQ I'm not to sure about that. I think if he comes out he will be a definite possibility for the Eagles.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

There are other draft sites that predict underclassmen. Some of them have the guy as a top 20 pick if he comes out. I don't have any real solid info, though. When he declares, we can discuss as an option.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

we need another run blocker like Andrews how about Williams from Vandy or Oath from Pitt
Old 01-03-2008, 01:27 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

How about Max Jean-Gilles, who played excellently in limited time? The guy is a baller.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

o yeha Max, also though we need to get a good 2 headed running back, hopefully Hunt gets some more time and doesn't end up like Moats