Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hunt and Moats have different games. Hunt has the pedigree to do more, though. I like our RB's as they are. Would rather get depth on the OLine, DLine, and secondary.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
How about Max Jean-Gilles, who played excellently in limited time? The guy is a baller.
Haha, I remember you hated him when I brought up the option of drafting him in the 2nd round a couple years ago. I like him also but if he starts at LG, then Herremans has to move to RT which means Justice has to play LT. If the Eagles could make that work I'd be great so we wouldn't have to use an early pick on an o-linemen.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I recall correctly, I didn't think he was worth a second rounder. I had questions about his willingness to work and keep in shape and his actual game speed. He has worked hard and lost some weight, and now he's ready. I was fine with the gamble in the 4th, for the record.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-03-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
There is no way the Eagles take an offensive playmaker in the first round. I think they're looking at the lines or maybe CB/safety. I think they like their current WR's, and I'm pretty sure they're comfortable with Schobel and Celek at TE next season. I guess they could take a guy like Carlson, but that is unlikely.
If you look at the NFC east there is a common weakness and that weakness is pass defence none of them really have great DB that are good at pass Defense and if they do there isn't any depth so the Eagles should take advantage of the weakness and draft a big time Offensive playmaker like DeSean Jackson.
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't see it happening. Our defense had the fewest turnovers in the league. That is a question of playmakers in the secondary. Our OLine gave up 50 sacks in 16 games. That is abysmal. The team can get better pass rush and more big plays on D, and they have to protect the QB better. I see those as the priorities.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

pass D comes with a great D line and pressure on the qb.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It also comes from great players on the field. You need to have talent and the pass rush.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
I don't see it happening. Our defense had the fewest turnovers in the league. That is a question of playmakers in the secondary. Our OLine gave up 50 sacks in 16 games. That is abysmal. The team can get better pass rush and more big plays on D, and they have to protect the QB better. I see those as the priorities.
The O-line was somewhat plagued by injury throughout the season and a big amount of thise sacks came from the Giants game when we were really injured. I think the o-line's year could be chalked up as just a bad year they have alot more talent than the stats would suggest. Plus with the addition of some one like DeSean jackson the defenses would have to back off and play the pass more rather than blitz. Also McNabb is not as fast as he used to be but he can still create time if needed and with the speed of Jackson and Westbrook he wouldn't need as much time.
The defense was above average they helped us stay in games and they were good enough to almost beat the Patriots and good enough to beat the Cowboys. They could definitely make it 1 more year.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:59 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as offensive playmaker your talking about the D play pass and backing off the blitz, I would rather than draft a more complete WR with speed or just get better WR in the FA rather than Jackson. Jackson as a return man would be worth a third and he is a WR so a second. But no D would play him honestly because he is not that great of a WR. Another playmaker is need on the O other than West. I see it as a more complete WR that McNabb could throw to, a big target a possession guy. Mainly to compliment the speed of Curtis.

Bowman or Nelson not sold on Sweed maybe Rivers from Hawaii, Keenana Burton
Old 01-03-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Cant Herremans slide out to left tackle like his rookie year and have max play left guard?
so the line could be:
LT= Herremans LG= Max C= Jackson RG= Andrews RT= Runyan or Justice

this is assuming that William Thomas leaves.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 11:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
It also comes from great players on the field. You need to have talent and the pass rush.
Dawkins, Sheppard, Brown how much more talent do we need really the eagles had a rough, injury riddled year, and if they would have been completely healthy with McNabb back to his normal self like in the final three games we would have fought for the NFC east title. However DE is a need as is the need for a dynamic playmaker to 1. take pressure off of Westbrook 2. Give McNabb a fast explosive target 3. wreak havoc on the weak pass defenses of the NFC east
Old 01-04-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I don't see it happening round 1. I would see a DE in Round 1, but I wouldn't count out a TE or maybe a WR in round 2. There is a ton of talent in this draft, especially if all these juniors come out. Lots to be had.

Old 01-04-2008, 03:29 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

jonbrodo17 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i definitely think that a big time DE would be huge to our defense, to compliment Cole and to help our DB's create more turnovers. Does anybody know the top DE FA's? (besides Jared Allen)

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
jonbrodo17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

I heard a rumor on PFT that the eagles will hire Brian Billick as an offensive consultant.

http://beta.profootballtalk.com/2008...-one-liners-4/

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

I saw that, I don't know a lot about Billick and his offensive mindset but It would definitely create tension with Morningweg, so I don't know if this is the best move unless they fire Morningweg

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 01-04-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And its not like there is any proof that he is gonna even visit with the team, it just basically says don't be surprised if he gets a job here because he and Andy are friends.... that's not enough proof to make me think anything's gonna happen.
Old 01-07-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
If you look at the NFC east there is a common weakness and that weakness is pass defence none of them really have great DB that are good at pass Defense and if they do there isn't any depth so the Eagles should take advantage of the weakness and draft a big time Offensive playmaker like DeSean Jackson.
I dont think u watch enough NFC East football to say that. Dallas has Newman and Hamlin who are going to the probowl. Washington has Landry and Springs, Rogers, Smoot, and Macklin. All which have been starters either with Redskins or their previous teams. Also Leigh Torrence has emerged as great depth.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Newman is very good, and Hamlin is decent (not an amazing talent, but a good player and fringe pro bowler). Landry is a future star. Springs is over the hill, Rogers is coming off an ACL surgery, Smoot is okay, and Macklin is good as a nickel or dime CB. I'm also going to say that I think Aaron Ross is an excellent talent.

There is some good talent in the NFC East, but there are holes that can be exploited. Playmakers on the offensive side of the ball are always needed. You can usually never have too many.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
I dont think u watch enough NFC East football to say that. Dallas has Newman and Hamlin who are going to the probowl. Washington has Landry and Springs, Rogers, Smoot, and Macklin. All which have been starters either with Redskins or their previous teams. Also Leigh Torrence has emerged as great depth.
Dallas- Newman and thats all at CB, #2 or a #3 reciever could easily rip them to shreds
Safeties(sp?)- Hard hitting guys who are a liability in coverage

Redskins- Landry- future star who is bound to improve but now he is on the same level as Hamlin or Williams, Seattle game is going to make him overrated
CB's- Springs is older and bites on play action and pump fakes, Rogers injured and is not really that fast, Smoot he is decent but is sort of an underachiever but he has really picked it up when Rogers went out and they lost Sean Taylor, Macklin is a ? to me haven't really seen him play.

Giants- Aarron Ross is a future star but right now he is nothing more than a Young CB still learning the tricks of NFL. Behind him they have a very very weak pass D that relies on Madison who is really a #2 or #3 CB
Old 01-08-2008, 11:27 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

It has been rumored that Tom Heckert will be hired away by Atlanta to be their GM and head of football operations. Thoughts on losing our top scout?

Old 01-08-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
jonbrodo17
Rookie

Like a lot of people I do not think that its a big deal because Andy Reid gets the final decision anyway. I am more concerned if we lose John Harbaugh to the Ravens. He was our special teams coordinator turned secondary coach and he is a very good coach

sig by Jackalope

RIP VT Students 4/16/07

Vote McCain '08
Old 01-08-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Harbaugh was decent as a secondary coach, and I'm glad he got an opportunity. He will be missed, but his loss isn't as big a deal as you might think. I was more upset to lose Spagnuolo last year.

Old 01-08-2008, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Heckert is a big deal because of his scouting knowledge. He put together the information that Reid used to help make personnel decisions. He deserves a lot of credit for signing Curtis instead of Stallworth, getting Cole, Juqua Thomas, Herremens, MJG, Westbrook, Gaither, and other later round steals as part of the scouting department. I would much rather keep the team intact...

Old 01-08-2008, 04:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I think the eagles might be agrasive in this draft, or during FA, currently the eagles have 12 picks and also compensation for a qb that lead a team to the playoffs in Garcia and a WR that helped for 16-0 in Stallworth, even though Curtis is better. Curtis did have 1,000 yrds on the season.

We could end up with 14 picks, though isn't there a limit on the number u can have like 10 or something.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Don't forget that the Eagles did sign Curtis to a deal, which should limit the compensatory picks they get. The team has a few big needs and can always refresh depth. I'm not sure there will be big movement in the first round, but I could definitely see some trades in rounds 2 and beyond.