Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I think the eagles might be agrasive in this draft, or during FA, currently the eagles have 12 picks and also compensation for a qb that lead a team to the playoffs in Garcia and a WR that helped for 16-0 in Stallworth, even though Curtis is better. Curtis did have 1,000 yrds on the season.

We could end up with 14 picks, though isn't there a limit on the number u can have like 10 or something.
Curtis is not better than Stallworth. Stallworth was the #3 or #4 target for the Pats.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Curtis is not better than Stallworth. Stallworth was the #3 or #4 target for the Pats.
so

he wasn't all that great greatly benifited from the prescence of Moss and Welker plus he is injury prone
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfan_45 View Post
so

he wasn't all that great greatly benifited from the prescence of Moss and Welker plus he is injury prone
He's still better than Curtis.
Old 01-08-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont know, Stallworth averages like 2 catches a game
Old 01-08-2008, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
i dont know, Stallworth averages like 2 catches a game
2.875 as the #3/#4 option in a spread offense. Stallworth averaged 19 ypc as the #1 in Philly.
Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't matter. Curtis came in for less money and caught 80 balls for 1000 yards. I'd rather have Curtis and his reliability and less injury issues than Stallworth's slight explosiveness upgrade.

Stallworth in the Curtis role would have missed 3-4 games and wouldn't have gotten 1000 yards.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

McNabb asking for playmakers on his blog. He's got alot of balls in my opinion considering he isnt such the playmaker anymore himself. Wake up McNabb this is not 02, and the team will not listen to you anymore. You are the past not the future. They signed Kevin Curtis to a 32 million dollar contract last year. Does he really think they are going to go out and spend big money on another WR? The Eagles best chances in my opinion are if they go out and draft Desean Jackson if he is still available, but I dont see them doing that at all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3187772

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
I agree with you that Stallworth is better then Curtis. But dont you owe me a sig for the Eagles not getting to 10 wins?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 01-09-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
I agree with you that Stallworth is better then Curtis. But dont you owe me a sig for the Eagles not getting to 10 wins?
Yeah what do you want it to say?
Old 01-09-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
McNabb asking for playmakers on his blog. He's got alot of balls in my opinion considering he isnt such the playmaker anymore himself. Wake up McNabb this is not 02, and the team will not listen to you anymore. You are the past not the future. They signed Kevin Curtis to a 32 million dollar contract last year. Does he really think they are going to go out and spend big money on another WR? The Eagles best chances in my opinion are if they go out and draft Desean Jackson if he is still available, but I dont see them doing that at all.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3187772
Yeah, that whole blog thing pisses me off. There are people getting paid millions to evaluate talent and go out and build teams. The Eagles know they have needs, and they don't need their franchise player lecturing them. BAH!

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 01-09-2008, 11:42 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Almost zero chance that the Eagles take a WR in the first round this year. They could make a move in FA, but not in the first round of the draft.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Almost zero chance that the Eagles take a WR in the first round this year. They could make a move in FA, but not in the first round of the draft.
I agree that they arent going to go WR in the first round, but what move free agent wise do you think they are going to make. I'll be honest with you I dont see them going out and signing a big time name.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, that whole blog thing pisses me off. There are people getting paid millions to evaluate talent and go out and build teams. The Eagles know they have needs, and they don't need their franchise player lecturing them. BAH!
I wouldnt even call McNabb their franchise player anymore. I think Westbrook deserves that title now.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 01-09-2008, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

McNabb is the face of the franchise because he is the QB. Westbrook is the best player, but McNabb is the guy who will make the headlines. Just the way it is. You know exactly how Philly goes...

Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
I agree that they arent going to go WR in the first round, but what move free agent wise do you think they are going to make. I'll be honest with you I dont see them going out and signing a big time name.
I keep hearing Javon Walker if he's available. That would be an interesting impact kind of move. Not sure how much he costs, but he has some injury concerns and is starting to get a little older. Still, good WCO background, and he can be an amazing playmaker when healthy.

If Chad Johnson is available, it will be interesting to hear what Cinci wants. If it's a second round pick, I'd do that in a second.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:57 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
McNabb is the face of the franchise because he is the QB. Westbrook is the best player, but McNabb is the guy who will make the headlines. Just the way it is. You know exactly how Philly goes...
Quote:
I keep hearing Javon Walker if he's available. That would be an interesting impact kind of move. Not sure how much he costs, but he has some injury concerns and is starting to get a little older. Still, good WCO background, and he can be an amazing playmaker when healthy.

If Chad Johnson is available, it will be interesting to hear what Cinci wants. If it's a second round pick, I'd do that in a second.
Yea I know how Philly goes. On Javon Walker I dont think it looks to good for Philly since he is backing down from his trade talks. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3187735

Personally I just dont see the Eagles going after a WR like Johnson. Hes the closest thing to what T.O. was a couple of years ago, and I dont know if Reid and company want to go that route.

One question I think Dawkins gets cut. Do you agree with me Bsaza?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 01-09-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I am unsure if I agree with you on Dawkins, but I could see it. On the other hand, he's not too expensive, and his presence in the locker room is amazingly valuable. He is the heart and soul of the D.

I might be blinded because he is my favorite Eagle ever...

Old 01-09-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

You could see a couple old Eagles cut this off-season. Dawkins, Akers, McNabb.... among others

Re the receiver situation...Isn't Fitzgerald on the block? I'd love to have him. But Chad Johnson will do :)
Old 01-09-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if Fitz is on the block I would think the Cards would lock up Bryant Johnson. Chad Johnson I think is a better person than T.O. sure he has pranks and anticks but he doesn't go around say give me the ball, and go after his qb. Look at this season, not to good, but u didn't hear much from him.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:39 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Why would Fitzgerald be on the block? He is a Pro Bowler and may get even better over time. That would be idiotic. Roy Williams wants out of Detroit, and there could be a Chad Johnson trade out of Cinci. There's still a possibility of Javon Walker as well.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:44 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Why would Fitzgerald be on the block? He is a Pro Bowler and may get even better over time. That would be idiotic. Roy Williams wants out of Detroit, and there could be a Chad Johnson trade out of Cinci. There's still a possibility of Javon Walker as well.
Just what I heard. Rumor has it he's not a fan of Whisenhunt's O.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

How about Roy in Philiadelphia, I do love him, he is a beastly WR.
Old 01-09-2008, 04:48 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Whisenhunt's O got him to the Pro Bowl and several All-Pro votes. There is no way the Cards will give him up. The offense can be tweaked. Finding a talent like Fitz cannot be replicated...

Old 01-09-2008, 04:49 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
How about Roy in Philiadelphia, I do love him, he is a beastly WR.
For the right price, I would take Roy Williams as an explosive #1 type WR. He has the right kind of attitude, and he is an enthusiastic blocker. Explosive playmaker and all that, too. Again, we're talking about for the right price, though. I'm not a fan of passing up first round picks for players.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
For the right price, I would take Roy Williams as an explosive #1 type WR. He has the right kind of attitude, and he is an enthusiastic blocker. Explosive playmaker and all that, too. Again, we're talking about for the right price, though. I'm not a fan of passing up first round picks for players.
Why? Odds are the proven commodity will be better than the prospect.