Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-07-2007, 04:50 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Madden Superstar stinks

It just does.

I'm playing with AD right now, in Madden superstar mode. Here's my frustrations

1- they pass 75% of the time
2- half the runs they actually do are draw plays

I mean come on if you're only able to control one player it's usefull if he actually touches the ball every now and again, being able to do more than run into a line and get tackled so to speak. I'm sick and tired of getting an unsuccesful draw play straight into all kids of linebackers.

And why do they pass? Tavaris Jackson gets intercepted 3 times a game now and AD still gets no more than 15 touches a game. It's so annoying!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:59 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh... and Draw Plays in Madden almost never, ever work!
Old 11-07-2007, 05:05 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea it's awful, even against the rams D I can't get more than 3 yards out of them... Terrible, terrible plays.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:37 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Ugh... and Draw Plays in Madden almost never, ever work!
They work all the time for me. Computer AI is really smart. If you are consistently passing on 3rd down, a draw play works wonders in that situation.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden sucks period this year.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's better to make a superstar for defense.

I made myself a SS and I got drafted by the Jets. You're involved in almost every play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:57 AM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
It's better to make a superstar for defense.

I made myself a SS and I got drafted by the Jets. You're involved in almost every play.
That's what I do when I play Superstar, only at FS.

Anyone ever tried O-Line?

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've never liked the Superstar mode. I could never get into it the way I did Franchise Mode.

I hope, eventually, that you are able to control the one player all game but yet you are able to pick your own plays and control your franchise.

Another thing about Madden. Why did they get rid of the lead block thing. I loved to take control of one of my O-Lineman and to jackup one of the D-Line to create a hole.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:15 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden stinks in general, I traded it in within a week of buying it.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:37 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post

haha, yes i have... made a LT named Orangelo Udekwe, 6-8 350. I'm really good at the 40, so he ended up running a 4.41 40 and had 94 speed. I'm terrible at the bench press though and only got like 7 reps. So my LT had 94 speed, and essentially maxed out stats like accel, catching, throw power, kick power ect... but his blocking stats were all in the 50s.

Anyway, it was pretty fun, and really easy to jack people up, my only problem was that they don't give you pancakes on passing plays.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it is just as bad in ncaa, ill be qb, get all the way down inside the 10 passing, and then it is 3 straight run plays. My RB won the heisman with 800 total yards and 26 rushing td's

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demand a trade.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatech=accdomination View Post
it is just as bad in ncaa, ill be qb, get all the way down inside the 10 passing, and then it is 3 straight run plays. My RB won the heisman with 800 total yards and 26 rushing td's
just audible... i know in Madden if you're the QB you can audible anything.

Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah... Draw plays all the ******* time at RB!!! My best one was last year I chose "your father was a Hall of Fame OLB, freak athlete, mom a sprinter or something. I got drafted to the Browns and played the Strong Side, Rush Linebacker in their 3-4. I averaged about 17 sacks a year with them including a 20 and 23 sack season, won defensive player of the year a couple times and somehow got League MVP ( I think it was with them). Played there like 5 years before moving on to 4-3 teams which wasn't quite as fun, but most of them were better than the Browns even though our Browns teams were really competitive, I won Defensive MVP I think 1 more time. I won a couple Super Bowls with the Panthers. Basically it was an OLB with similar abilities to Urlacher and he was originally like 6'2" 240 but since he was drafted to a 3-4 I made him 6'4" about 255 pounds. I had a sheet with all the stats and accomplishments but I can't find it.

I think I played 13 seasons.
5 with Browns
1 with Vikings
4 with Panthers
3 with Texans (I think)

I've done Strong Safety a few times too and there's a pretty good rush getting up in the box and making plays.

Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk : 11-07-2007 at 01:55 PM.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Being a RB on Superstar makes me so mad. I was a 94 as a rookie and got drafted by the Broncos. My guy is on pace for like 2500 rushing yards, but what happens every time a third down comes up, they pass. I'm talking 3rd and 1,2,and 3. Pisses me off.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, as some said in here. Madden is just awful this year, another big letdown.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
vatech=accdomination
All-Pro

vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vatech=accdomination is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
just audible... i know in Madden if you're the QB you can audible anything.
if you audible it messes up your view and increases your chances of throwing a pic.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....
vatech=accdomination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Aftermath
Veteran

Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.Aftermath could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Madden sucks period this year.
Agree.

NCAA 08 is so much better

Sig by yours truly.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Madden and NCAA this year were much better than they have been recently

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
haha, yes i have... made a LT named Orangelo Udekwe, 6-8 350. I'm really good at the 40, so he ended up running a 4.41 40 and had 94 speed. I'm terrible at the bench press though and only got like 7 reps. So my LT had 94 speed, and essentially maxed out stats like accel, catching, throw power, kick power ect... but his blocking stats were all in the 50s.

Anyway, it was pretty fun, and really easy to jack people up, my only problem was that they don't give you pancakes on passing plays.

What system do you have? In PS2, they dont have the Bench Press. Does anyone know why not?

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 11-07-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGibril28 View Post

I've tried...

-QB
-RB
-FB
-WR
-TE
-OLB
-CB
-SS

Out of those, I'd say that RB, FB, TE, WR, OLB, and SS are the best. QB is messed up. You can barely see over the line when you're playing.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-07-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
What system do you have? In PS2, they dont have the Bench Press. Does anyone know why not?
i played it on 360

Old 11-07-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

It's stupid how they dont have the same features for every system.

Quote:
Quote: