Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-07-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Collecting magazines?

I have a weird dilemma of always collecting Sports Illustrated magazines. About a year's worth of them last year, I decided to throw them out because I figured there would be no value. Then a year later, (right now) I keep thinking is it worth to collect these Sports Illustrated magazines? What do you guys think? I've only kept the good ones to this point which include - the end of the year special issue, the championship ones except the SuperBowl and the NBA (I threw them out after the championships), etc.

Sorry if this is awkward lol, I just wanted to know what you guys thought about collecting magazines even though the magazine's origination started around 50+ years ago. Would there be any point of collecting it to this point?

I always keep thinking I should of kept all those magazines...
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had like 3 years worth of SI until about a month ago when I threw them all away.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Do you mean to make money off of them or just to read them later? I doubt they'll have any value if you're planning on collecting them for later.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dad keeps telling me to get rid of my SI issues. I have everyone from the past 3 or 4 years. I also just started getting my ESPN magazines back in January.

I like keeping them because when I'm old, I can look back at my magazines and remember what was going on at this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I collect Sports Cards. I did collect SI for a while be decedied to get rid cuz i had no space in my room.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
I collect Sports Cards. I did collect SI for a while be decedied to get rid cuz i had no space in my room.
I collect Sports Cards too. I also collect Snoopy items (serious).

I recycle the Sis at least a month after the issue date.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MY SIs get stuffed in a stack on my bookshelf in random order, and every once and awhile I have to throw a bunch out. FOr some reason, I don't wanna throw the issue away after I'm done with it, but I don't ahve much problem throwing them out when I have to...

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I collect Sports Cards too. I also collect Snoopy items (serious).

I recycle the Sis at least a month after the issue date.
Do u collect like Regular Old ones or do you collect the jerseys and Autos?

Old 11-07-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do u collect like Regular Old ones or do you collect the jerseys and Autos?
Both. Mostly rookies but if I come across a jersey card I want at a card show I'll go for it. Especially now that you can get them for under $10.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love sports cards I got every kind,my best is a3 piece Johny U # out of 60
Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I got a decent amount I don't really have one that stands out from the rest, but during the summer I collected AJ Hawk, Marcus Williams, and Hanley Ramirez.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a couple jersey cards. Just to name a few are, David Carr, Keyshawn Johnson, Julius Peppers, and Curtis Martin. (I think I have Carr and Peppers.)

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 11-07-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

I got a Cris Carter Jersey, Culpepper Football, Three River Stadium Turf with Steve Young, Michael Huff and DJ Shockley College Jersey, marlin jackson and Derek Anderson college jersey, and Drew Stanton College Jersey and Coles Football.

My best Auto is probably Duece, Marlin Jackson or Marion Barber III and DROY Hopeful Patrick Willis.

I need a Peterson Auto or Jersey bad. Or even Rice.

Old 11-07-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my prized sports memorabilia is a signed hockey stick by everyone on the last Hartford Whalers team

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

im subscribed to national geographic. is that worthy of a post in this thread?
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 06:31 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

^He never said that they had to be Sports related. lol

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-08-2007, 07:49 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i feel pretty bad i threw away a year's worth of SI.

like some i have collected it to be able to look back and see what people and what teams were viewed as good and bad.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

I keep my Sports Illustrateds both so I can look back over the year in sports, and so I can have the covers of the magazines if they ever become valuable.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I need a Peterson Auto or Jersey bad. Or even Rice.
i opened a box today and got a peterson/rice dual jersey, its a good day :).

Old 11-09-2007, 05:48 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i opened a box today and got a peterson/rice dual jersey, its a good day :).
its a sign from above Dynasty

Old 11-09-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
its a sign from above Dynasty
If it was a sign from Above, It would have been an Auto Lol. But im not greedy.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
If it was a sign from Above, It would have been an Auto Lol. But im not greedy.
Start going to card shows. Look in Becketts and they have everything in the month in your area. You'll get your auto in no time.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea check out local card shops, they always have a nice collection of the local teams inserts.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:00 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yea check out local card shops, they always have a nice collection of the local teams inserts.
shows are better. so much more variety.

Old 11-09-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Closest Card Shop to me is either Erie(around 90 Miles) or Buffalo(60 Miles) and the last card show i was at, i was like 12 lol. So I have to buy from cards from the Internet. Oh well i like opening packs.