Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Souther Comfort is always good either 100 Proof or 70 proof are good

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mixed with coke with a bit of lime juice, one of my favorite mixers
Old 11-08-2007, 11:32 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Souther Comfort is always good either 100 Proof or 70 proof are good
Get lime for that SoCo too.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since your making a home bar here's a little list of what you need (I work in a bar):

Whiskey:
Jack Daniel's (quintessential whiskey for any bar)
Seagram's 7 (lower level Canadian whiskey that is great for mixed drinks)
Southern Comfort (great as a single shot, a mixed drink, or mixing shots)
Evan Williams (very cheap whiskey that is great for the lower end mixed drinks)
Jameson or Bushmill's Irish Whisky (great as a shot and used for Irish Car Bombs)

Vodka:
Taaka (very cheap and is used as bottom shelf and well but a decent mixer)
Skyy (a step up thats a little more expensive)
Grey Goose or Ketel One (top shelf, pricey vodka that does not leave a hangover)
Vanilla flavored vodka is also great for White Russians, etc...

Tequilia:
Jose Guervo (about the only tequila worth serving unless you want to fork out a lot of cash)

Rum:
Cpt. Morgan (essential)
Sailor Jerry (an excellent rum that's not as sweet as Cpt. Morgan)
Bacardi (nice clear rum that mixes well)

Variety Liquor used for shots:
Goldschlaeger
Jagermeister
Pucker (get about three or four different kinds)
Bailey's Irish Cream (or any derivative thereof)
Peach Schnapps (great for shots)

That's about the essentials that I can think of off the top of my head. If you need any more help send me a PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sailor Jerry is the greatest spice rum ever created.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Since your making a home bar here's a little list of what you need (I work in a bar):

Whiskey:
Jameson or Bushmill's Irish Whisky (great as a shot and used for Irish Car Bombs)

Vodka:
Taaka (very cheap and is used as bottom shelf and well but a decent mixer)
Skyy (a step up thats a little more expensive)
Grey Goose or Ketel One (top shelf, pricey vodka that does not leave a hangover)
Vanilla flavored vodka is also great for White Russians, etc...

Tequilia:
Jose Guervo (about the only tequila worth serving unless you want to fork out a lot of cash)

Rum:
Cpt. Morgan (essential)
Sailor Jerry (an excellent rum that's not as sweet as Cpt. Morgan)
Bacardi (nice clear rum that mixes well)

Variety Liquor used for shots:
Goldschlaeger
Jagermeister
Pucker (get about three or four different kinds)
Bailey's Irish Cream (or any derivative thereof)
Peach Schnapps (great for shots)

That's about the essentials that I can think of off the top of my head. If you need any more help send me a PM.
you forgot Philly whiskey.

$14.95 a jug

Old 11-08-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Whiskey:
I'd fork over the extra money for Crown Royal instead of Seagram's. Also go witht he Jameson instead of Bushmill's. I don't drink Bushmill's, I have my reasons. Powers is a cheaper Irish Whiskey.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're building a bar, you could have a "Build a Bar Party". Send an invite out to your friends to come over, but they have to bring a bottle of their favorite alchohol. You'll provide the mixers and snacks. Viola! Half your bar is probably stocked right there.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
If you're building a bar, you could have a "Build a Bar Party". Send an invite out to your friends to come over, but they have to bring a bottle of their favorite alchohol. You'll provide the mixers and snacks. Viola! Half your bar is probably stocked right there.
So wise beyond his years.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Also you have to get those bottle pourer things that stick right into the bottle. Like they have at real bars when you go out. Probably get them online.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stripper pole.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd get some Kaluha for some White Russians
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

This thread is making me thirsty. I'm starting to get the shakes a bit.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

These pretzels are makin me thirsty!

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
you forgot Philly whiskey.

$14.95 a jug
I've never heard of Philly whiskey.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

I'm not actually "building a bar" in this house (no room). I'm just getting a bunch of ingredients so I can make mixed drinks. I obviously have a fridge and freezer, but beyond that no real bar equipment.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
I'm not actually "building a bar" in this house (no room). I'm just getting a bunch of ingredients so I can make mixed drinks. I obviously have a fridge and freezer, but beyond that no real bar equipment.
Why not call this thread "Liquor Cabinet" then because that's what you're making
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Why not call this thread "Liquor Cabinet" then because that's what you're making
Sorry SuperKevin, I'm sorry I wasted your valuable time. :D
Old 11-08-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I've never heard of Philly whiskey.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Hahahaha. The birthplace of hospitality. Thats great.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because it's not technically a "bar", it doesn't mean you can't have your "Build a Bar" Party. Call it that, and let someone there correct you.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 11-08-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Hahahaha. The birthplace of hospitality. Thats great.
I bet Philly is very welcoming before they get all that whiskey in them...

Old 11-08-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
I bet Philly is very welcoming before they get all that whiskey in them...
Is this during a winning or losing season for the Eagles?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Just because it's not technically a "bar", it doesn't mean you can't have your "Build a Bar" Party. Call it that, and let someone there correct you.
I'm a university student so I'm not sure the build a bar party would play. Nobody wants to donate a bottle of liquor to me for nothing in return. These are kids that pay $10 to get into a kegger and drink 10+ beers each. :D

That said, it definitely sounds like a good idea for a more mature and less money-hungry group.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get Kahula and cream, rock the white Russian.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote