Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 11-10-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The funny thing about not worring about the running game is that we still run for 127 a game. So if you throw your ace package in dallas is going to run against you. If one thing has been changed from the start of the season to now..it is that Romo has been given more control at the LOS. He has been great at this...Witten only had 3 catches in the NE game...but they came back/back/back and it was because we caught NE in a bad defense...and Romo went no huddle and hit him 3 times in a row until we got a incomplete pass and they got a sub package on the field. Romo basically goes up to the line....reads how many guys are in the box and then decides which play to run. If you guys come out in a soft 7 front...we will run the ball and run it effectively.
Having the 4 aces package out against the run wouldn't lose much at all over Robbins and Cofield out there.

But damn, i do wish the giants had a BIG run stuffer to wreak havoc in the middle and hit barber early, and slow down jones in the backfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
osi+ap=allshallperish
Rookie

osi+ap=allshallperish hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I was under that assumption that when the aces package came in they tended just to drop 7 in coverage. Which was the point of getting 4 great rushers on the line.
u'd think that spats has been hugely successful with creative blitzes and dline maneuvers out of the 4 aces package. We blitz a lot less in our base formation and rely more on stunts and twists to get to the QB.

As for the Dallas running game, I fear it very much, but I fear their passing game more and i get the feeling that garrett is more likely to give up on the run than the pass.
osi+ap=allshallperish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Something that is being overlooked-

Aaron Ross will be starting at CB, not Corey Webster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sure this thread has already noted that Ross and Madison will start instead of Webster and McQuarters, which is to say a considerable improvement.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:15 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

35-27 Dallas
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
BBD-

Honestly, it's not the Cowboy fans that need to let go of the Bledsoe comparisons, it's the NYG fans that need to realize that Eli is never going to be an elite QB.

(To be fair, Bledsoe was a good QB in this league, never elite, but still top 15 at any point in his career).

I've been asking for two years when the NYG fans will accept that about Eli. In Eli's third year all the NYG fans said 'this is the year to decide if he's got it or not'. When his stats and play was about the same as the year before the NYG fans said that he hadn't started enough games. Before this year the NYG fans said 'this is the year we'll find out about Eli' and it's half way over. Eli is putting up the same stats he always does.

BBD, you know that I am one of the Cowboy fans that loves Bill Parcells. I think what he did in Dallas was exceptional from a talent standpoint. I am one of the few that thinks his time here a a success. To that end, I also greatly enjoyed his press conferences and his insight to the game of football. Bill said on several occasions that 20 starts are the magic number for QB's. He even referenced Bill Walsh's comments on starts for QB's. That by the 20th start you have what you have. QB's do not get appreciably better after that in most cases.

I've posted the statistics of just about every major QB from the past 25 years on this sight showing that by the end of their third year (usually they have 20-25 starts by this point) they are what they are. NYG fans continue to delude themselves into thinking Eli will become a top 10 QB in this league.

(Again, to be fair, Cowboy fans continue to delude themselves that Roy Williams is a top 5 S in this league too).

Im not directing my comments at you in particular, if I came off that way then my bad. It just erks me sometimes how I have to hear some comparos about Eli that just are a bit ridiculous. Ive heard people say Alex Smith is better, JP Lossman is better, Jason Campbell is better etc etc etc. And none of that is justified.

Im not saying Eli is a god, but people tend to paint the picture that he's a bad qb, and thats simply not true either. Is he elite? No. Will he ever be an elite qb? I don't know. But he doesn't suck like many people paint him as.

His problem is, and this may always be the case: consistency. He's too inconsistent. One quarter he's elite, the next...not so much. And thats whats been plaguing him. Will he ever gain consistency? I don't know. But even as he is now, he's not that bad.

Look at it from this perspective. I think its fair to say that the NJ area, and Chicago are the 2 hardest places to play quarterback. Between the Bears, Giants and Jets (2 of the 3 franchises are storied in this league for a looong time), how many franchise quarterbacks have there been?

Think about it. Maybe 3? Simms, Tittle, Namath, and god knows if Chicago ever had one.

Eli Manning is better than Phil Simms. While he may not be the greatest qb since sliced bread, he's the best we've seen in a long time wear Giant blue. This area is just not built for franchise qbs, its not. I can't even name any qb's that grew up around this area. New Jersey is a linebacker and RB assembly line, but qbs are scarce. So while he may not be the best, he's good enough to win for us, and while he has inconsistencies, he's brought consistency to this team that we've been missing since the Parcells era. We may be on our way (knock on wood) to 3 consecutive years with playoff appearances. And Eli is in his 4th year. We haven't had that kind of consistency in NY in a loooooooooooooong time.

So he can't be that bad. And I know you never said he was, Im just saying in general, he gets a bad break from most fans about his play, and I feel its unjustified.

Oh, and I do think Eli is a top 10 qb. Theres really not many qbs Id take over him quite honestly.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 11-10-2007 at 11:35 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only person who could say Alex Smith is better is Alex Smith's mom.
Old 11-10-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The only person who could say Alex Smith is better is Alex Smith's mom.
Ive heard worse, trust me. I usually just bite my tongue, but theres only so much a Giant fan can take lol.

I think Alex's mom would say that while crossing a finger :)
Old 11-11-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

GG guys. It was very entertaining.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah very stupid penalties on both sides but this is a big time win for us, we are clearly the class of the NFC.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Good game Cowboys....

You got help from the refs but I won't say the Giants are better, not until we can stop you on 3rd down when it matters.

I think we'll meet second round of the playoffs.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-11-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

*copied and pasted from another thread*

The bottomline is Dallas is the better team. Plain and simple.

Our offense did their job. They played ugly with penalties, but they moved the ball well. The defense didn't do its job for the 2nd time. Can't expect to win shootouts every time.

The better team won. The Giants are a wildcard team. Anything can happen in the playoffs, but personnell wise, we're not there yet. We need some defensive upgrades.

In particular, CB.

Good game.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Good game Cowboys....

You got help from the refs but I won't say the Giants are better, not until we can stop you on 3rd down when it matters.

I think we'll meet second round of the playoffs.
We got help from the refs? We had more penalty yardage buddy, check the stats. Cowboys had 10 penalties for 84 yards, Giants had 8 for 70. Not to mention the garbage call on Kevin Burnett. Like that doesn't happen on everyplay? Which let you tie the game and stop the Cowboys momentum. The refs kept you guys in the game, they didn't help us. They redeemed themselves for the Burnett call in the 2nd half I admit, but we had more penatlies for more yards, so please think of a better excuse.

Oh and nice game by Plaxico.

That a boy Terence. Pro-Bowl bound.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post
We got help from the refs? We had more penalty yardage buddy, check the stats. Cowboys had 10 penalties for 84 yards, Giants had 8 for 70. Not to mention the garbage call on Kevin Burnett. Like that doesn't happen on everyplay? Which let you tie the game and stop the Cowboys momentum. The refs kept you guys in the game, they didn't help us. They redeemed themselves for the Burnett call in the 2nd half I admit, but we had more penatlies for more yards, so please think of a better excuse.

without the picky holding call on snee, RD scores, ties it up and it's a whole new ball game.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ref's had their fair share of sketchy calls going both ways....don't think you can justify it one way or another.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Refs smefs. That was a wash. We lost this game because the defense gave up too many points. Bottomline.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Oh and the Slot WR didn't play well. I knew we needed whoever that was to come up big since Burress would get taken out of the game, but it didn't happen.

Im all over the place with my analysis (posting in multiple threads), I'll make a full breakdown tomorrow or something.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

dallas did flat out play us in the 2nd half. too many big plays made by them and 3rd downs converted. weak defensive showing by the giants in the 2nd half
Quote:
Old 11-11-2007, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles33 View Post

Do you think the holding penalty called on Boss on the kickoff return was justified?

Do you think the holding call on Snee was justified?

Did you notice where Romo threw the ball from on his first TD?

And I have seen taunting penalties such as the one called on Burnett EVERY WEEK.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-11-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Do you think the holding penalty called on Boss on the kickoff return was justified?

And I have seen taunting penalties such as the one called on Burnett EVERY WEEK.
Don't waste your time.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Oh and the Slot WR didn't play well. I knew we needed whoever that was to come up big since Burress would get taken out of the game, but it didn't happen.

Im all over the place with my analysis (posting in multiple threads), I'll make a full breakdown tomorrow or something.
I think Gilbride is struggling a little bit. He is head and shoulders above Hufnagel....but he hasn't used Moss correctly...which is sending him on cross routes. Instead he is sending him deep and I don't think Eli wants to throw deep to a 5'8 WR.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-11-2007, 07:50 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How about the 260 lb. running back getting a personal foul call from a tap from Brady...LMAO There were bad calls both ways, the best team won. (again)
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:

Snee almost took williams helmet off so im not sure how that is a phantom call?

Plus it went both ways, we had them early and you guys had them late.

James barely touched that guy on the giants who did a manu ginobli flop for the personal foul, and that taunting call could have been called on Jacobs numerous times as well as on owens and sam madison. Personally I thought it was a ******** call because you should either give it to everyone or no one.

As for the call on boss, it was a hold, it may not have had an impact on the play but it was a hold. Same thing happened to us against the pat's -- you cant complain about the refs, you can only blame your team for not being disciplined enough.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I think Gilbride is struggling a little bit. He is head and shoulders above Hufnagel....but he hasn't used Moss correctly...which is sending him on cross routes. Instead he is sending him deep and I don't think Eli wants to throw deep to a 5'8 WR.
We can't ask him to run one route all game. Thats too one dimensional. He needs to get stronger, so he can shed the press.

Perhaps we're not using him as well as we should, but alot of his problems are his own fault as well.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Like I said, we did NOT lose this game because of the refs.