Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 11-11-2007, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Snee almost took williams helmet off so im not sure how that is a phantom call?

Plus it went both ways, we had them early and you guys had them late.

James barely touched that guy on the giants who did a manu ginobli flop for the personal foul, and that taunting call could have been called on Jacobs numerous times as well as on owens and sam madison. Personally I thought it was a ******** call because you should either give it to everyone or no one.

As for the call on boss, it was a hold, it may not have had an impact on the play but it was a hold. Same thing happened to us against the pat's -- you cant complain about the refs, you can only blame your team for not being disciplined enough.
Neither were holding penalties.

And for billionth time....I'm not saying the better team lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cowboys are definetly the better team, giants will make the wild card most likely though so maybe they get a 3rd shot

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see 3 teams out of the NFC East making the playoffs.

The rest of the NFC (outside of GB) is a joke. The Skins and Lions will fight for that last spot.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

after today i dont think the skins will make it

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

The Lions-Giants game next week is going to be very telling.

And I'll tell you this right now, I don't think the G-Men will win.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-11-2007, 08:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
The Lions-Giants game next week is going to be very telling.

And I'll tell you this right now, I don't think the G-Men will win.
Honestly, Im not that affraid of the Lions. I think we can beat them.

If they do lose, the grumblings of the 2nd half slump will rear its ugly head. Detriot doesn't have the oline to handle our pass rush.
Old 11-11-2007, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Honestly, Im not that affraid of the Lions. I think we can beat them.

If they do lose, the grumblings of the 2nd half slump will rear its ugly head. Detriot doesn't have the oline to handle our pass rush.
BBD-

I have seen 2 Lions games and I'm gonna try to get this weeks game...

But they use the middle of the field in the passing game better than any offense in the NFL.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 11-11-2007, 08:59 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
You got help from the refs but
So did the GMen.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:59 AM    (permalink
cowboyz
Rookie

cowboyz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so how did dallas handle the giants pass rush? or was it just romo adeptly moving in the pocket? thought the giants collapsed the pocket, just couldn't break through.

saw strahan get pretty frustrated by colombo.

only thing i noticed was the rbs really blocked well.

and the dallas coverage must've been good when roy wasn't isolated because some of those sacks/pressures came after eli could look downfield.

thought the giants could've ran jacobs a little more because they couldn't stop him when he got going.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Closing Thoughts:

If you want to check out the Giants perspective of this, go to the Giants board. This is more of a closing thoughts kind of thing.

- I think Dallas's offense can't be stopped. If youre gonna beat Dallas, you have to score with them. They have arguably the best offensive mind in the game right now calling the shots, a franchise qb, the 2nd best WR in the game, a great TE, the 2nd best oline in the game, and a great RBC. They have it all on offense.

- I see the same problems however as last year for Dallas. They have a good run stuffing defense, and a great offense, but theyre still vulnerable against the pass. This will be a problem every time they face a team with a good passing attack. Let's be honest. Dallas's defense didn't really stop the Giants offense last night. The Giants shot themselves in the foot. Again, some might disagree, but let's call a spade a spade. The pass defense still has major holes in it. And that could be an issue all season.

- Dallas as of right now is clearly the best in the NFC. Until proven otherwise, but its mainly bc of their offense.

- I might have to eat crow on Gibril Wilson. I have been very critical of him and have compared him to Roy Williams, but this year he has been playing great and my analogy is off base. He has 10X more range in coverage, he's a better tackler, and is making alot of plays out there. I underestimated how badly Tim Lewis hindered his development. He stood toe to toe with TO on one play and picked the ball off. Granted the 2nd time he got burned, but to do it even once is an amazing accomplishment. That shows how much range he really has. Im starting to become very impressed with him.

- DeMarcus Ware is playing amazing football right now, as is Osi Umenyiora. Both are viable DPOY candidates in my eyes.

- I had a feeling Anthony Spencer would be a thorn in our behind again. His speed just gives us more trouble than Ellis. However Ellis was a major factor in this game as well. I guess Im just paying more attention to Spencer.

- Like I said in the Giants board, if we meet Dallas again, having Smith and Ward will be critical to beating them. We sorely missed Ward in pass protection, and Smith is our only reliable slot WR. To beat Dallas's defense, you have to spread them out and have a reliable #3 WR to beat them with. Unless Smith is playing, we dont have that.

- We simply don't have the personnell on defense capable of stopping Dallas on a consistent basis. For more detail, go to the Giants board.

- Roy Williams is a sensitive topic. So I won't go into details. But he is godawful in coverage. Let's just leave it at that.

- I think if you want to break down the diff bw the Giants and Cowboys right now in simple terms, the word would be consistancy.

Dallas is just a more consistant team. There lies the main difference. Both can rush the passer. Both can score points. Both can stop the run. Both can run and pass the ball. Both have major holes in their passing defense.

But Dallas is more consistant. And thats why theyre better.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 11-12-2007 at 04:15 PM.
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:30 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have waited to see more from our team before saying this, but now I think it's safe. I take serious exception to the claims of us having, as BBD put it, though merely echoing a widely held opinion, "serious holes in our pass D".

People who say this generally look at one stat to draw their conclusions: pass yards allowed. As any NFLDCer worth his salt knows, there isn't a more misleading stat then total yards allowed by a team. Generally speaking, the most important stat for a defense is yards allowed per attempt, whether you're talking passing or running, closely followed by the turnover factor. Dallas not only doesn't suck at this aspect, but it is actually among the best in the league, ranking tied for 6th overall in the league, with......New England!

If you were to ask the layman who has a better pass defense between the two, most would scoff and say that it is easily NE. But the truth is far from. Another illustration of this is the comparison between Miami and New England. Would anyone say that Miami is one of the best pass defenses in the league? Hell no, they wouldn't, but they rank 5th overall against the pass with 184.6 ypg average, right in front of the Pats at 184.7. However, a closer inspection reveals that NE is 6th in YPA, while the Dolphins are a staggering 30th in the league. Point taken?

The next factor I mentioned is TOs. A quick glance shows Dallas as 3rd in the league with 14 INTs, just behind the Lions unbelievable pace and the Chargers league leading 17 (aided by the perplexing 6 int game from Peyton). So, very quickly: Dallas is top 6 in the most important category, and top 3 in the next most important category. Does that sound like a team with "major holes" in its pass defense? I wouldn't think so.

All of this has been done while enduring key injuries to our best two cover guys, and fitting in a new starting FS, along with having the most criticized SS in coverage in the NFL. Obviously, something is working.

Dallas has simply had a lead in the second half in every game but one this season, leading to a ton of passing attempts, and--as any defensive coach in the league will tell you--if a team is going to pass on you, they are going to get yards. But if they do it too much, the result will be turnovers for your defense, and big plays the other way. All of which has proven itself out.

If there is one flaw in what Dallas has been doing, its our inability to control the ball, either through running or passing. Of all the best teams in the league, we have some of the worst TOP numbers. This was born out again by the Giants and their domination of the ball, holding it for nearly 10 more minutes than we did. If we have one flaw, that is it right there. Aside from that, this team deserves to be in the conversation with New England for best team in the NFL.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen many people prasing the New England D, especially their secondary. They aren't nearly as good as they have been in the past, and their defense has little to do with the reason they are winning. I just heard an interview with Bill, where he was saying there is a lot of improvement that needs to me made on that defense. I think they are the worst red zone defense in the league.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I have waited to see more from our team before saying this, but now I think it's safe. I take serious exception to the claims of us having, as BBD put it, though merely echoing a widely held opinion, "serious holes in our pass D".

People who say this generally look at one stat to draw their conclusions: pass yards allowed. As any NFLDCer worth his salt knows, there isn't a more misleading stat then total yards allowed by a team. Generally speaking, the most important stat for a defense is yards allowed per attempt, whether you're talking passing or running, closely followed by the turnover factor. Dallas not only doesn't suck at this aspect, but it is actually among the best in the league, ranking tied for 6th overall in the league, with......New England!

If you were to ask the layman who has a better pass defense between the two, most would scoff and say that it is easily NE. But the truth is far from. Another illustration of this is the comparison between Miami and New England. Would anyone say that Miami is one of the best pass defenses in the league? Hell no, they wouldn't, but they rank 5th overall against the pass with 184.6 ypg average, right in front of the Pats at 184.7. However, a closer inspection reveals that NE is 6th in YPA, while the Dolphins are a staggering 30th in the league. Point taken?

The next factor I mentioned is TOs. A quick glance shows Dallas as 3rd in the league with 14 INTs, just behind the Lions unbelievable pace and the Chargers league leading 17 (aided by the perplexing 6 int game from Peyton). So, very quickly: Dallas is top 6 in the most important category, and top 3 in the next most important category. Does that sound like a team with "major holes" in its pass defense? I wouldn't think so.

All of this has been done while enduring key injuries to our best two cover guys, and fitting in a new starting FS, along with having the most criticized SS in coverage in the NFL. Obviously, something is working.

Dallas has simply had a lead in the second half in every game but one this season, leading to a ton of passing attempts, and--as any defensive coach in the league will tell you--if a team is going to pass on you, they are going to get yards. But if they do it too much, the result will be turnovers for your defense, and big plays the other way. All of which has proven itself out.

If there is one flaw in what Dallas has been doing, its our inability to control the ball, either through running or passing. Of all the best teams in the league, we have some of the worst TOP numbers. This was born out again by the Giants and their domination of the ball, holding it for nearly 10 more minutes than we did. If we have one flaw, that is it right there. Aside from that, this team deserves to be in the conversation with New England for best team in the NFL.
While I still believe there is holes in the pass defense, and I stand by my assessment, I do want to note that there are only a select few teams that can take advantage of it.

I strongly believe, that in order to take on the Cowboys defense, you have to have a capable 3 WR set that can spread them out and take advantage of the slot WR vs CB matchup.

That also puts Roy in a tough position of being in man coverage against the TE, which is a matchup he is not going to win.

But having that said, very few teams have the offensive firepower capable of exploiting this weakness.

I think the Patriots, Colts, Saints (if they make the playoffs), Giants, maybe Seattle, and maybe the Packers are all capable of putting points on the board against this defense with the spread set.

Thats not many teams though. And when you look at the opposing defenses, the only teams that can really hang with Dallas's firepower on offense and ability to score are the Patriots, Colts, and maybe Packers.

I would say the Giants have a chance, but the bottomline is they lost twice to the Cowboys, so until proven otherwise, Dallas will and should beat them again.

So personally, I have Dallas rated #3 behind the Pats and Colts. The Packers matchup very favorably with the Cowboys, but I think the Cowboys are a little bit better. Thats gonna be a great match, when those 2 teams play.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BBD-

I have seen 2 Lions games and I'm gonna try to get this weeks game...

But they use the middle of the field in the passing game better than any offense in the NFL.
Then their team and coaching staff will have boners watching our defense on film, lol. If what you say is true, we are in for a looong day.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Then their team and coaching staff will have boners watching our defense on film, lol. If what you say is true, we are in for a looong day.
im not too worried. unlike Dallas, they lack the oline or mobile qb to really take advantage of our holes.

this is a huge game though. If we lose, we'll have to start worrying about the dreaded 2nd half slump.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would add Pittsburgh to that list of teams who could spread it out. Between Ward, Holmes (who is turning into a great player right in front of us), Miller at TE, and Washington who is a decent 3rd option.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
im not too worried. unlike Dallas, they lack the oline or mobile qb to really take advantage of our holes.

this is a huge game though. If we lose, we'll have to start worrying about the dreaded 2nd half slump.
Still you can always make adjustments for that.. One way is move the pocket left and right, which leads way to bootlegs. Run the ball, first to establish play action, and then hit the middle.. I'd be worried only because it's a game of matchups, from the coaching staff and players. If at this level if we cant disguise our coverages really well, any team can take adv. of it.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I would add Pittsburgh to that list of teams who could spread it out. Between Ward, Holmes (who is turning into a great player right in front of us), Miller at TE, and Washington who is a decent 3rd option.
Dallas can work that oline though. And Ben will get confused by those packages. He's not the most cerebral qb, he's more of an athletic freak who can buy time and shed tacklers and wing it downfield.

And they should own Willie Parker.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Still you can always make adjustments for that.. One way is move the pocket left and right, which leads way to bootlegs. Run the ball, first to establish play action, and then hit the middle.. I'd be worried only because it's a game of matchups, from the coaching staff and players. If at this level if we cant disguise our coverages really well, any team can take adv. of it.
Remember though, this is a Mike Martz offense. He's not gonna do that. He's gonna leave Kitna very vulnerable to taking shots. He rarely adjusts his protections, and rarely gives checkdowns.

We should get there and disrupt the qb. Im not too worried. We'll discuss this on the Giants board, don't want to take away from the topic at hand over here.
Old 11-13-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Remember though, this is a Mike Martz offense. He's not gonna do that. He's gonna leave Kitna very vulnerable to taking shots. He rarely adjusts his protections, and rarely gives checkdowns.

We should get there and disrupt the qb. Im not too worried. We'll discuss this on the Giants board, don't want to take away from the topic at hand over here.
Yeah, i know, which means it will be a track like affair, and i know if sees cover 2, he will have plays to beat it, from smash to mesh, and other passing concepts. I assume he wont even let the blitz come, because it will be quick routes either bubble or hot screens to get guys moving, to negate our rush.. I have respect for Martz as a coach to be able to handle our defense from an Xs and Os aspect.