Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-11-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
Why go to college if you want to be a teacher?
is this a serious question?

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
is this a serious question?
Yes. Teaching is a university field, at least from what I know.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes. Teaching is a university field, at least from what I know.
get an aa, then move up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
get an aa, then move up.
What is an aa?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:39 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What is an aa?
Associates degree. dont ask me why they call it an aa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Associates degree. dont ask me why they call it an aa.
I don't think they have those in Canada.

I just don't get the point of going to college if you want to be a teacher, unless you don't have the marks to get into university (which would be surprising if you want to be a teacher). You're going to have to get a university degree anyway, so why waste time getting a college degree you won't use?
Old 11-11-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbpackers0065 View Post
Congrats Man!
I remember when I got my first offer for Basketball. I think mine was a little better, lol. But seriously, pick a school for the school not for the team.
cause ur tall.

whered you get your offers?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:46 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Why go to college if you want to be a teacher?
Well the thing is that would be my option 2... and apperantly to get into fire fighting they like to have guys that have their lives in order you know, they usualyl take guys 23-25 years old.. so i f i could play ball for two years or so.. then go to the U of S.. then head into it that would be good... i just need somehting to help fill that void in between. Ive talked about it with my councelor and it made sense.. i just may not be wording it right lol

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
Well the thing is that would be my option 2... and apperantly to get into fire fighting they like to have guys that have their lives in order you know, they usualyl take guys 23-25 years old.. so i f i could play ball for two years or so.. then go to the U of S.. then head into it that would be good... i just need somehting to help fill that void in between. Ive talked about it with my councelor and it made sense.. i just may not be wording it right lol
I'm just saying that going to college won't give you a backup of being a teacher because you need an undergraduate university degree to become a teacher (at least in Ontario, not sure about other provinces but I imagine it is the same).
Old 11-11-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I'm just saying that going to college won't give you a backup of being a teacher because you need an undergraduate university degree to become a teacher (at least in Ontario, not sure about other provinces but I imagine it is the same).
Ya its the same thing, but i just have a good 4-5 years before i go into firefighting so if i can get a chance to not pay for college and play ball for a couple years.. ill take that.. then go into whatever i need. Hopefully i wont need a back up plan for fightiing but a degree in a trade cant be a bad thing right?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 11-11-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ya its the same thing, but i just have a good 4-5 years before i go into firefighting so if i can get a chance to not pay for college and play ball for a couple years.. ill take that.. then go into whatever i need. Hopefully i wont need a back up plan for fightiing but a degree in a trade cant be a bad thing right?

Or you can go Semipro

Old 11-11-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
No, college degrees can be great. Just wanted to make sure you weren't being misguided. And free education is always a nice little bonus also.

You should do some volunteer firefighting if you have the chance. Can't hurt when you're looking for a paid gig.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, college degrees can be great. Just wanted to make sure you weren't being misguided. And free education is always a nice little bonus also.

You should do some volunteer firefighting if you have the chance. Can't hurt when you're looking for a paid gig.
I have done some stuff with the fire halls around here for the past year or so... and a couple of my better freinds have dads who are high up in the senority. So hopefully that will help out. Plus im a good kid and i mean im pretty big and athletic.. so i could handle the physical part extremly well

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
Old 11-11-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
cause ur tall.

whered you get your offers?
Height definitely is not everything. I know a guy who was 7'3" and played all his life but didn't get one D-1 offer because he had no talent.

I got offers from:
Rutgers
Hartford
Southern Illinois
Delaware
UC Santa Barbara
UC Davis
Central Florida
a few others I can't remember....
Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Your right. Out west is the same as here. If he were to go to college first, universeities would only veiw it as about 1st year of university. So in a way unless,you have the marks to get to unversity right away, then its probably the best thing to do.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Height definitely is not everything. I know a guy who was 7'3" and played all his life but didn't get one D-1 offer because he had no talent.

I got offers from:
Rutgers
Hartford
Southern Illinois
Delaware
UC Santa Barbara
UC Davis
Central Florida
you turned down Rutgers!!??!?!?!? what the hell is wrong with you????
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:55 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.gbpackers0065 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
you turned down Rutgers!!??!?!?!? what the hell is wrong with you????
Ummmmmm yea, academically:
Duke>Rutgers
Old 11-11-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ummmmmm yea, academically:
Duke>Rutgers
psssh you coulda played with Douby(maybe, depending what year)

Rutgers has pretty good academics now...

and RU football>>>>>Duke football. everyone knows sports>academics when picking a college. Why do you think DChess is at WVU, and why so many people go to "the U"
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
NYGibril28
Pro Bowler

NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NYGibril28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
haha oh hell no.. im no where near that good... my shot would have to increase ten fold and my dribbling would have to be a lot better for that. We have extreme talent up here.. they just all live in vancouver or toronto
I stand by my statement. I have faith.

Paul

New York Giants
New York Yankees
New York Knicks (unfortunately)
UConn Basketball
Virginia Tech Football
UConn Football
NYGibril28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 06:58 PM    (permalink
gbpackers0065
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
psssh you coulda played with Douby(maybe, depending what year)

Rutgers has pretty good academics now...

and RU football>>>>>Duke football. everyone knows sports>academics when picking a college. Why do you think DChess is at WVU, and why so many people go to "the U"
LOL, way before Douby. Also, I'm pretty sure thats just people on this forum that pick sports over academics.
Old 11-11-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
LOL, way before Douby. Also, I'm pretty sure thats just people on this forum that pick sports over academics.
yea, i know. still, i just want to go to Rutgers. I havent even looked at other schools yet lol
Quote:
Old 11-11-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I got offers from:
Rutgers
Hartford
Southern Illinois
Delaware
UC Santa Barbara
UC Davis
Central Florida
The best choice there is the Salukis I think.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Hoops, every time I think of you I think of a clip from the Simpsons where the showed the Canadian Olympic Basketball Team missing a lay-up.

Old 11-11-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Hoops, every time I think of you I think of a clip from the Simpsons where the showed the Canadian Olympic Basketball Team missing a lay-up.
LOL, no it was Bart who went for a lay-up, and was no where near getting it in, and the Canadian player said "Whoa, your good, you could play for us". hahahah
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
LOL, no it was Bart who went for a lay-up, and was no where near getting it in, and the Canadian player said "Whoa, your good, you could play for us". hahahah
yeah yeah that was it.