Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-12-2007, 05:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers-Panthers Week 11

Now that we finally had a convincing win, i cant wait for the next 3 games
Hopefully the team is taking it one game at a time though. I would hate for them to be looking ahead at DAL and DET

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will be looking ahead a bit but they'll stay focused to take care of the Panthers. I expect if we get up by alot that McCarthy plays the back ups a little sooner seeing as we have a game on Thursday then.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully we get up early
I still fear the Carolina D, but the O I think we should have no trouble with. Stick Double on Smith and we're fine. Heck Harris and Woodson could probably handle Smith alone based on the play of these Panther QB's.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Who is starting at quarterback for the Panthers? Hopefully David Carr, I want some more sacks out of the defensive line. :D
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Doesnt matter who starts, we still get 10 sacks

Old 11-12-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Now that we finally had a convincing win, i cant wait for the next 3 games
Hopefully the team is taking it one game at a time though. I would hate for them to be looking ahead at DAL and DET
They might not be looking ahead, but I am. This should be a very easy win. If we don't win by at least 10 I'll be a bit dissapointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
They will be looking ahead a bit but they'll stay focused to take care of the Panthers. I expect if we get up by alot that McCarthy plays the back ups a little sooner seeing as we have a game on Thursday then.
It actually could work out great for us. We should have an easy game while Detroit has to play the Giants. I'd like to see Rodgers get significant time to see what he has.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I bet we're underdogs....

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

There's some serious age at QB this week.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

82 years combined if Vinny starts.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitschke-Hawk View Post
There's some serious age at QB this week.
Vinny + Favre=
701TD's
542INT's
105,763Yards
8,972Completions
15,139Attempts
472Starts

Old 11-13-2007, 02:23 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that is keeping the panthers in hunt to make the playoffs is their defense. They've got two good corners, fast linebackers and a solid defensive line. It should be a lot better game than the pack vs. vikings that is for sure. Vinny Testaverde is alot better than Brooks Bollinger.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

David Carr is better than Brooks Bollinger

Old 11-13-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Now thats a toss up.......Carr is about as bad as they come; if he'd learn to get rid of the football maybe it would be a different story but he just sucks

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Favre>Sorgi>Bollinger>Manning
Old 11-14-2007, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

I got the feeling that for the most part we have seen the last of the packers squeaking it out in the 4th quarter and I think winning by 10 points+ is going to happen for most of the remaining games. This team is comming together and the untapped potential is going to begin to show itself.
After the blow out in Minnesota(even with bolinger at quarterback), Ive seen enough. I believe this team is superbowl bound. F@ck dallas, the packer are better than them and more talented. Not by much, but I think the pack will burst that dallas bubble when they meet.
Im convinced, after seeing 10 games Im calling it. The pack is going to the superbowl and the always over-hyped dallas(much like Notre Dame always is)wont stop them. There a very good team, but the packers are going to beat them out this year. The best of this years packers is on the way. I see only there O-line and safety play as a concern, but I dont think its going to stop them.

I know I had lower expectations than most packer fans and had them figured for 6 or 7 wins, but I was way off. I honestly dont think im beeing a homer, I just only see them getting better from here on out. Also it seems that there just arent a lot of impressive teams this year, it just happens the packers are better than most

Last edited by Football Fan : 11-14-2007 at 10:39 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:38 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldnt agree with you more, I guess I was a lot more optimistic than you were though, I thought the Packers were going to go to the playoffs, but I am going to make a bold, and almost storybook ending to Brett Favre's career. Packers over Patriots in Superbowl, he won his first one against them, and this year he is going to get his last one against them.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:29 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
I couldnt agree with you more, I guess I was a lot more optimistic than you were though, I thought the Packers were going to go to the playoffs, but I am going to make a bold, and almost storybook ending to Brett Favre's career. Packers over Patriots in Superbowl, he won his first one against them, and this year he is going to get his last one against them.
I don't think there is any way he retires after this year. Not with the team we have. Even if we win the super bowl, Favre will stay to defend it. He is just having too much fun.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:12 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Now thats a toss up.......Carr is about as bad as they come; if he'd learn to get rid of the football maybe it would be a different story but he just sucks
He has a great arm, but he is a terrible decision maker

Also why am i still talking about carr?

Old 11-14-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I don't think there is any way he retires after this year. Not with the team we have. Even if we win the super bowl, Favre will stay to defend it. He is just having too much fun.

See, I feel that way if they make it to the playoffs and dont advance to the Superbowl, or even if they lose in the superbowl Favre might come back, but if they win it i just dont think he would come back, i mean it is like when Jerome Bettis retired after the steelers superbowl victory, you just want to go out in style, but dont get me wrong i want to see brett favre play another year or two.
Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That happened a lot under Sherman and Holmgren - we would come out flat after a big win. So far I haven't seen it out of McCarthy, but knock on wood because this is the first week where we know we are good AND we crushed our opponent the previous week.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Manuel their starting SS?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From packers.com

Quote:
If it is Testaverde, who has started three games this season, he and Favre would combine to form the oldest starting quarterback duo in NFL history. Testaverde just turned 44 on Tuesday and will be 44 years, 5 days old on Sunday. Favre will be 38 years, 39 days old, making the two a combined 82 years, 44 days old at kickoff.
http://packers.com/news/stories/2007/11/14/2/

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
So is Manuel their starting SS?
No he's their backup. A lot of former Packers return to Lambeau on Sunday though. Mike Whale, Marquand Manuel, Na'il Diggs, and Patrick Dendy will all be back for the first time since being released.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:33 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Just listening to the Mike and Mike Podcast on ESPN radio, they had MM on Tuesday if I'm correct but my point is that MM isn't going to let this team take Carolina lightly.

Chris Mort. from ESPN also said that when Tom Jackson did a story on the D-line he left the Packers practice very impressed with the focus and tempo.

I'm really liking the way MM has kept this team loose but focused, it's actually quite amazing. TT has got to get alot of credit, he took ALOT of heat from everyone about the MM hire.

As for Carolina, they just can't protect the QB and have no weapons other then Steve Smith. I don't expect the Packers to double him but they shouldn't just forget about him either. I expect another comfortable victory. Gonna be a long week for the Packers, but good for us, 2 packers games in the next week, should be fun!

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
Just listening to the Mike and Mike Podcast on ESPN radio, they had MM on Tuesday if I'm correct but my point is that MM isn't going to let this team take Carolina lightly.

Chris Mort. from ESPN also said that when Tom Jackson did a story on the D-line he left the Packers practice very impressed with the focus and tempo.

I'm really liking the way MM has kept this team loose but focused, it's actually quite amazing. TT has got to get alot of credit, he took ALOT of heat from everyone about the MM hire.

As for Carolina, they just can't protect the QB and have no weapons other then Steve Smith. I don't expect the Packers to double him but they shouldn't just forget about him either. I expect another comfortable victory. Gonna be a long week for the Packers, but good for us, 2 packers games in the next week, should be fun!
I don't think we really need to double him, but why not. He's the only guy the have that we should be concerned about. None of their other recievers are even decent. We can stop the run with the front seven, so I wouldn't mind keeping Harris and a safety on him.