Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 11-18-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy that we even kept it close. Reed Doughty and Pierson Prioleau should just go set themselves on fire though.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea im surprised we kept it close too, and even though they shoulda killed us IMO, it was a crushing defeat.... did anyone else think we got screwed on the macintosh int, i didnt see enough evidence to overturn the call

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just hope we don't have to play you guys week 17.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what do u mean? home field?

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
yea im surprised we kept it close too, and even though they shoulda killed us IMO, it was a crushing defeat.... did anyone else think we got screwed on the macintosh int, i didnt see enough evidence to overturn the call
Honestly I think it was borderline, I don't think there was a clear enough shot showing his arm wasn't under, but at the same time it wasn't a rediculous reversal.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

i guess, i wont blame the loss on it but it certainly had a major effect on the game, i really didnt think they were gonna overturn it

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what do u mean? home field?
Well if we beat the Packers..than we can afford to give them a game...in which case we would still win the tie-breaker.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-18-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

i cant wait to see that game, i honestly have been doubting the packers and didnt think they were as good as their record when they were around 5-1 but they just keep winning big, cant wait to see how they match against the cowboys

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:54 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game, campbell looked very good and he was picking our secondary apart...I cant believe how open TO was on alot of those passes, as if Romo was looking for anyone else today...I just wish we would run the ball more instead of playing pass happy, id like to see a little more balance early on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Great game, campbell looked very good and he was picking our secondary apart...I cant believe how open TO was on alot of those passes, as if Romo was looking for anyone else today...I just wish we would run the ball more instead of playing pass happy, id like to see a little more balance early on
With 8 in the box you pass with 7 in the box you run....when we go to a 3 wide...we usually have 6 blocking and require our back to beat one guy one on one...we haven't been doing that...

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-18-2007, 07:03 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Good game, by both teams.

Two post game adjustments that the Redskins need to do, or plan for.

EXTEND SEAN TAYLOR. I don't care what he asks for, give it to him. Also, get a big 6'1+ WR. While Campbell was at Auburn, his shortest WR, I believe was 6'1. Campbell was doing great with Kennan fricken McCardell. Imagine if he had a Plexico or TO to throw too...

Campbell isn't used to throwing to the Redskins' midgets.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Roy Williams is much better than Doughty. They shouldn't even be mentioned together.
As a Linebacker maybe.

As Safety, don't think so.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
As a Linebacker maybe.

As Safety, don't think so.
Seriously... I would take Roy Williams any day at safety vs. both of Taylor's replacements.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Seriously... I would take Roy Williams any day at safety vs. both of Taylor's replacements.

And you thought Archuleta sucked. Good riddance.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever View Post
And you thought Archuleta sucked. Good riddance.
??? I have no idea what you are talking about... But at least Roy Williams can tackle. Neither one of those safeties could do that .Yeah Roy blows coverage a lot, but he is still an above-average safety in the league.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:18 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
??? I have no idea what you are talking about... But at least Roy Williams can tackle. Neither one of those safeties could do that .Yeah Roy blows coverage a lot, but he is still an above-average safety in the league.
I hope there are some GMs who feel the same way. He would get shipped so fast.........

With respect to ???, if you thought AA was bad, Williams is worse. Good riddance to both.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:42 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly without being rude shut up, I can't believe a cowboys fan is saying Reed Doughty a no name practice squadder is better than Roy Williams, get out of here, you know thats a lie.

Old 11-19-2007, 05:50 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Honestly without being rude shut up, I can't believe a cowboys fan is saying Reed Doughty a no name practice squadder is better than Roy Williams, get out of here, you know thats a lie.
That's what cowboysforever aka robert_in_bigD does all the time. Even if we win by 20 points, he has something to complain about Roy Williams. He also said that he's probably the worst starting safety in the league, or something like that... He can't get over it and I don't know why. We all know his opinions about Roy, but he can't help himself not to talk about him, saying always the same things. And then, when Roy makes a bad play he starts to say "I told you, I told you".

Hey robert, didn't you say that TO was becoming a JAG and wasn't better of Plaxico Burress? You told us so!

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
1 Well you are being rude

2 You really need to read closely before alleging I think Doughty is better.

3 Roy is a better LB but to say a better Safety is a stretch.

4 There are lots of equally bad Safeties in football. They are so putrid that I would say all suck equally and none are better.

5 Roy is equally bad at SS as the worst SS in the league

6 If Mike Strahan were to play OLB I am sure he would stink too. In fact, he would be among the worst OLB in the game. That would be a better way of analyzing the problem of RW. Above average Dime LBer. Way below average SS.

Last edited by cowboysforever : 11-19-2007 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

Quote:
Funny, actually on of the biggest critiques of Ruy is his inability to wrap up and tackle in coverage.

If you watch enuff Cowboy football, Roy has a tendency to go for kill shot by lowering his shoulder and holding his arms close to his body. He loses tack of the ball and receiver. Many times bashing his own defender.

He is an above average run support guy and seems to tackle better in this small role.

All Hail Roy! All Pro 2008!
Old 11-19-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think you guys do a better job in the draft than FA. Never really been a fan of your spendings on your DL and WRs.

Campbell is impressive though. I like him more than Eli... or anything the Eagles have at QB.
Though last years signings were impressive. By deciding not to spend the house we actually had a very successful offseason while spending not much at all. First with the draft LaRon Landry was an amazing pick. Gives us an elite safety duo for the next 10 years, and after the Archuleta Debacle I think safety was our #1 need. Everyone said we shoulda gone Jamaal Anderson but that would have been the wrong pick. Andre Carter has been amazing this year and Phillip Daniels is a blue collar guy. Pressure on the quarterback and stopping the run is no longer a problem for our D-line. 5th rounder HB Blades is a clone of London Fletcher and will be our starting MLB when Fletcher retires. I am surprised though with his ability to play OLB as well, I didn't think he had the lateral movement to do so, but he is a tackling machine with surprisingly good range. Undrafted Rook Chris Wilson is our speed rusher, while undrafted rookie Lorenzo Alexander has been the biggest steal we have had in so long. He backs up at DT, but recently has played 20-30 plays as an OG, OT, and blocking TE on offense, and surprisingly has not given up a sack yet and is a run blocking mauler. Along with his special teams work he is one of the most versatile players in the league. Next year he should get 40 snaps a game between offense and defense. A very valuable asset. Another undrafted rookie Stephon Heyer looks damn good, better than his former teammate Jared Gaither. How often can you get your RT of the future undrafted. We might not have had any picks other than a first rounder and 3 late rounders but we really got some talent. As far as our free agent singings all were good. London Fletcher was an amazing signing and is the reason why we are such a better D this year. You can argue that he is one of the top 5 LB's playing today. A tackling machine and a playmaker in pass coverage. He is 2nd in the league in tackles. Smoot was a signing that everyone bashed but to be honest he's our best CB right now. He is decent in coverage, makes plays, and somehow since leaving the first time can now tackle really well. Then there are all of those vets we signed for nothing who are making huge impacts. McCardell immediately has made an impact as our 3rd best wideout, while Godfrey was great filling in for Springs. On a side note I was actually surprised when I checked the stats to see Clinton Portis 3rd in the league in rushing yards, he's been bothered by injuries a bit, but he really runs hard as hell, and is one of the best blocking backs I have seen in a while. The majority of his injuries are from blocking because he throws his body at guys 100 pounds heavier than him. He will light up any pass rusher.

Old 11-19-2007, 03:02 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Now all we need to do is get healthy, bring in a tall WR, replacement for Daniels, CB Depth, and we're set :)

I hope we try to go after an unhappy Larry Fitzgerald this offseason. I thought I heard that he wanted out of Arizona earlier this offseason.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

sweet sig, but redskins fans, we are what we are and that is average.... proof; 5-5, 16th ranked offense, 16th ranked defense.... hopefully 8-8 gets us that last wild card spot

Steddy Ambition!
Old 11-19-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
sweet sig, but redskins fans, we are what we are and that is average.... proof; 5-5, 16th ranked offense, 16th ranked defense.... hopefully 8-8 gets us that last wild card spot
It won't, I think we need at least 9 to get in, which will be so tough to do. But just looking at our schedule our next two Tampa and Buffalo are both very winnable games. Of course with this team nothing is a guarantee but I just have a good feeling the way Portis is running, Campbell is throwing, and Moss is back. Sean Taylor should come back soon so that should help tremendously. I do worry about Galloway this week and Lee Evans next week torching us, but if ST is back that shouldn't be an issue. If we win those two will will be at 7-5 in good shape. The next two Chicago and the Giants I think we can split those. We should be Chicago but who knows, and Giants we have a real shot at beating. That would put us at 8-6, then the final two Minnesota and Dallas. We should beat Minnesota, because even with AD we have been good against the run and will stack the box, and we know they have no passing game, Sean Taylor could have 3 INT's in that game. That would put us at 9-6 going into our home game against Dallas for possibly a playoff spot and I am just itching for that rematch. Obviously this is a dream scenario but a very possible one at the same time.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It won't, I think we need at least 9 to get in, which will be so tough to do. But just looking at our schedule our next two Tampa and Buffalo are both very winnable games. Of course with this team nothing is a guarantee but I just have a good feeling the way Portis is running, Campbell is throwing, and Moss is back. Sean Taylor should come back soon so that should help tremendously. I do worry about Galloway this week and Lee Evans next week torching us, but if ST is back that shouldn't be an issue. If we win those two will will be at 7-5 in good shape. The next two Chicago and the Giants I think we can split those. We should be Chicago but who knows, and Giants we have a real shot at beating. That would put us at 8-6, then the final two Minnesota and Dallas. We should beat Minnesota, because even with AD we have been good against the run and will stack the box, and we know they have no passing game, Sean Taylor could have 3 INT's in that game. That would put us at 9-6 going into our home game against Dallas for possibly a playoff spot and I am just itching for that rematch. Obviously this is a dream scenario but a very possible one at the same time.
That last game will be meaningless for the Cowboys. I doubt our key starters play more than a half... if at all. We'll have the playoffs locked up by then so there's no real importance in this game other than it being a rival game.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote