Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jakeys' Lazy-Stylee Mock

I'm just gonna do quick reasons...becuase im lazy ;)

Round 1: CHRIS WILLIAMS OT - Big Ben has been sacked too much...and running for his life too much. Marvel is getting oldish...and Colon is better suited at guard. Enough said.

Round 2: JUSTIN KING CB - I still dont know if corner is a day 1 need yet...but Deshea is about 52 now, and B-Mac hasnt proved much yet. If we are gonna keep on pace with the rest of the AFC for the next coupie of years, we are gonna need another gamechanger in the secondary (Deshea isnt that). I think King can be great...especially with the guidance of Mike Tomlin (stop and think about that for a minute...it gets you excited no:) )

Round 3: JACOB TAMME TE/WR - If you notice the offensive strategy we have been using under Arians...you'll notice its fairly similar to the one he was working with in Indianapolis. i.e spreading out the offence, using multiple TE's, allot of playaction, spreading the TE out wide etc.etc...I think instead of drafting a WR (which are allot more highly scouted), we look to add another athletic TE (i.e like Dallas Clark/K2). I think this would cause a hell of allot of mismatches, Tamme would basically become our 3rd/4th reciever... you could line him up in the slot which would mean the D' had to account for Hines, Holmes, Miller, Tamme which would be allmost impossible...then you throw in Spaeth, Nate and Ced which gives us an absolutely beastly recieving corps. Ben would have a field day! :D

Round 4: SHANNON TEVAGA OG - Kendall Simmons blows...enough said

Round 5: TOMMY BLAKE OLB/DE - I doubt Blake even falls this far. If its true that he just had an arguement with his coach...i would take him in a heartbeat...I think Tomlin would be the ideal coach for a player like Blake. The worst thing that could happen is that he could cause fuss...in which case he would get cut. But thats no big deal...we pretty much cut every 5th round pick anyways. :)

Round 6: BRIAN JOHNSTON DE - Has pretty much the same physical attributes as Brett Keisel (not because he's white) ;) ...but cause he's 6'5"- 280- runs 4.80. I think he would be an ideal replacement for Smith in a few years...he could learn behind one of the best in the game, and then eventually take over. Got a good ammount of upside...could also play nickel/dime DE.

o.k so it aint too lazy

Other players i would like:

- J. Otah (round 2)
- T. Hills (round 3-4)
- Joey Haynos (round 5)
- Kentwan Balmer (round 2)
- Keilen Dykes (round 4)
- Ezra Butler (round 2)
- Beau Bell (round 2)
- Dwight Lowry (round 2)
- Vernon Gholston (round 1)
- Derrick Harvey (round 1)
- Aqib Talib (round 1)

Last edited by Jakey : 11-15-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Jakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a half bad Draft.

If we landed Blake, King and Tamme I'd be stoked.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Blake is stressed out, that was his reason for not playing.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
Well the nfl is alot more stressfull

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:10 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Well the nfl is alot more stressfull
i think thats debatable

college athletes... gotta keep their grades up, learn playbooks, always gotta lift / workout, gotta stay away from the school social scene or make sure you don't get in trouble

in the pro's... football is really your only concern

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Pros is easier to handle as well. It becomes like a job and you get used to the distractions. All of that on a young college player could get to him.

To the draft, I like it alot. I'd love to land King in the 2nd round. I think he'll be a great corner and he has great speed to take to the pro game. Blake would be a steal that late I think he'll end up going 3rd round.

Williams in the first is a solid pick. Not flashy but it is definately our biggest need.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Link?

Proof?

No one knows... this reeks of accepting a Rumor/Opinion as fact.

Old 11-15-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
Link?

Proof?

No one knows... this reeks of accepting a Rumor/Opinion as fact.
I assumed it was common knowledge.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/hotlist.html

Blake himself says hes overwhelmed with stress.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
I assumed it was common knowledge.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/features/hotlist.html

Blake himself says hes overwhelmed with stress.
I have a guy that told me that he wasn't overwhelmed with Stress. But that there was a spat between him and his coach.

Do you know why he was stressed?

I do.

Last edited by Mr. Stiller : 11-15-2007 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have a guy that told me that he wasn't overwhelmed with Stress. But that there was a spat between him and his coach.

Do you know why he was stressed?

I do.
Im gonna believe Tommy Blake not a third party.
Old 11-15-2007, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Im gonna believe Tommy Blake not a third party.
What if Tommy Blake told you the strongside was the left side of the defense?

Old 11-15-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
TheWood56
Rookie

TheWood56 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I also heard Tommy Blake had a falling out with his coach.
TheWood56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What if Tommy Blake told you the strongside was the left side of the defense?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't think i've ever actually lold from a message board before but that just did it.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 02:07 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't think i've ever actually lold from a message board before but that just did it.
watch out... you all may get neg repped!

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote