Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-15-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default child support

just thought we needed a thread to vent our feelings towards this awful "law" that always screws the guy over.

My cousin just got pinched for 6 months for not paying it. The only way hes gonna get out is if we get him 2500$. his current wife doesnt work, they didnt have much money to begin with. There trying to sell his truck. Im thinking of getting a job and gettin him out to. his wife told me he was actually crying when he got the news, hes already in jail. im gonna visit him either this weekend or on thanksgiving. his freakin ex wife is such a *****

anyone else got the child support stories
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

where a condom

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

awesome thread by ripdw27.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine if there were no law. 6 months without paying. Your cousin sounds like a jerk.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

umm just my opinion child support is not an awful law, my parents got divorced when i was 5 and my dad never paid it, we struggled very hard to get food, my mom worked 3 jobs just to help us get by.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
just thought we needed a thread to vent our feelings towards this awful "law" that always screws the guy over.

My cousin just got pinched for 6 months for not paying it. The only way hes gonna get out is if we get him 2500$. his current wife doesnt work, they didnt have much money to begin with. There trying to sell his truck. Im thinking of getting a job and gettin him out to. his wife told me he was actually crying when he got the news, hes already in jail. im gonna visit him either this weekend or on thanksgiving. his freakin ex wife is such a *****

anyone else got the child support stories
I got student loans up the ass because my father failed to pay child support nearly every month. I have no respect for anyone who doesn't pay it. None whatsoever.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

CannedToast hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
where a condom
Mostly you can buy them in stores.

Every once and a while child support screws over someone who didn't deserve to be screwed over. Most of the time, however, it's your own damn fault. If you can't afford kids, don't have one.
CannedToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannedToast View Post
Mostly you can buy them in stores.

Every once and a while child support screws over someone who didn't deserve to be screwed over. Most of the time, however, it's your own damn fault. If you can't afford kids, don't have one.
Yeah, it screws over the family that the guy never pays.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-15-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

idk man its just she doesnt even care about the kids shes just going after him. shes got waaay more money then he does. its just not right she doesnt treat the kids good either.

i guess im really just ticked off cuz my cousins a good guy n shes a witch. and i also think one of the reasons he wasnt paying was cuz she got arrested.
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
where a condom
Where indeed. That's how he got into this mess.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
idk man its just she doesnt even care about the kids shes just going after him. shes got waaay more money then he does. its just not right she doesnt treat the kids good either.

i guess im really just ticked off cuz my cousins a good guy n shes a witch. and i also think one of the reasons he wasnt paying was cuz she got arrested.
Then he should file for custody or file that she should not have full-time custody due to her getting arrested.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-15-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
Yeah, it screws over the family that the guy never pays.
Actually, there are instances where someone who is not the biological father has to pay. And in those instances he shouldn't have to.

But nice job being biased.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Birth Control is 90 bucks for 3 months worth.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Actually, there are instances where someone who is not the biological father has to pay. And in those instances he shouldn't have to.

But nice job being biased.
I'll be biased as hell because I have lived through that situation. I'm sorry for your cousin, but he should pay it nonetheless. If he can prove that she is not spending the money on him deliberately he can take her to court. I know all of it is a long drawn out process, but it is entitled to help the child, not the father. I would personally feel better if child support laws were enforced better, but they are not and many families, like my own, suffer because of it.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-15-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
Thats a gym membership!? I know what i'd be getting, just let the little suckers run free
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
6 months for i think 50 or 60 bucks at Planned Parenthood.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-15-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
6 months for i think 50 or 60 bucks at Planned Parenthood.
I dont know where my girl goes, but I know its 90 over 3 months.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
I think it is different everywhere, but yeah it is not cheap and that is why there are a lot of teenage pregnancies. That and teenagers are stupid and condoms are much less effective than birth control.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Old 11-15-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
I'll be biased as hell because I have lived through that situation. I'm sorry for your cousin, but he should pay it nonetheless. If he can prove that she is not spending the money on him deliberately he can take her to court. I know all of it is a long drawn out process, but it is entitled to help the child, not the father. I would personally feel better if child support laws were enforced better, but they are not and many families, like my own, suffer because of it.
Not my cousin.

Anyways, when you come off being biased no one is going to really care what you have to say. Should the laws be enforced better? Yes. Are some fathers still being screwed over by the system as well? Yes.

Calm down, have some pie.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
CannedToast
Rookie

Quote:
In Canada it's like $5 a month.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:36 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
In Canada it's like $5 a month.
I wish it was $5 a month here.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-15-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

birth control is fun and all, but it really ruins a women's insides after a while, and in the long run is very dangerous...

Call me crazy, but if I care about a girl, I would rather just not do it then make her take birth control.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wish it was $5 a month here.
hey, at least we don't live in Canada...

;) :D

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
birth control is fun and all, but it really ruins a women's insides after a while, and in the long run is very dangerous...

Call me crazy, but if I care about a girl, I would rather just not do it then make her take birth control.
Girls dont just take birth control for the reason of not getting pregnant. They take it to keep their period on a schedule. I would never make a girl take birth control. Girls just choose to.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 11-15-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Quote:
Girls dont just take birth control for the reason of not getting pregnant. They take it to keep their period on a schedule. I would never make a girl take birth control. Girls just choose to.
Agree with you there. Plus it is also dependent on how long a girl is on birth control and at what age. I believe that 5 years is when complications really start arising and also taking Birth Control over the age of 30 or 35 is when it starts getting dangerous. I could be wrong because I am just taking that from my memory. The key thing is that you don't make her take it, she chooses to.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote: