Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-16-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Ovechkin vs. Crosby

I know we have a NHL discussion thread, but i just had to post this. This is the Wade vs. Lebron debate of the NHL. They are the two best young stars in the NHL and are in the top five in points. If you had to pick one of these guys to start a team with, who would you take?

I took Ovechkin just because he is funner to watch. And because i'm russian
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crosby every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would take the five dollars it takes to purchase an NHL team and buy a snowcone instead.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watch my boy, Jenya Malkin, surpass both in a couple of years.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Is Malkin on the same line as Crosby? Because if so he will never surpass him.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
Quote:
No, but they play together at times.

I made that statement half-jokingly. It'll be pretty hard for ANYONE to surpass Sid, but Malkin does have the ability to be an AWESOME player.

Ovechkin is already very good, but I acctually believe that he can be even better. His passing and D still need work. And he should be better at both.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crosby every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

(Disclaimer: I am very biased on this debate)

Ovechkin

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No, but they play together at times.

I made that statement half-jokingly. It'll be pretty hard for ANYONE to surpass Sid, but Malkin does have the ability to be an AWESOME player.

Ovechkin is already very good, but I acctually believe that he can be even better. His passing and D still need work. And he should be better at both.
I just said that because if they were on the same line Crosby would always make him look better than he actually is.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Well Malkin is VERY good on his own.

When he and Ovechkin were being drafted, a lot of scouts called them "1a" and "1b".

According to various reports, Ovechkin was a better scorer, but Malkin had a better all-around game.

So far, that has been fairly accurate, though Malkin's all-around game still has room for improvement.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink

AO NOT CLOSE
Old 02-16-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfreak123
AO NOT CLOSE
:shock:

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo
Quote:
AO NOT CLOSE
The casual hockey fan will always say Ovechkin because of flashy goals.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crosby.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:44 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
AO NOT CLOSE
yep, that's me. He's had some sick goals.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
AO NOT CLOSE
Hell, I'm a casual hockey fan too, but I'm not 'mentally handicapped'. (Love the censorship)

Thanks jkpigskin!
Old 02-16-2007, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not sure how you can not pick Sidney Crosby . . . Ovechkin is great and all, but Crosby is freakin' amazing.

His passing ability makes his linemates better, so he actually improves the teams play even more.
Old 02-16-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
AO NOT CLOSE
Hell, I'm a casual hockey fan too, but I'm not 'mentally handicapped'. (Love the censorship)
Well let's just wait for the test results to come back before we jump to any brash conculsions.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Pens are not only building a team around Sid, they're building a dynasty.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Alexander The Great and I say this has an extremely biased Caps fan. He's the best all-around player in the league. The only reason people will say Crosby is because of the media hype.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing
Alexander The Great and I say this has an extremely biased Caps fan. He's the best all-around player in the league. The only reason people will say Crosby is because of the media hype.
:roll: Wow. Even Jagr is a better all around player.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
The only reason people will say Crosby is because of the media hype.
The fact that he's lapping the field in points doesn't hurt either.
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9
Quote:
The only reason people will say Crosby is because of the media hype.
The fact that he's lapping the field in points doesn't hurt either.
Points are overrated.

So are wins.

And Plus/minus.

It's all about flashy goals, thats what wins championships.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Old 02-16-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm a big fan of AO, but he's not the best all-around player in the league.

He might be the best goal-scorer, but his passing and D need work.
Old 02-16-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's very close, if Crosby had a more physical game he'd be alot better than Ovechkin but since he doesn't, it's Crosby by quite abit.