Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-17-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cavs/Magic will be fun. No one on the Cavs can stop Dwight, but no one on the Magic can stop LeBron. Then again, we didn't match up very well with Pierce either, but we contained him pretty well this series.

If we feed Dwight, he might go for 30/20 all series. That might help balance out LeBron's nightly 40/8/8.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

Haha, with Tracy McGrady and Paul Pierce (pre KG/Allen), the most games Rivers ever won was 45. He's a nobody.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Sniper, I could have coached that Celtics team to the NBA Finals.
That doesn't change the fact that Rivers was a winner, not a loser in that situation. Also, everyone says how easy it was, but I bet the majority of those people are also the ones who thought the Lakers would crush the Celtics.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Haha, with Tracy McGrady and Paul Pierce (pre KG/Allen), the most games Rivers ever won was 45. He's a nobody.
It was meant to be taken in the word's most literal sense.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That doesn't change the fact that Rivers was a winner, not a loser in that situation. Also, everyone says how easy it was, but I bet the majority of those people are also the ones who thought the Lakers would crush the Celtics.
I'm a Kings fan. I don't particularly care for either team, so i guess my opinion is valid.

I bet you also think John Salley is one of the greatest of all time, because he's a winner ;)
Old 05-17-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
It was meant to be taken in the word's most literal sense.
Even though you knew particularly well that that was not how Burns meant it? You really are the master of the straw man.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
I'm a Kings fan. I don't particularly care for either team, so i guess my opinion is valid.

I bet you also think John Salley is one of the greatest of all time, because he's a winner ;)
No, because Tim Tebow is the best at everything after Charles Woodson. ;)
Old 05-17-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Even though you knew particularly well that that was not how Burns meant it? You really are the master of the straw man.
Absolutely. I do what I can.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just so all you guys know, I'm spreading rep to everyone who has made a single vaguely pro-Orlando statement in the last three hours--- I'm that happy.

If I missed you tell me.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Dude, anyone who is handed a team starting 3 HOFers doesn't need to do much. You just let them play. The Lakers were soft on the inside and couldn't match the **** talking of the Celtics. They played scared to be honest.

With Pierce and a decent supporting cast and with T-Mac and decent supporting class he is a sub-500 coach. (Pathetic in a WEAK eastern conference during that time)

He was up 3-1 in a series with T-Mac and lost. Who is the real master of panic?

SVG would have a title right now if Pat Riley didn't hijack that Heat team.

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-17-2009 at 10:41 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Sniper, I could have coached that Celtics team to the NBA Finals.
I could say the same thing about every championship team in NBA history.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to the Magic!!!!!!
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
He was up 3-1 in a series with T-Mac and lost. Who is the real master of panic?
I don't agree with people inherently being winners or losers, but it's not like having T-Mac is important to your argument.

Quote:
SVG would have a title right now if Pat Riley didn't hijack that Heat team.
And Rivers has a title already, I don't see your point.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I could say the same thing about every championship team in NBA history.
No, you couldn't.

Not every team who has won a championship has had a coach who was nothing special at all until he inherited 2 HOFers to go with the 1 he already had, not to mention some great role players.

Doc is a nothing coach. It showed before, and it will show again when these old turds retire.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I don't agree with people inherently being winners or losers, but it's not like having T-Mac is important to your argument.

And Rivers has a title already, I don't see your point.
I smell a HOMER

Being up 3-1 and not closing the deal is a CHOKE. no other way to put it. Especially when you have a premier player.

Rivers road coat tails to that title, he didn't coach to it.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Congrats to the Magic!!!!!!
Yes, I almost forgot this part. Hell of a game 7 from the Magic. It sounds like sour grapes from me tonight, but there was never any doubt in my mind that the Magic were the better team (after KG got hurt, but that's how it works), and they proved it tonight.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
No, you couldn't.

Not every team who has won a championship has had a coach who was nothing special at all until he inherited 2 HOFers to go with the 1 he already had, not to mention some great role players.

Doc is a nothing coach. It showed before, and it will show again when these old turds retire.
I'm not a Doc Rivers fan in any way. I wanted him canned last year during the playoff run. But come on, none of the titles won recently were done by superior coaching, with the exception of maybe the Pistons. All the teams that have won have had the most talent. Example: Every Phil Jackson team that has won.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
I smell a HOMER

Being up 3-1 and not closing the deal is a CHOKE. no other way to put it. Especially when you have a premier player.

Rivers road coat tails to that title, he didn't coach to it.
How does a coach choke?
Old 05-17-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm not a Doc Rivers fan in any way. I wanted him canned last year during the playoff run. But come on, none of the titles won recently were done by superior coaching, with the exception of maybe the Pistons. All the teams that have won have had the most talent. Example: Every Phil Jackson team that has won.
Greg Popavich and Larry Brown are stud coaches.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
How does a coach choke?
By not winning just 1 more game and letting the other team win 3 straight. Especially when you have an elite player in the league in his prime.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Greg Popavich and Larry Brown are stud coaches.
Sure, but it doesn't change the fact that a team with the talent of the Spurs is going to win more often than it loses.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
The Spurs always won with Duncan and a bunch of decent players.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

The Polish Hammer will rape all of you.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
By not winning just 1 more game and letting the other team win 3 straight. Especially when you have an elite player in the league in his prime.
That's completely correct. Doc Rivers is the one who shot 39% from the field tonight. Doc Rivers is the one who made 4-16 3s. Doc Rivers is the one who allowed is the one who allowed the Magic to shoot over 50% from the field, including over 60% from three. Choker.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
The Pistons were the better team that year. It's amazing that they did as well as they did against Detroit with that line-up.