Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm not sure how I want the Nets to go. Chase would be a perfect fit for us, as would Clark. then again, Ellington and Henderson both fit too. dammit, we could also use a scoring PF. I wonder if we consider trading up for Hill...hmmm
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
And the rest of the league says hello back.

I'm sorry, but Brandon Stokely and Anthony Gonzales aren't going to get me to drop my jaw either. ZOMGZZ they can catch passes from the best QB in the league??

Either way, you can pick out a few exceptions but you're just proving my point. For every white guy who is a pro bowl player, their are 10 others with equal ability that are black.

None of those guys you named are even the best at their position which should tell you something.
Except Jared Allen and Urlacher a few years ago right?

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Nash has a great shot.
I didn't say it wasn't great.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Um yes, there is. Black people are much better athletes. I can't believe you guys are trying to fight me on this.

Call the PC police, we've got some pussies who can't handle reality.
Wow. Is dark skin more aerodynamic or something?

White people are better CEOs. After all, the vast majority of CEOs are white.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OMG not the skin color thing

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Rubio has been playing pro ball since he was 15. That is much different than Jennings tearing up a bunch of HS players. Yes, Jennings' game might translate better to the NBA, and he might have a higher ceiling. But if I was taking a PG for my team, I would take the player that has a good head of his shoulders. Not someone who can't pass the SATs.
I doubt LeBron was going to be off the charts on his SATs hahah, or Kobe or Dwight for that matter.

I don't care if the guy knows how to do geometry or how he does on the reading comprehension section. I care how he plays ball.

Like I said, Rubio will be a solid starter IMO. But if you're picking in the top 3 it's because you suck. Do you want a solid starter with a limited bust factor, or do you want a potential star with a higher bust factor.

Obviously, if you were running a team, you would go with the safer pick. If I was running the team, I'd roll the dice. Just a difference of opinion.

No reason for you guys to get your panties in a bunch because I went sideways of the ESPN projections.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i wish everyone in the world was rainbow colored...

and that we'd stop this stupid debate before **** hits the fan and bad things happen
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
Wow. Is dark skin more aerodynamic or something?

White people are better CEOs. After all, the vast majority of CEOs are white.
Not sure if you're trying to prove my point for me or what?

You guys really need to get over this ******** that the media feeds us about all of us being equal. We're not. The Japanese and Indians (not native americans) are smarter than we are, the blacks are more athletic, and we have our own advantages. Everyone's got a niche.

Now, this isn't to say if your skin is a certain color than you can't do something. I'm just playing the percentages. The majority of people with a certain skin color are better than the majority of people with another skin color at certain things. So I categorize them as such. I don't understand why it is so taboo to say black people are superior athletes when it's a fact.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope all the race stuff gets deleted. Instead we should be talking about basketball, like Ricky Rubio! He speaks the Englishs good!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Except Jared Allen and Urlacher a few years ago right?
debatable. Jared Allen was never the clear cut best DE in the league, and he isn't right now either. Nor was Urlacher. Both are great, but I can find some guys I like better.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
trekindude
Rookie

trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

In before racism. Oh wait...
trekindude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Not sure if you're trying to prove my point for me or what?

You guys really need to get over this ******** that the media feeds us about all of us being equal. We're not. The Japanese and Indians (not native americans) are smarter than we are, the blacks are more athletic, and we have our own advantages. Everyone's got a niche.

Now, this isn't to say if your skin is a certain color than you can't do something. I'm just playing the percentages. The majority of people with a certain skin color are better than the majority of people with another skin color at certain things. So I categorize them as such. I don't understand why it is so taboo to say black people are superior athletes when it's a fact.
Educate yourself. Trust me, you will be better off for it.

I suggest you start off here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correla...mply_causation
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just love how he looks like a tall high school sophomore. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekindude View Post
In before racism. Oh wait...
Oh ok, so now I'm racist.

******* idiots.

2 of my best friends are black, you morons. Not to mention I have a black uncle and my cousins wife and kid are both black.
Old 05-20-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
trekindude
Rookie

trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.trekindude wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Who said you were being racist to black people?
trekindude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but Brandon Stokely and Anthony Gonzales aren't going to get me to drop my jaw either. ZOMGZZ they can catch passes from the best QB in the league??
Neither Brandon Stokley nor Anthony Gonzalez has ever caught a single pass from Tom Brady.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

ok, so let's kill all the race talk right now. got it?

so James Harden: he's getting lots of hype but I didn't really see it as deserved during the tourney, thoughts?

Also, Sean Williams> Lebron. true story
Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Neither Brandon Stokley nor Anthony Gonzalez has ever caught a single pass from Mike Teel.
duh, he hasn't thrown an NFL pass yet.

couldn't help it. cut any talk of race...NOW
Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Neither Brandon Stokley nor Anthony Gonzalez has ever caught a single pass from Tom Brady.
Ha, sorry snipe. 2nd best. We all know Michigan put Brady over the top...
Old 05-20-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ha, sorry snipe. 2nd best. We all know Michigan put Brady over the top...
Michigan didn't, but it does bother me that people say that Brady never played at Michigan. Dude was 20-5 as a starter with a BCS bowl win, bitches.

Looks like this is the NBA thread, not the Best QB or Race thread. Let's keep it that way. Ricky Rubio FTW!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

NBA DISCUSSION!
Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Bad move by the Clips IMO. Takes away a lot of leverage in trying to trade ZBo/Kaman/Camby. 100% right decision on who to take though.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post
Bad move by the Clips IMO. Takes away a lot of leverage in trying to trade ZBo/Kaman/Camby. 100% right decision on who to take though.
What leverage? They'd be stupid to trade Camby, most teams will willingly take Kaman, and probably no one will take ZBo. They're at the same place they were, and regardless of what they would've said, everyone would have gone ahead and assumed they were taking Griffin. Now, if anything, it just gives some certainty so that teams that could possibly be interested in a Kaman can pitch their offers right away.
Old 05-20-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
What leverage? They'd be stupid to trade Camby, most teams will willingly take Kaman, and probably no one will take ZBo. They're at the same place they were, and regardless of what they would've said, everyone would have gone ahead and assumed they were taking Griffin. Now, if anything, it just gives some certainty so that teams that could possibly be interested in a Kaman can pitch their offers right away.
They could try to send out smokescreens that they want Rubio. Then they wouldn't seem to have such a logjam at PF/C, and not as desperate to move one of their bigs. Now teams know they have to move one of them. I'm not sure about Kaman's value being too high right now either. He's owed over $30 million the next three years, and between the economy, teams not wanting to take on too much money trying to stay under the luxury tax, and the big 2010 FA period only a year away, that might be a tough contract to sell. Add in the fact that he's missed the equivalent of half the season for the past two years, and his production tailed off when he did play last year, they're not likely to get much value off of him as they'd like. Camby might be the most likely candidate to be traded, whether its a good basketball move or not. He's expiring and not in the team's future plans. Considering we're talking about a team that traded Brand and gave Baron $65 million, you can't always assume they'll make the most logical moves too.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

See, I always have a problem with people talking about the big 2010 FA class. There's only like five big names that are for sure coming out, and a handful of others with ETOs. People act like it's a draft class. Very few of those names are going to leave, and it's more than likely only going to be to the bigger markets.

As for Kaman, his value isn't particularly high, but very few teams have a true Big and they'd have no issue in taking him, injuries or not. A likely option is one of the aging playoff teams. But realistically, the Clips were desperate to move one of their big contracts before this fell into their laps. Now they've just been given a good reason to make it happen.