Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
48/8/6 is complacent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Let's read the first part of my first sentence again.
I did. Explain how he was complacent in the first place?

I mean, LeBron had almost 50 points. And despire the critiques about Mo's game tonight, he managed to score 17 points, which are about what you expect from him.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I mean, LeBron had almost 50 points. And despire the critiques about Mo's game tonight, he managed to score 17 points, which are about what you expect from him.

It was a very inefficient 17. He shot 6-19, which is not what you expect from him.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOO HOO. I so called this win. :) I bet $20 on a 2 team parlay that the Magic would win at +400 and that they would score over 184.5 and it paid out $170.91
Old 05-20-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
It was a very inefficient 17. He shot 6-19, which is not what you expect from him.
Exactly. Taking 19 shots, he should have scored somewhere in the 20s. 17 was way too low. Mo is usually a very efficient player and he was taking wide open shots. Just couldn't hit them. That's not Mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

So I say "despite the stats" and you use stats to back up your rebuttal? Hmm. And honestly, look at Mo's percentages.

But I don't know. I'm just going off watching the game. Can't use any piece of evidence from the box score. He just puts so much faith in his teammates it actually ends up being a bad thing if they can't make shots. There were points in virtually every quarter where he could have single-handedly put away the game, but he either let Mo and Tay do a two-man game or he simply passed up shots. Really, in the first quarter the game could have been over. He's clearly unguardable, and he went at about the same pace the entire game, rather than really turning it up early and completely ending the game. He could've gone for 50 in less time, to be perfectly honest, especially with the foul calls they were giving him.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Exactly. Taking 19 shots, he should have scored somewhere in the 20s. 17 was way too low. Mo is usually a very efficient player and he was taking wide open shots. Just couldn't hit them. That's not Mo.
Every time I see your post I end up looking at your avatar for like 5 minutes wondering what she is doing. First it looks like she is putting mascara on, then she is going to a show, then she is pointing to a pimple on her chin.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I say "despite the stats" and you use stats to back up your rebuttal? Hmm. And honestly, look at Mo's percentages.

But I don't know. I'm just going off watching the game. Can't use any piece of evidence from the box score. He just puts so much faith in his teammates it actually ends up being a bad thing if they can't make shots. There were points in virtually every quarter where he could have single-handedly put away the game, but he either let Mo and Tay do a two-man game or he simply passed up shots. Really, in the first quarter the game could have been over. He's clearly unguardable, and he went at about the same pace the entire game, rather than really turning it up early and completely ending the game. He could've gone for 50 in less time, to be perfectly honest, especially with the foul calls they were giving him.
LeBron's almost always going to try to make the smart play. Even when Mo isn't hitting well for a game, the Cavs know he's capable of hitting any shot he takes, regardless of whether he's missed the last 10 or made them. LeBron's going to have confidence in him. At the end, I think Pietrus falling saved them, he blocked LeBron's path to the rim.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Any post game picture taking for the Cavs?
Yeah.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LeBron's almost always going to try to make the smart play. Even when Mo isn't hitting well for a game, the Cavs know he's capable of hitting any shot he takes, regardless of whether he's missed the last 10 or made them. LeBron's going to have confidence in him. At the end, I think Pietrus falling saved them, he blocked LeBron's path to the rim.
Yeah, that's his problem. He takes being a good teammate almost too far sometimes. What he should have learned from Kobe this summer was how to play me-ball when it's time.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah, that's his problem. He takes being a good teammate almost too far sometimes. What he should have learned from Kobe this summer was how to play me-ball when it's time.
He scored 49 points, he played enough me ball. I know that when it's time, if he has to, he will. If we win game 2, Magic win game 3, and it's tight in game 4 I know LeBron James will take over that game. LeBron knows how to play me ball in the ECF. See Game 5 in 2007. That was textbook me-ball. He'll turn to that when it's necessary.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're Cleveland you would think they may be a little concerned. They have one true mismatch and we may very well have three. AV cannot stop Rashard at all, Z cant stop Dwight and if you double, you're screwed, and no one could stop 6'10 Hedo off of the pick and roll.

Orlando completely shut them down in the 3rd quarter. Whenever Lee was on West, he couldnt get any separation, he didnt even attempt a shot on Lee. His open looks came in the 1st and late in the game when focused shifted to Lebron. Manning up on him, he couldn't do anything. Mo's shot wasnt falling but, the majority of his open looks came on rotations when we were focusing on Lebron more as well. Now, he can still beat us but, this is the same way we played him last time, where he struggled. AV was open through the back door only in the 1st half until we adjusted...and that Cavs bench, isnt scaring anyone. Orlando's bench trumped them tonight and it wasn't even close.

I'm not saying I would favor Orlando now but, after the 1st quarter...this was a completely different game and Orlando's mismatch's did shine through and the Cavs had no answer. Again, this one is anyone's series.

I didnt think there was a chance we were winning this one after the 1st half even but, just look what happens when Lewis and Turkoglu get involved.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay ESPN will all be talking about the Cavs losing now

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
garrard9
Rookie

garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.garrard9 could make a wolverine purr.

No matter what anybody says, we all know Kobe would have taken that shot, not pass it off... We will see the mental ability of LeBron to bounce back in Game 2. It's obvious he will never pass it up again.

sig by jkpigskin
garrard9 is offline   Reply With Quote
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
If you're Cleveland you would think they may be a little concerned. They have one true mismatch and we may very well have three. AV cannot stop Rashard at all, Z cant stop Dwight and if you double, you're screwed, and no one could stop 6'10 Hedo off of the pick and roll.

Orlando completely shut them down in the 3rd quarter. Whenever Lee was on West, he couldnt get any separation, he didnt even attempt a shot on Lee. His open looks came in the 1st and late in the game when focused shifted to Lebron. Manning up on him, he couldn't do anything. Mo's shot wasnt falling but, the majority of his open looks came on rotations when we were focusing on Lebron more as well. Now, he can still beat us but, this is the same way we played him last time, where he struggled. AV was open through the back door only in the 1st half until we adjusted...and that Cavs bench, isnt scaring anyone. Orlando's bench trumped them tonight and it wasn't even close.

I'm not saying I would favor Orlando now but, after the 1st quarter...this was a completely different game and Orlando's mismatch's did shine through and the Cavs had no answer. Again, this one is anyone's series.

I didnt think there was a chance we were winning this one after the 1st half even but, just look what happens when Lewis and Turkoglu get involved.

The Cavs defense changed. I still stand by the belief that Howard won't kill us by himself. When we let Howard dominate Z/whoever, we were winning. When we started to key in on Howard, other guys started knocking down open looks. When we focused on those guys again, they were already in rhythm and knocking down contested shots. Howard slowed their offense down. It's weird, but they played much, much better with Gortat.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrard9 View Post
No matter what anybody says, we all know Kobe would have taken that shot, not pass it off... We will see the mental ability of LeBron to bounce back in Game 2. It's obvious he will never pass it up again.
LeBron was GOING to take that shot till Pietrus fell down in his way.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-20-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
yay ESPN will all be talking about the Cavs losing now
They would NEVER do that to the Lakers. They could have lost 10 in a row during the regular season and they would still talk about them being the best team in the league.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by garrard9 View Post
Kobe doesnt pass the ball to begin with so no matter what the situation is you can count on Kobe shooting.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Cavs defense changed. I still stand by the belief that Howard won't kill us by himself. When we let Howard dominate Z/whoever, we were winning. When we started to key in on Howard, other guys started knocking down open looks. When we focused on those guys again, they were already in rhythm and knocking down contested shots. Howard slowed their offense down. It's weird, but they played much, much better with Gortat.
They tend to play very well with Gortat in there, this is true.

But anyway, you guys outplayed us for basically one quarter...and the energy level was completely opposite at the time. Cleveland came out storming and Orlando looked flat. The 2nd quarter was a wash and then it was pretty much all Magic. With varying defensive looks against. Howard can destroy Z all day...they're going to have to double every now and then. This isnt a Perkins type matchup, it's a big mismatch in Dwight's favor this time around. He's not going to have a problem getting deep in the paint for the duration of the series. Now he actually gets a chance to show off his baby hook instead of those long runners. The baby hook is actually a high percentage shot for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-20-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
He scored 49 points, he played enough me ball. I know that when it's time, if he has to, he will. If we win game 2, Magic win game 3, and it's tight in game 4 I know LeBron James will take over that game. LeBron knows how to play me ball in the ECF. See Game 5 in 2007. That was textbook me-ball. He'll turn to that when it's necessary.
Right. Game 5 '07. That was. That's also one instance. He needs to learn how to do it consistently. He didn't play "me ball" tonight. He's just a monster and shot incredibly efficiently. But to each his own. I can't imagine him doing anything but coming out swinging next game, so it should be a sight to see.

Oh and if Burns is getting credit for his prediction, sweetness should too. Lee, save for one nice play, looked extremely hesitant out there.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

He dunked over Lebron. I wouldnt call that hesitant. And he was the player they were looking for when needing a basket to take the lead for the 1st time. He came up short on an open jumper. He didnt look shaken at all, he guarded Lebron pretty tight except when he was taken out on a screen and West couldnt separate from him at all. Courtney looked fine. He's still working his way back with his offensive game but, he wasnt bad at all.

Also, he took Orlando's 2nd shot of the game, driving to the lane. Not hesitant. He should get better and better as the series wears on. No one is worrying about a "rattled" Courtney Lee. He was absolutely fine out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-21-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LeBron was GOING to take that shot till Pietrus fell down in his way.
What the **** is your avatar?

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Where are the people with me in their sig quote?

Where are those of you making fun of me for calling game 1?

I'm a god damn prophet son, and tonight the Cavs got LeShit-on

1 up. Home court is ours.

I like our matchups. Been saying it all along.

Can someone tell me how true this is since I didn't see the game... My brother said LeBron got "a bunch of calls in the 4th" and the someone else told me it was called pretty evenly?

I'm trying to get a feel for what went on.

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-21-2009 at 12:07 AM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Where are the people with me in their sig quote?

Where are those of you making fun of me for calling game 1?

I'm a god damn prophet son, and tonight the Cavs got LeShit-on

1 up. Home court is ours.

I like our matchups. Been saying it all along.

Can someone tell me how true this is since I didn't see the game... My brother said LeBron got "a bunch of calls in the 4th" and the someone else told me it was called pretty evenly?

I'm trying to get a feel for what went on.
I would say that LeBron drew a bullhocky foul on Dwight late in the fourth for Dwight's sixth foul, and even before that the refs were arguably favoring the Cavs.

But I won't, because then people will call me a homer.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well Burns, your boy Turkoglu, has 26 assists in the last two games and has been unstoppable late in games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-21-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
I would say that LeBron drew a bullhocky foul on Dwight late in the fourth for Dwight's sixth foul, and even before that the refs were arguably favoring the Cavs.

But I won't, because then people will call me a homer.
I mean, I know coming into the series that going up against the best player in the game in his house that there was going to be the normal "advantage" I just wasn't sure if it was crazy biased or if it was even.

I only saw the first quarter and I thought it was good officiating. Damn, wish I could of seen this game.

where is TheDecider? Didn't feel like showing up to the after party?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote