Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Well Burns, your boy Turkoglu, has 26 assists in the last two games and has been unstoppable late in games.
Wish I could of seen it MOTH.

Look, I hope he proves me wrong. I'd love to see him pull a switch on me and force feed me crow.

In the first I couldn't understand why he wasn't posting up West?

Did they ever post him up or did the match ups change or what?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
Kobe doesnt pass the ball to begin with so no matter what the situation is you can count on Kobe shooting.
I think this knock on Kobe is pretty much 2005 ish.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Wish I could of seen it MOTH.

Look, I hope he proves me wrong. I'd love to see him pull a switch on me and force feed me crow.

In the first I couldn't understand why he wasn't posting up West?

Did they ever post him up or did the match ups change or what?
He was def. playing lackadaisically, if we ever see that matchup again, you would hope to exploit the hell out of it. Hedo and Rashard both played horribly in the 1st. Some reason Rashard was passing up open jumpers and opting to drive instead, right into their big bodies. Which is all fine in good sometimes but, his jump shot and three ball are so important in this series. Completely different than the last. Took him a long time to figure that out tonight. As for Hedo, I dont know what was going on there. You have 7 inches on the guy. West is good defensive talent but, he isnt keeping Hedo out of the paint and he cant contest his jump shot. This was even prior to the trap they started to run after a while. Struggling to score while being trapped is one thing but not attacking when you have a big mismatch early in the game is pretty inexcusable. They came out real flat, that was obvious but, once they settled in we saw how much of mismatch we really have in Hedo and Rashard.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I think Kobe passes too much at the beginning of games to be honest.

I know he's just trying to get his guys involved first, but sometimes I feel like he passes up "Kobe" shots.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think Kobe passes too much at the beginning of games to be honest.

I know he's just trying to get his guys involved first, but sometimes I feel like he passes up "Kobe" shots.
It's a double standard.. If he turns into an all out scorer, he's a ball hog. When he tries to get his teammates involved (which he is average at to begin with), he's not doing enough. Unfortunately for him, he can't really seem to find the balance of it.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He was def. playing lackadaisically, if we ever see that matchup again, you would hope to exploit the hell out of it. Hedo and Rashard both played horribly in the 1st. Some reason Rashard was passing up open jumpers and opting to drive instead, right into their big bodies. Which is all fine in good sometimes but, his jump shot and three ball are so important in this series. Completely different than the last. Took him a long time to figure that out tonight. As for Hedo, I dont know what was going on there. You have 7 inches on the guy. West is good defensive talent but, he isnt keeping Hedo out of the paint and he cant contest his jump shot. This was even prior to the trap they started to run after a while. Struggling to score while being trapped is one thing but not attacking when you have a big mismatch early in the game is pretty inexcusable. They came out real flat, that was obvious but, once they settled in we saw how much of mismatch we really have in Hedo and Rashard.
Hopefully they'll see some things in the tape and throw it in for friday.

I predicted us to lose on friday, because I don't think there is any way we take the first 2 in Cleveland, but oh man.. if only...
Old 05-21-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I dont know if you saw me post it earlier Burns but, if we do manage to get to the finals...Jameer Nelson told NBATV that he will probably play if Otis Smith will let him. Something to keep an eye on for the future perhaps.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Stan,

I have a fever and the only cure is more Redick.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Also, I dont know if you saw me post it earlier Burns but, if we do manage to get to the finals...Jameer Nelson told NBATV that he will probably play if Otis Smith will let him. Something to keep an eye on for the future perhaps.
You're ******* kidding me? I thought he hadn't even started shooting again yet?

You've gotta think even if that's the case it would only be minimal minutes and he'll probably be rusty. Still a nice option to have though.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I think this knock on Kobe is pretty much 2005 ish.
He averaged like 29 to 30 shots against the Rockets last round and 30 last night. The next closest in shots taken last night was Fisher with like 12. Only the last game against the Rockets, during the blowout, did I not see him shoot that much.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayceheathman View Post
He averaged like 29 to 30 shots against the Rockets last round and 30 last night. The next closest in shots taken last night was Fisher with like 12. Only the last game against the Rockets, during the blowout, did I not see him shoot that much.
He's the best player on the team..

"HELLO.. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"

-Herm Edwards

Old 05-21-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
He's the best player on the team..

"HELLO.. YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!"

-Herm Edwards
True, but playing as a team gives you the best opportunity to win. When Kobe isnt on he shoots more to try and get out of the slump instead of passing. Gasol is a 20 and 10 player and I barely saw him even touch the ball against Denver. Kobe needs to learn he has got a great talent at center as well but Pau was used as the guy to get Kobe's misses last night. Gasol showed how dominant he can be against Houston and then they completely go away from him in Denver and they almost didnt come out of there with a W.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well played, Burns. I'll go ahead and eat my crow. I still don't believe in Orlando overall, but you called it right.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:38 AM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

Is there no nba draft thread?
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:22 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enjoyable game. I turned it off when the Cavs went up by like, 15-16 points, then happened to stumble upon it with 8 minutes left. LeBron is so ridiculous, but Lewis' three was absurd.

By the way, nice to see at least one Magic fan right with his predictions. ;) I still the Cavs win, though.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDucks View Post
Is there no nba draft thread?
I just bumped it from the 4th page

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...=27055&page=12

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
So are you going to say anything, or just pretend you never had this sig quote of me?

Edit: Saw the 1st and 10 with skip bayless and rob parker this morning debating on how the calls shook out in this game which is a question I had yesterday...

Pretty much they said LeBron got "his" calls that he will get and that you "earn" by being the MVP, which is what someone should expect, but they mentioned that 4 or 5 of Howard's fouls were phantom.

I have to say after watching the replay that the last foul was completely ridiculous. Especially considering it was his 6th. He went straight up and bron initiated contact.... In fact, the only contact was brons knee on Howard's mid section.

I also know I saw people holding, pushing, pulling, etc. on the big man in the first that went uncalled. I guess this is the standard though. Shaq use to get raped too and they wouldn't do anything because he is so big.

Overall, I'm happy. In the end the calls weren't enough to cost us a loss and the team fought back from down 16. The Master of Panic is learning how to panic his way to some clutch W's. Game 6 + 7 (in boston) and now game 1 in Cleveland. SVG deserves some credit.

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-21-2009 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hadn't seen you post yet lol

Yes, you were right. I didn't watch the whole game cause I was sick, but the Lewis jumper at the end of the game was pretty amazing.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 05-21-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I hadn't seen you post yet lol

Yes, you were right. I didn't watch the whole game cause I was sick, but the Lewis jumper at the end of the game was pretty amazing.
Haha -- it's all cool dude, that's all I wanted.

Now let's just hope for a great series and a Magic finals appearance.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HOW THE **** DID THAT HAPPEN LASTNIGHT???? I was going crazy!!!! Man I have to give the Magic credit. It is hard to come back and play the way they did the second half in Cleveland. Cleveland down 0-1 with home court advantage. All the Magic have to do is win at home and they take the series.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Orlando can pull this out. I don't think I can handle watching Wally S. win a title.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
I hope Orlando can pull this out. I don't think I can handle watching Wally S. win a title.
Screw that I want to see Lebron win one over anyone on the Magic.(Saying this because I am not a fan of either team)
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 05-21-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Magic in 6.

Bron takes game 2.

We take 3 + 4

Bron takes 5.

Magic close it out at home game 6.

hoping I'm wrong and the Magic win on friday.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Magic in 6.

Bron takes game 2.

We take 3 + 4

Bron takes 5.

Magic close it out at home game 6.

hoping I'm wrong and the Magic win on friday.
I think it goes..........

Cavs take game 2
Magic goes up 2-1
Cavs tie it 2-2
Cavs take the lead 3-2
Magic take game 6
Cavs take the series in 7
I know I have previously said Cavs in 6 but I didn't expect a first game loss
John Wall
Old 05-21-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I think it goes..........

Cavs take game 2
Magic goes up 2-1
Cavs tie it 2-2
Cavs take the lead 3-2
Magic take game 6
Cavs take the series in 7
I know I have previously said Cavs in 6 but I didn't expect a first game loss
Game one was the the one people expected they could lose because of the time off. But they didn't seem slow because of time off, they actually started very fast and let the game get away from them.

This should be a good series, and I agree it will be 7 games.

Quote:
Quote: