Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-21-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats to the Magic on Game 1. My biggest thing with them is not whether they can play with Cleveland, it's whether they can consistently put out efforts like this. If this game is any indication on how the series will go, this could be one to remember (just like the Western Conference series).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Espn Lebron bias...it's not everyday we see Lebron getting dunked on but, they didnt even bother to show that clip in their highlights. booooooooo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Pretty much they said LeBron got "his" calls that he will get and that you "earn" by being the MVP, which is what someone should expect, but they mentioned that 4 or 5 of Howard's fouls were phantom.

I have to say after watching the replay that the last foul was completely ridiculous. Especially considering it was his 6th. He went straight up and bron initiated contact.... In fact, the only contact was brons knee on Howard's mid section.

I also know I saw people holding, pushing, pulling, etc. on the big man in the first that went uncalled. I guess this is the standard though. Shaq use to get raped too and they wouldn't do anything because he is so big.

Overall, I'm happy. In the end the calls weren't enough to cost us a loss and the team fought back from down 16.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Damn Espn Lebron bias...it's not everyday we see Lebron getting dunked on but, they didnt even bother to show that clip in their highlights. booooooooo.
You guys still find a way to complain even after a huge victory... ;)
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dont group me in with complainers. I dont normally complain. I'm normally more on my team than the other or the ref calls.

I cant stand constant complaining from fans. It was funny though going back and fourth between Magic/Cav forums yesterday. They all thought they were getting killed with the calls. Of course, the refs do make bad calls frequently but, there is so much bias involved as well coming from the fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-21-2009 at 01:15 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Manic Depressant
Rookie

Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.Manic Depressant could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Dont group me in with complainers. I dont normally complain. I'm normally more on my team than the other or the ref calls.

I cant stand constant complaining from fans. It was funny though going back and fourth between Magic/Cav forums yesterday. They all thought they were getting killed with the calls. Of course, the refs do make bad calls frequently but, there is so much bias involved as well coming from the fan.
You're right, I've just been grouping all Magic fans together lately. My bad.

I agree with you about the complaining. I also don't think refs are really that biased, they just make mistakes like all human beings. It's especially difficult in the NBA where most fouls are judgment calls. I hate when bad calls go against my teams but I just remind myself of all the bad calls that have hurt our opponents. It evens out over time and I think 99% of the complaining is unwarranted.
Manic Depressant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic Depressant View Post
You're right, I've just been grouping all Magic fans together lately. My bad.

I agree with you about the complaining. I also don't think refs are really that biased, they just make mistakes like all human beings. It's especially difficult in the NBA where most fouls are judgment calls. I hate when bad calls go against my teams but I just remind myself of all the bad calls that have hurt our opponents. It evens out over time and I think 99% of the complaining is unwarranted.
The refs are completely biased. If they weren't they wouldn't get so hyped over calls.

Have you noticed the difference in their gestures and how animated they are when the crowd is into it?

It's the same for the Magic. If we're draining 3's at home and then we take a charge, the ref pretty much acts like a fan when making the call. He slaps his hips, does a thrust, throws his hand in a first down motion toward the other end and acts like he's hyped as hell. How even is that?

They get sucked into the action. Happens every game during a run.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a lakers fan im hoping the cavs pull this out because i rather take

Kobe vs. Lebron

than

Dwight vs. Pau/Bynum.

plus all those pesky shooters Orlando has. Not gonna be too fun a series with that.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My hopes fulfilled!

I think what we all are witnessing is the Magic going from a mentally weak team to a mentally strong team right before our eyes.

Cavs are so going to lose this series. Like I said before, this isn't a game of 1 on 1. Lebron is great, but you win as a team... as a team, the Magic are better from top to bottom.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Wow,

Never seen the media shift this quick in my life. They are ALL OVER THE MAGIC'S DICK.

Everyone is picking us to win now.

Question: Is this good? Does this shift the "calls" in Orlando's favor? Does the NBA sit back and say, hmmm maybe Orlando isn't such a bad team to have in the finals after all. Raining 3 bombs with Superman throwing it down?

An underdog story this year in the NBA? A team that goes through Boston, and then Cleveland, and then....?

Can the Magic grab America as the under dog favorite that neutral fans side with and root for?

Furthermore, what does this do to Cleveland's confidence and mentality? I'm sure LeBron doesn't give a ****, but what do the rest of the guys think. How do they respond to adversity?

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-21-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Magic weren't the underdog in the Boston series so I don't really think they constitute a big underdog story. C-Webb a while ago said they were the best team in the NBA.

And no, this won't shift the calls. If anything, it'll get worse for the Magic because Stern and the general media will cry if the Magic make it into the Finals over LeBron.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Wow,

Never seen the media shift this quick in my life. They are ALL OVER THE MAGIC'S DICK.

Everyone is picking us to win now.

Question: Is this good? Does this shift the "calls" in Orlando's favor? Does the NBA sit back and say, hmmm maybe Orlando isn't such a bad team to have in the finals after all. Raining 3 bombs with Superman throwing it down?

An underdog story this year in the NBA? A team that goes through Boston, and then Cleveland, and then....?

Can the Magic grab America as the under dog favorite that neutral fans side with and root for?

Furthermore, what does this do to Cleveland's confidence and mentality? I'm sure LeBron doesn't give a ****, but what do the rest of the guys think. How do they respond to adversity?
NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Cavs vs Lakers is what it will be
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
NO!!!!!!!!!!!! Cavs vs Lakers is what it will be
I agree with you if you meant to type Cavs vs Nuggets..

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Magic were still riding momentum from that beatdown of the Celtics in game 7 and the Cavs were a bit rusty coming out. I fully expect Cleveland to win the next three games, even with the game 1 loss to take control of the series.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
The Magic weren't the underdog in the Boston series so I don't really think they constitute a big underdog story. C-Webb a while ago said they were the best team in the NBA.

And no, this won't shift the calls. If anything, it'll get worse for the Magic because Stern and the general media will cry if the Magic make it into the Finals over LeBron.
The sense that I'm getting, at least for today, is that the general media is shifting towards the Orlando story. I just watched all 4 people on around the horn, Wilbon on PTI, Rob Parker on the morning show all switch to picking the Magic, citing.... wait for it... wait for it.... matchups as the reason why.

They are gaining some heavy steam and popularity in a way I didn't expect.

This could all change if/when the cavs win game 2, but look around and see what the talking heads are saying.

I expected the media to come out and say "rust, to big of a rest, luck, Magic played a perfect game..." but instead they were like "Bron played a perfect game and the Cavs came out hot, but the Magic fought hard blah blah"
Old 05-21-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Magic were still riding momentum from that beatdown of the Celtics in game 7 and the Cavs were a bit rusty coming out. I fully expect Cleveland to win the next three games, even with the game 1 loss to take control of the series.
Dude did you watch the game?

They came out hot as hell. They were up big at half. The crowd was into it. Cleveland was soaring in the first half.

There was absolutely 0 rust.

The fact is, they have no one who can keep Howard outside of the circle, unlike Boston who was able to keep him out by the FT line, and their bigs are too slow to stay with Shard/Hedo and the guards are too small.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
My hopes fulfilled!

I think what we all are witnessing is the Magic going from a mentally weak team to a mentally strong team right before our eyes.

Cavs are so going to lose this series. Like I said before, this isn't a game of 1 on 1. Lebron is great, but you win as a team... as a team, the Magic are better from top to bottom.
I like the strategy D... picking the Magic. If you're right, well, then you can brag about it, and if you're wrong, hey, everyone expected the Magic to lose anyways. Bold.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude did you watch the game?

They came out hot as hell. They were up big at half. The crowd was into it. Cleveland was soaring in the first half.

There was absolutely 0 rust.

The fact is, they have no one who can keep Howard outside of the circle, unlike Boston who was able to keep him out by the FT line, and their bigs are too slow to stay with Shard/Hedo and the guards are too small.
They slowed down at the end because they hadn't played a game in forever, let alone a meaningful one. There's no way to simulate game-conditions other than playing a game. They hadn't been in a fight the whole playoffs, so naturally they were fatigued after the explosive start. In the middle of the 3rd, the whole Cavs team looked spent. Next game will be different and I will be very surprised if the Magic make it another game under 5 points.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They slowed down at the end because they hadn't played a game in forever, let alone a meaningful one. There's no way to simulate game-conditions other than playing a game. They hadn't been in a fight the whole playoffs, so naturally they were fatigued after the explosive start. In the middle of the 3rd, the whole Cavs team looked spent. Next game will be different and I will be very surprised if the Magic make it another game under 5 points.
I never bought this argument. Of course you can simulate playing a game. It's called a scrimmage. You can play the length of an entire game no problem.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You realize we have now won 9 out of the last 12, right?

You realize rust is doesn't set in after being on fire, right?

You realize this is what I've been saying since before the playoffs?

You just don't know basketball. It's a game of match ups. Basketball is so much iso and 1 on 1 these days. That's why a guy like LeBron can win his match up, throw up 50-8-8 and his team can still lose because everyone else lost their match ups.

I've been saying it all along.

Edit: The last few teams I've seen that have been able to put together the whole "team" thing has been the Spurs and the Pistons. Every other team is matchups. How do you win your matchup. That's why I don't think any of these teams are "great" and it's really a toss up as to who will win.

None of these teams have the "team" concept running at full force. It's rare and hard to do. but I just don't see it with any of the teams left. This championship is any teams to grab.

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-21-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
I never bought this argument. Of course you can simulate playing a game. It's called a scrimmage. You can play the length of an entire game no problem.
I'd buy rust if they came out sagging and lost by 20.

They came out and pretty much turned there arena into hell on earth because they were so hot.

The game was close the entire way.

People have been flaming me on here everyday. It's time to believe in the Magic. We're one of the best teams in the league.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You realize we have now won 9 out of the last 12, right?

You realize rust is doesn't set in after being on fire, right?

You realize this is what I've been saying since before the playoffs?

You just don't know basketball. It's a game of match ups. Basketball is so much iso and 1 on 1 these days. That's why a guy like LeBron can win his match up, throw up 50-8-8 and his team can still lose because everyone else lost their match ups.

I've been saying it all along.
Ummm, what?

How does rust not set in after being on fire? The Cavs played great during small spans, horrible at others, a sign of rust.

Basketball is a game of matchups, but when you have LeBron James, that frees up EVERYONE else on offense. Mo Williams and Delonte West were mediocre last night, combining for what, 12-32 shooting? LeBron's teammates will pick it up and blow the Magic away.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
You can play a scrimmage, yes, but that's far from game situation. This is why it takes so long for players to get back to form following injury or significant time off. It's impossible to simulate game situations.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ummm, what?

How does rust not set in after being on fire? The Cavs played great during small spans, horrible at others, a sign of rust.

Basketball is a game of matchups, but when you have LeBron James, that frees up EVERYONE else on offense. Mo Williams and Delonte West were mediocre last night, combining for what, 12-32 shooting? LeBron's teammates will pick it up and blow the Magic away.
The Magic started off 0-7, so I guess the rust argument you made should apply to them as well.

and when you have Dwight Howard scoring at will, it opens up the 3 pt line for EVERYONE.

You're talking out of your ass right now.

Rust. Ha.

Edit: Delonte West did fine when he got wide open shots. He's going to have Lee on him. He's not going to get good looks all series. See: Eddie House.

Mo Williams will have better games, but he isn't going to kill Rafer.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. Ill just sit back and watch.

Last edited by Burns336 : 05-21-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The sense that I'm getting, at least for today, is that the general media is shifting towards the Orlando story. I just watched all 4 people on around the horn, Wilbon on PTI, Rob Parker on the morning show all switch to picking the Magic, citing.... wait for it... wait for it.... matchups as the reason why.

They are gaining some heavy steam and popularity in a way I didn't expect.

This could all change if/when the cavs win game 2, but look around and see what the talking heads are saying.

I expected the media to come out and say "rust, to big of a rest, luck, Magic played a perfect game..." but instead they were like "Bron played a perfect game and the Cavs came out hot, but the Magic fought hard blah blah"
I'm not saying that they don't think they can win. I'm just saying from a media and viewership standpoint, they want the Cavs to win.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Magic started off 0-7, so I guess the rust argument you made should apply to them as well.

and when you have Dwight Howard scoring at will, it opens up the 3 pt line for EVERYONE.

You're talking out of your ass right now.

Rust. Ha.

Edit: Delonte West did fine when he got wide open shots. He's going to have Lee on him. He's not going to get good looks all series. See: Eddie House.

Mo Williams will have better games, but he isn't going to kill Rafer.

You're entitled to your opinion, no matter how wrong it is. Ill just sit back and watch.
What makes you so sure your opinion is right? I am cool with you being all happy your team just won in Cleveland but come on dude reality will set in and you will get scared and start complaining about the refs again. Until then have your fun bragging and being cocky.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote