Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-22-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
God we always leave time on the clock at the end of these games.
I was wondering why in the hell he did that, you never know, and the shot clock is turned off so just make sure it's the last shot.

Cleveland could also be up 2-0 also had that tip play gone in with Mo Williams so it could of been both ways too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Great shot by LeBron. One thing though Anderson Varejao is a shame to the NBA and a disgrace to the name of Basketball. He's basically a talentless hag who learned how to flop.
My thoughts exactly. I wished he was in the same airplane as me and he fell asleep. I would cut his ******* hair

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man! That was so close! Thought we had it!

How important are missed free throws now? :/
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
My thoughts exactly. I wished he was in the same airplane as me and he fell asleep. I would cut his ******* hair
Good luck smuggling the clippers into the plane.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
They're struggling with you guys at HOME. They'll be lucky to squeeze out a win at Orlando. I guarantee the Magic are the East Champs.
Basketball isn't linear though, and you say this like Orlando has proven to be consistent team in these playoffs or undefeated at home for that matter.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavaliers play a lot more loose on the road.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You really can't fault Hedo for leaving a measly 1 second on the clock. He looked for the best shot he could get and he hit it. It's not like he forced it early or anything.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You really can't fault Hedo for leaving a measly 1 second on the clock. He looked for the best shot he could get and he hit it. It's not like he forced it early or anything.
I agree but, it's just our luck that whenever we do leave time on the clock, we lose.

and edit...that is 4 buzzer beaters to beat us now.

Iguodala, Young, Big Baby, Lebron. 4-4 on buzzer beaters against. What luck.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Basketball isn't linear though, and you say this like Orlando has proven to be consistent team in these playoffs or undefeated at home for that matter.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavaliers play a lot more loose on the road.
Can you explain this to me? What sport is linear? What does that mean?

Cleveland has never lost a game at home in the playoffs and then lost game 1 to Orlando. So what does Orlando not proving to be consistent or not being undefeated at home matter fit into your logic? I mean, what if they were? Would your opinion be any different?

The Cavs have used their homecourt as a major strength to them all season long. But you're saying you think they'll be a better team on the road? That playing loose will help them? That you think they've been playing to uptight? So many questions. Sorry. Just trying to make sense out of your logic.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I agree but, it's just our luck that whenever we do leave time on the clock, we lose.

and edit...that is 4 buzzer beaters to beat us now.

Iguodala, Young, Big Baby, Lebron. 4-4 on buzzer beaters against. What luck.
You know, thing is each time.... it has made the Magic stronger. I'm at the point where I love the mental toughness of THIS team. Ain't that nuts?
Old 05-22-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
cdub11
Veteran

cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdub11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a great game... The bar I was at was pretty much split with people going for Magic and Cavs... very fun after the shots by Hedo and Lebron
cdub11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You know, thing is each time.... it has made the Magic stronger. I'm at the point where I love the mental toughness of THIS team. Ain't that nuts?
I agree it has toughened them up but, this one obviously hurts the most.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-22-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

SVG taking the blame. Now that's a coach.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again, I am amazed by Lebron. The Magic played really well and Hedo's shot was pretty clutch. But Bron had just a little something left. I thought it was game, set, match for the Cavs. It'll be interesting to see what this does for game 3.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I agree it has toughened them up but, this one obviously hurts the most.
This one was witnessing pure greatness. I easily respect this, so it doesn't hurt as much as Glen Davis and Iggy's shots.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
SVG taking the blame. Now that's a coach.
I see you dropped your anti-SVG sig.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
This one was witnessing pure greatness. I easily respect this, so it doesn't hurt as much as Glen Davis and Iggy's shots.
I disagree because, we could have just taken 2 straight games from the best home team in the NBA, a team that only lost 3 at home all year...in the Eastern Conference Finals. You can have respect for all of them but, this one hurts more than the rest. That right there could have been the series.

I'm still not worried but, it would have been nice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-22-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I disagree because, we could have just taken 2 straight games from the best home team in the NBA, a team that only lost 3 at home all year...in the Eastern Conference Finals. You can have respect for all of them but, this one hurts more than the rest. That right there could have been the series.

I'm still not worried but, it would have been nice.
Yeah, sure would've been sweet to go home 2-0, but I honestly couldn't have expected it. This was a damn fun game to watch.

Pietrus better guard Lebron the rest of the damn series.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, sure would've been sweet to go home 2-0, but I honestly couldn't have expected it. This was a damn fun game to watch.

Pietrus better guard Lebron the rest of the damn series.
I've seen the replay about 20 times and Hedo did a fine job and he was right in his face with his hands up...I obviously would have rather they did do that back door play that was drawn up, though. I'm so pissed. Hell I would have rather lost by 40 than lost like that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-22-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I've seen the replay about 20 times and Hedo did a fine job and he was right in his face with his hands up...I obviously would have rather they did do that back door play that was drawn up, though. I'm so pissed. Hell I would have rather lost by 40 than lost like that.
Actually Hedo was on his left side and not right in front of his face. Barely even jumped to avoid foul.

No way. I think even in this loss, the team has major confidence going forward. A 40 point loss would've been demoralizing. I think the Magic have finally opened people eyes. They've demanded respect.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'm just speaking as a fan for once...team morale/confidence aside. Nothing is worse than losing on a buzzer beater in my book and I've had to see 4 now. My heart cant take it. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for Sunday Night.

Is Denver/LA playing Sat night or early Sunday?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

That no call on Mo Williams throwing the ball at Dwight sure hurts now in hindsight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-22-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cleveland has never lost a game at home in the playoffs and then lost game 1 to Orlando. So what does Orlando not proving to be consistent or not being undefeated at home matter fit into your logic? I mean, what if they were? Would your opinion be any different?
Cleveland has never lost a home game in the playoffs and then they did. Yeah, I would say that completely fits my logic that basketball isn't linear. Though I do realize that stats and results do help project the future, it just isn't as certain has it was made out to be.

You aren't relating the argument to the post I was replying to. He was assuming that the rest of the series would progress the same way as the past two games. Thus why I said basketball isn't linear, and on top of that, Orlando hasn't been a consistent team in the playoffs.

Why would you project the future based on the past, for a team that hasn't proven to be consistent? They haven't played a complete game in the first two games, neither team has. So to assume that either would continue in the same way just doesn't make sense.

Now, before I have words put in my mouth, I'm not saying the Cavs will win the next three games, or even the series. I am saying that it is foolish to just say the next games will play out the same way as the first two. Both of which came down to last second shots.

Quote:
The Cavs have used their homecourt as a major strength to them all season long. But you're saying you think they'll be a better team on the road? That playing loose will help them? That you think they've been playing to uptight? So many questions. Sorry. Just trying to make sense out of your logic.
They start out fine, both games, but they have been playing scared when the Magic would start to come back. When the Magic start to come back, all of the pressure is on the home team at that point. In that sense, the road team has an advantage.

The Magic remind me a lot of the Panthers honestly. Over the last five years or so, they just seem to be a completely different team with their back against the wall. But at the same time, they play down to their competition (Boston), and like to make things a little too close for comfort sometimes. In my opinion it is a lot easier to get motivated of going into an opponents house and taking the game.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to say holy crap. And I'd say LBJ just broke their will, but SVG has done a good job attempting to shoulder whatever blame he can (not that the players deserve any blame, but at least now they have something to hang their hats on) and the Magic have just recently climbed over the hump to becoming a mentally strong team, so I think they'll be fine. And as the TNT crew talked about, they have a terrifying set of mismatches in the front court. But really, the Cavs just have to go back to their gameplan from the beginning of Game 1 and do whatever they can to limit the 3's. And I imagine the non-LBJ Cavs will have to eventually wake up.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
Cleveland has never lost a home game in the playoffs and then they did. Yeah, I would say that completely fits my logic that basketball isn't linear. Though I do realize that stats and results do help project the future, it just isn't as certain has it was made out to be.

You aren't relating the argument to the post I was replying to. He was assuming that the rest of the series would progress the same way as the past two games. Thus why I said basketball isn't linear, and on top of that, Orlando hasn't been a consistent team in the playoffs.

Why would you project the future based on the past, for a team that hasn't proven to be consistent? They haven't played a complete game in the first two games, neither team has. So to assume that either would continue in the same way just doesn't make sense.

Now, before I have words put in my mouth, I'm not saying the Cavs will win the next three games, or even the series. I am saying that it is foolish to just say the next games will play out the same way as the first two. Both of which came down to last second shots.

They start out fine, both games, but they have been playing scared when the Magic would start to come back. When the Magic start to come back, all of the pressure is on the home team at that point. In that sense, the road team has an advantage.

The Magic remind me a lot of the Panthers honestly. Over the last five years or so, they just seem to be a completely different team with their back against the wall. But at the same time, they play down to their competition (Boston), and like to make things a little too close for comfort sometimes. In my opinion it is a lot easier to get motivated of going into an opponents house and taking the game.
But what I was saying is the possibility of losing is always there. Whether the Magic have been inconsistent at home or the Cavs have been consistent at home, the chance of losing doesn't go away. It fits your non-linear logic. I get what you're saying now. Not sure any sport is linear in that sense. So I don't get the use of the word, but it's not a big deal. Your justification saying the Magic are inconsistent is fair, but I don't see it as a reason to think they'll lose.

A team on the comeback is going to have a much easier time coming back at home than on the road. Holding the lead at home is supposed to be easier too.

I don't think Lebron hits that shot in Orlando. Shoot, I don't think Vareflop gets half his calls in Orlando.