Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is James Harden your favorite player?
Yes 63 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Fun game to watch. Really beginning to think Orlando is the superior basketball team and the Cavs are really looking like the 2007 NBA runners up, LeBron's having a hard time getting the jump shot to fall and his supporting cast isn't showing up on the offensive end. This team is looking far from dominant against this Orlando team that may be peaking at the right time.
bad matchups. probably wouldve swept the celtics. I think this will go to 7 games.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now they're just delaying the inevitable.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I was wishing for the Celtics.

We need game 4. If that happens I think we win the series.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont see this going 7. Orlando is outplaying them...if it wasnt for all the ticky tack fouls on Howard today, this game probably wouldnt even have been as close as it was.

How anyone can watch these games and say they're being called fairly is beyond me. It's a constant uphill battle for Orlando, it's just awful to watch. Given that my team won this one, I have no problem hollering about the calls tonight because, it's just not fair.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont see this going 7. Orlando is outplaying them...if it wasnt for all the ticky tack fouls on Howard today, this game probably wouldnt even have been as close as it was.
Never underestimate David Stern.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sold that either team is gonna win any game, home or away. I think that is true of both conferences' finals. Two really exciting, unpredictable series. It will be really disappointing though to not make the finals after having the best team in the reg. season.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where is Brownstown now?
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

By all rights, this series should be 3-0 and the Cavs should be staring down a sweep and scratching their heads, wondering what went wrong.

I don't think the Cavs have it in them to force this to seven games. LeBron has gone for 49, 35 and 41 and it just hasn't been enough.
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:

How anyone can watch these games and say they're being called fairly is beyond me. It's a constant uphill battle for Orlando, it's just awful to watch. Given that my team won this one, I have no problem hollering about the calls tonight because, it's just not fair.
It's the NBA. One thing I've learned over the years that is always true, no exceptions, is that both sides in every single game feel like they get hosed by the refs, and both sides have some veracity to their claims.
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Orlando shot 51 free throws tonight.
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lebron needs to shoot like 1000 free throws a day this summer. He is the anti clutch with free throws.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
That's because the Cavs were determined not to let Howard get his bearings in the low post. For goodness sake, he fouled out both Varejao and Z and got three more fouls on Ben Wallace.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

It could very easily be 3-0 Magic, but the fact is the Cavs blew a 14 point lead (or was it more) in game one in the second half and miraculously didn't blow a 23 point lead in game 2 at home. If they can resist collapsing after hot starts at home they'd be in business. This third game was a game decided by free throws. Magic made most of their's (which was like half their points), Cavs missed a lot of key FTs.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Inflated because they tried to Hack-a-Shaq Howard. And Hedo's shot was off, so he kept driving and drawing fouls.

What amazes me is 24 free throws for Lebron and Orlando tried NOT to foul him. LOL.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
bad matchups. probably wouldve swept the celtics. I think this will go to 7 games.
The Cavs may have swept the Celtics or taken the game in five or six, but they certainly aren't looking their best against the Magic here.

I don't think there is a team that matches up well with Orlando as they are so unique in their structure and style. The offense of course centers around the theory that Dwight Howard is the most athletic, dominant big man in the league and he's going to command a double team or he's going to score. When that double comes, and it does, Howard looks to the perimeter and is greeted with Rashard Lewis, Hedo Turkoglu, Rafer Alston, Courtney Lee, Mickael Pietrus, J.J. Redick and Anthony Johnson, all of whom are confident shooters and more than capable of knocking down the open 3. This has made the Magic confident enough to throw new looks out there, such as their beloved high screen from Howard. Marcin Gortat has surprisingly developed into a solid second option at Center when Howard has to sit and has shown the ability to hold his own defensively and takes high percentage shots. This team is as hot as any and peaking at the right time. Give me Orlando in six.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Last edited by ThePudge : 05-24-2009 at 10:52 PM.
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's not the point. The calls that go against Orlando are the ones that are in question. You're going to have to call the obvious calls. But anyway, Howard seemed to be a target in this one and on the flip side, Lebron gets every single call. There are plenty of non Orlando fans that have been saying the exact same thing.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats Magic. Pietrus is looking great against LeBron. I wish Dwight would give more credit to his teammates though. He's really not the reason for them winning.

If the Magic get past the Cavs though (and it looks like they will), they pose some match-up issues on offense and defense for both the Nuggets and the Lakers.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Inflated because they tried to Hack-a-Shaq Howard. And Hedo's shot was off, so he kept driving and drawing fouls.

What amazes me is 24 free throws for Lebron and Orlando tried NOT to foul him. LOL.
It's like Van Gundy said. "If he dribbles the ball, he'll get a foul and he's going to the line."
Old 05-24-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
It's the NBA. One thing I've learned over the years that is always true, no exceptions, is that both sides in every single game feel like they get hosed by the refs, and both sides have some veracity to their claims.
This is true. There were bad fouls on both sides. ...and that is the only thing consistent in the reffing all playoffs long.

What I know is that EVERY game in the playoffs is different and if the Cavs win Game 4, then they are right back in control of this series.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
It could very easily be 3-0 Magic, but the fact is the Cavs blew a 14 point lead (or was it more) in game one in the second half and miraculously didn't blow a 23 point lead in game 2 at home. If they can resist collapsing after hot starts at home they'd be in business. This third game was a game decided by free throws. Magic made most of their's (which was like half their points), Cavs missed a lot of key FTs.
I wouldnt call it Cleveland collapsing. I think it's more Orlando starting off slowly. Orlando has just looked like the better team so far.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-24-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, that's basically what I'd go with.
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldnt call it Cleveland collapsing. I think it's more Orlando starting off slowly. Orlando has just looked like the better team so far.
The Magic has had three or four guys elevate their games, while the Cavs have slowly regressed outside of Lebron. I wouldn't say it is the Magic's doing either, Williams has disappeared and is missing wide open threes all the time.

The cavaliers offense needs so much more imagination, but that is tough when you have Anderson Varajao and Z as your big men.

Cleveland has to find a good big man, regardless if they win this series or not, Z is such a liability.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I wish Dwight would give more credit to his teammates though. He's really not the reason for them winning.
Maybe not when it comes to the series, but he won this game with his free-throw shooting.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
The Magic has had three or four guys elevate their games, while the Cavs have slowly regressed outside of Lebron. I wouldn't say it is the Magic's doing either, Williams has disappeared and is missing wide open threes all the time.

The cavaliers offense needs so much more imagination, but that is tough when you have Anderson Varajao and Z as your big men.

Cleveland has to find a good big man, regardless if they win this series or not, Z is such a liability.
Maybe you haven't seen the Magic enough. Our guys are doing what they have done all year.

In fact, I don't know how you can say that after watching how off Hedo was tonight. He had a terrible 1-11 shooting performance.

The problem I think is that the team is ALL Lebron James. You saw tonight when he was out that the team had difficulty generating scoring.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post

The thing is...when Orlando played Cleveland in the past. It's the exact same outcome...basically Lebron vs. the Magic. They know how to stop the Cavs and they have more overall talent and the mismatches going in their favor. I do think Orlando is the better team and they're really in control now. They have the Cavs playing their game and adjusting to them. When Orlando plays their game, the Cavs have not been able to stop them.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS