Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShutDwn View Post
The Magic has had three or four guys elevate their games, while the Cavs have slowly regressed outside of Lebron. I wouldn't say it is the Magic's doing either, Williams has disappeared and is missing wide open threes all the time.

The cavaliers offense needs so much more imagination, but that is tough when you have Anderson Varajao and Z as your big men.

Cleveland has to find a good big man, regardless if they win this series or not, Z is such a liability.
Cleveland needs to run. Gets everyone involved. No more 1 on 5. Easy fastbreak points. They get bogged down in the half court so much to the point where it wears out LeBron and gets everyone else out of rhythm because they never get those easy looks, especially because Orlando takes away the point with Howard.
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL @ SVG's press conference. ...Oooh you guys were wondering "How would Orlando respond to Lebron's shot"... Everything is so psychological with you guys (the media)... It's just basketball.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Cleveland needs to run. Gets everyone involved. No more 1 on 5. Easy fastbreak points. They get bogged down in the half court so much to the point where it wears out LeBron and gets everyone else out of rhythm because they never get those easy looks, especially because Orlando takes away the point with Howard.
Varejao is too busy crying to run. :p
Old 05-24-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
The problem is that a team starting Varejao and Ilgauskas CAN'T run. Neither of those guys are very athletic, and trying to run a fast-paced offense automatically makes the game 3-on-5.

The Magic, who essentially have a pair of swingmen on the court at any given time and usually have a small forward playing power forward, are built to run. Especially given the presence of Dwight Howard, one of (if not the) fastest big men in the NBA.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the calls...I agree that most fans think they're getting shelled. But most fans are blind as hell in this instance. But when you have different media outlets and fans of other teams constantly yelling about the calls Cleveland is getting, then there is obviously an unfair advantage. Even Barkley was talking about it...that man tells it like it is at all times. haha. I hate, hate, hate when people constantly whine about calls but, this has been just a tiny bit ridiculous in this series.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 05-24-2009 at 11:08 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
LeBron is hitting his jumpers. Not a very good sign.
This post jumped the gun so badly lol

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
This post jumped the gun so badly lol
You think he heard me and got overconfident?
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
You think he heard me and got overconfident?
I think so...he was like "OH YEAH GET EXCITED...PLAYOFFS" then he went on to miss the rest of the jumpshots. I'm just trying to figure out where 40 points came from. Still impressed by that lol

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
FatJJ44
Rookie

FatJJ44 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm so sick of slow *** Illgauskees attempt to get out on the pick and roll and then another defender has to pick up howard leaving someone else wide open or Hedo just gets into the lane so easily. Mike Brown needs to adjust and go smaller or the Magic are going to kill them for the rest of series on pick and roll. I just hate seeing Illgauskees never challenge a shot and continue to beat on the pick and roll while he just sits outside on the offensive hoisting up long 2 pointers. Sorry for the rant lol.
FatJJ44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatJJ44 View Post
I'm so sick of slow *** Illgauskees attempt to get out on the pick and roll and then another defender has to pick up howard leaving someone else wide open or Hedo just gets into the lane so easily. Mike Brown needs to adjust and go smaller or the Magic are going to kill them for the rest of series on pick and roll. I just hate seeing Illgauskees never challenge a shot and continue to beat on the pick and roll while he just sits outside on the offensive hoisting up long 2 pointers. Sorry for the rant lol.
I think the issue is the three pointers. Delonte West and Maurice Williams are not going to stop Rashard Lewis, Courtney Lee, Hedo, Alston, Pietrus etc. etc. The Magic are spreading the floor and stretching the Cavs out. Mike Brown neeeds to do something like put Big Ben on Dwight (Big Ben isn't what he used to be but he does better than Varejao and Big Z) and get some more athletic guys out there to guard Rashard Lewis maybe see what JJ Hickson or Jawad Williams can do because they are long and athletic enough to challenge those shots that the 6'1" Williams and 6'3" Delonte West can't guard and Varejao and Big Z are too slow to guard. The Cavs need an athletic swingman other than Lebron to guard all of those 6'6" and up shooters the Magic have.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cavs fans are jumping ship...still too early in the series to give up. I said after game 2 that the Cavs would live in that moment too long, and lo and behold they came out pretty darn flat. Magic earned this win, and if they get the next one, then it will be okay to call the series.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While the Magic have shown to be the better team the past three games, the series is far from over. Winning two straight in the playoffs is very tough, so i would not be surprised at all to see the Cavs win in Orlando, then you're in a three game series, two on the road against the best home team in the NBA.

The Magic have shown to be great opponents, and should they seal the deal at home, i think they secure themselves a trip to the finals, where they will ultimately get disappointed.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
While the Magic have shown to be the better team the past three games, the series is far from over. Winning two straight in the playoffs is very tough, so i would not be surprised at all to see the Cavs win in Orlando, then you're in a three game series, two on the road against the best home team in the NBA.

The Magic have shown to be great opponents, and should they seal the deal at home, i think they secure themselves a trip to the finals, where they will ultimately get disappointed.
I agree that this series is far FAR from over. Every game brings new meaning. If the Cavs win the next one, they are back in the driver's seat.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I agree that this series is far FAR from over. Every game brings new meaning. If the Cavs win the next one, they are back in the driver's seat.
I have been very impressed with the Magic though, i must say that i have become a believer (i should be added in your sig lol). I was reluctant to say that they could pull this out against a team that had just blown through their opponents, but i really think they are in a good position here. If they can get any sort of consistency from the officials, La Magia should pull this one out ;)
Old 05-25-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Nuggets and Magic make the Finals, do you think Adidas should do puppet commercials of Chauncey and Dwight?
Old 05-25-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling we could see a game for the ages from LeBron next game. I'm undoubtedly wrong, but it seems like the perfect time for something like 52/12/8.

Also, what an awful call on the block for Howard's last foul. Clearly a block, and a sick one at that.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just had a friend tell me LeBron isn't a great player because he's not winning the series right now, that a MJ or Kobe would be winning.

Some people just look for reasons to hate.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I just had a friend tell me LeBron isn't a great player because he's not winning the series right now, that a MJ or Kobe would be winning.

Some people just look for reasons to hate.
Well, that's pure stupidity.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Wow. Another game, more incredibly terrible calls.

LeBron steam rolls pietrus in cruch time. *refs look at eachother* BLOCK! Of course it can't be a charge.

And then... They manage to foul out Howard AGAIN on ANOTHER non-foul in crunch time.

It's like we can't catch a freaking break. At least the normally weak Orlando crowd showed up at times and even started a ******** chant.

But yes, Barkley pretty much said what I've been saying the entire time. This series has been horribly called. Game 2 was the worst. Cavs are getting the benefit of the doubt, more often then not.

Magic looked good though. I also liked seeing the Hammer pin 2 of James shots on the glass.

If the refs will actually allow Howard to play in the 4th game instead of fouling him out of it, we should win again and take command.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

I'm more amazed by Howard's FT shooting.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Javzz
Veteran

Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Javzz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Wow. Another game, more incredibly terrible calls.

LeBron steam rolls pietrus in cruch time. *refs look at eachother* BLOCK! Of course it can't be a charge.

And then... They manage to foul out Howard AGAIN on ANOTHER non-foul in crunch time.

It's like we can't catch a freaking break. At least the normally weak Orlando crowd showed up at times and even started a ******** chant.

But yes, Barkley pretty much said what I've been saying the entire time. This series has been horribly called. Game 2 was the worst. Cavs are getting the benefit of the doubt, more often then not.

Magic looked good though. I also liked seeing the Hammer pin 2 of James shots on the glass.

If the refs will actually allow Howard to play in the 4th game instead of fouling him out of it, we should win again and take command.
Are you seriously bitching about officiating? The refs called every single touch foul in the entire game. Orlando led in free throws the entire game, even when Dwight Howard was in foul trouble. There was a period in the second quarter when Orlando went to the line three straight times off of ticky tack ********. But no, people just remember the last terrible call they made, and because it was one way point to biased officiating.

The refs screwed both teams by not allowing any fluidity to come into the game. They didn't just call a foul everytime LeBron dribbled the ball, they essentially called a foul anytime anyone was dribbling the ball toward the basket.

rainbeaukid
Javzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Lakers seem to be lacking energy early in the game

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gasol is such a girl. His game is so soft.
He dosen't fight for rebounds one bit.
He gives up on that play and let Jones tomahawk dunk. Hammer him and don't let that go down.
On offense he plays away from the bucket.
Get some nasty in your game.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it me or has this been the beginning of every single Conference final game this year? One team starts out hot, ends the first quarter up by 7-10 points then just tails off...

Hopefully it comes true again...

The Lakers are just really sloppy early on.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Is it me or has this been the beginning of every single Conference final game this year? One team starts out hot, ends the first quarter up by 7-10 points then just tails off...

Hopefully it comes true again...

The Lakers are just really sloppy early on.
it would be so much easier if they fast forwarded to 4 minutes left in the game...game tied up, like it always is

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote