Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I definitely agree that LBJ needs more help. But the funny thing is that nobody was saying this before the Magic series. They were the unquestioned #1 team in the East, best record in basketball. We kept hearing about how Lebron finally has help. We kept hearing how Mo Williams is an all star, Delonte West is underrated, Z can more than hold his own against Howard and on and on... It took the Magic to put everyone back in their seats.
If you mean "more help" as in new players, I don't think that's necessarily true. The Cavs don't particularly match up well against any team. They have a small back court, a offensive and defensive deficient PF, an unathletic, weak Center, a bench comprised of shooters and a Ben Wallace... and then LeBron. There aren't many teams that I say sans LeBron match up poorly with the Cavs. What's got them this far has been their team chemistry, both on offense and defense. But, they've been lacking that all playoffs, it just so happens the Magic are the first real team they've had to face. All they do now is an iso with LeBron, iso with Mo, or iso with West, which is exactly what they did last year. On defense, they've forgotten how to help defend and rotate. So while the Magic series is where everyone's opened their eyes, I don't think they're in particular the reason for this falling apart.

And Delonte is certainly underrated.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jordan didn't win championships when he was scoring 35 and 37 points per game, he won when he started to trust his teammates. I'd like to see LeBron take less shots to get his team more involved and see what happens. Him attempting 29, 28, and 30 shots this series (all in losses) isn't cutting it. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work but I think LeBron needs to adjust how he attacks the Orlando defense. Quality over quantity in the scoring department.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, a question and a rumor.

The question: If the Cavs lose this series, despite the local media/fan backlash, do you think it'd be in the Cavs' best interest to trade LeBron to retool their team? Because let's be honest, they can have all the money in the world but they're not going to attract any big names without LeBron (except maybe an old Yao once that Chinese group is in the fold).

The rumor: If the Grizzlies pass on Rubio, the Thunder may swoop him up and trade him for Andrew Bynum, according to Oklahoma media.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hah if the Lakers did that Kobe would retire and play in Italy in a couple years.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how Cleveland trading LeBron helps them retool their team. He's the cornerstone of their franchise and they need to do everything in their power to keep him for as long as they can. I may not like the guy very much but he's a helluva player and his potential is still unlimited.

Btw, what would you guys think about putting LeBron on Dwight in the post? Z, AV, Wallace, and Smith can't keep up with his size and strength. LeBron is pretty damn close to being the physical specimen Dwight is and I'd say he's almost as strong. I realize that's quite a bit of work for James on the defensive end but it would definitely throw a wrench into Orlando's game plan. No one else has been able to contain Dwight so I think it would be worth a shot to see how it works. I know it won't happen but that would be an interesting match-up.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Oh and one more thing. If people are saying LeBron's teammates are choking, what does that mean Kobe's teammates are doing? I don't think Kobe is getting near enough credit for what he's had to do in this series to keep them afloat. He's actually trying to trust his teammates from what I've seen and they aren't getting it done.

Quote:
Old 05-27-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Watch Kobe Doin Work. He is communicating with them, not exactly yelling. LeBron just yells at the Refs when they dont give him a call.
Sorry, but was there a LeBron special I missed or are you just assuming?
Old 05-27-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
And lebron is no MJ!
oh I know, but it was just the example. Pippen's the prototypical sidekick example
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Oh and one more thing. If people are saying LeBron's teammates are choking, what does that mean Kobe's teammates are doing? I don't think Kobe is getting near enough credit for what he's had to do in this series to keep them afloat. He's actually trying to trust his teammates from what I've seen and they aren't getting it done.
Not to interrupt your anti-LeBron rant, but I'd trust Lamar Odom, Pau Gasol etc... over Mo Williams, Zydraunas Ilgauskas etc..That's just me, though. Continue with your LeBron hate since you're not too high on logic.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They want Lebron doing as little as possible on defense...he's playing loose as hell on Rafer Alston, he's not going to be put on Dwight. They wont even put him on Lewis exclusively.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Sorry, but was there a LeBron special I missed or are you just assuming?

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJC View Post

Did LeBron teabag your girlfriend or something? You seem to hate him a lot for no reason.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I don't see how Cleveland trading LeBron helps them retool their team. He's the cornerstone of their franchise and they need to do everything in their power to keep him for as long as they can. I may not like the guy very much but he's a helluva player and his potential is still unlimited.

Btw, what would you guys think about putting LeBron on Dwight in the post? Z, AV, Wallace, and Smith can't keep up with his size and strength. LeBron is pretty damn close to being the physical specimen Dwight is and I'd say he's almost as strong. I realize that's quite a bit of work for James on the defensive end but it would definitely throw a wrench into Orlando's game plan. No one else has been able to contain Dwight so I think it would be worth a shot to see how it works. I know it won't happen but that would be an interesting match-up.
Well, of course they would like to bring LeBron back, but I mean, what can they possibly do? They'd be putting everything up to chance after next season, hoping that they can attract another superstar to keep LeBron happy. I'm assuming you're looking at it from the standpoint of their team + LeBron won't get retooled versus new players and this current team without LeBron, while I'm looking at it from the standpoint of this current team without LeBron versus new players + this current team without LeBron. I don't know. To me, that's the best course of action, since if it comes down to the season of '10, I see no reason for LeBron to agree to a sign+trade.

And no. LeBron's tired as is at the end of games barely guarding anyone. Putting him on Dwight would do him no favors. Plus, Dwight's not even the reason they're losing. What they should do is put West on Rafer, Mo on Lee, Varejao on Dwight, Sasha on Shard, and have LeBron lock up Hedo.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DJC
Veteran

DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DJC is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

Did LeBron teabag your girlfriend or something? You seem to hate him a lot for no reason.
Dude, I've posted two pics of Lebron that were comical. Settle down, didn't mean to make fun of the golden child. And no, i dont hate him. I actually own a few pairs of his shoes. I'm just tired of all the dick riding going on with him.

BTW, it looks to me that Kobe is celebrating in that pic, he's not even directing that towards the ref.

Sig by BoneKrusher
DJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If teabagging is a reason to hate.. Kobe must have teabagged the whole world.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
If teabagging is a reason to hate.. Kobe must have teabagged the whole world.
I love Kobe. He's fantastic. I prefer LeBron James, but that's like saying I prefer lobster to steak. Can't go wrong either way.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Interesting idea. If LBJ were to guard Dwight in the post on defense, then who does Z guard, assuming Varejao says on Lewis. Hedo would have a field day beating Z off the dribble and I don't know that you want Z playing on the perimeter guarding Hedo from jacking up 3s. You can't take Z out of the game because on offense, you still want him to help give CLE a post presence.

I think they are doing a fine job on Dwight as is. They are doubling him when he gets the ball and doing a great job at loosening the ball from his grips when he's taking it up to the rim. What they should try to do is NOT foul him, and still loosen the ball. Cause right now, Dwight is hurting them at the Free Throw line. They've also caused him to make turnovers when doubling him as he's not the greatest passer against the double.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love Kobe. He's fantastic. I prefer LeBron James, but that's like saying I prefer lobster to steak. Can't go wrong either way.
I wasn't speaking of you in particular just the overall senseless hate for Kobe Bryant.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear Lakers,

If you don't take this game seriously I am going to flip my ****. If you try hard and lose I can respect that. I was here during the 90s and I never stopped believing post Shaq, so damned if I'm not going to root hard during games 6 and 7. But if you don't show the other team respect and give your best effort tonight I will find you and I will break you. 6 wins to the ring, if you are really the best team get it together and ******* show it.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I wasn't speaking of you in particular just the overall senseless hate for Kobe Bryant.
When it comes to comparing players, no one can ever just say, "I like them both." People always feel the need to vehemently defend one, even saying some really dumb and nonsensical **** about the other. It happens in hockey debates all the time, too.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orlando just makes my life easier because I was worried who I was going to have to cheer for if the Lebrons played the Lakers. I really feel bad for Cleveland and their dark history and I do like Lebron, but deep down I am a Kobe man.

Can't say enough about Lebron as a player though, I mean Cleveland's economy is based off him.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Dear Lakers,

If you don't take this game seriously I am going to flip my ****. If you try hard and lose I can respect that. I was here during the 90s and I never stopped believing post Shaq, so damned if I'm not going to root hard during games 6 and 7. But if you don't show the other team respect and give your best effort tonight I will find you and I will break you. 6 wins to the ring, if you are really the best team get it together and ******* show it.
Amen, brother.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kobe and Lebron don't go together like surf and turf for most people.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
When it comes to comparing players, no one can ever just say, "I like them both." People always feel the need to vehemently defend one, even saying some really dumb and nonsensical **** about the other. It happens in hockey debates all the time, too.
I for one absolutely positively enjoy watching both. I like them both. But when talking about Lebron, some jackass ALWAYS has to mention that he's better than Kobe.. Which just lights my already short fuse.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Kobe and Lebron don't go together like surf and turf for most people.
Well, they do for me. I ******* love lobster. :D