Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2007, 09:32 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
Wilcox is my homeboy
He can't be he's mine.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, what do GM's see in Noah? Sure he's athletic, sure he's a good defender, sure he hustles....But he's nothing more than that. And to me that doesn't warrant a top 10 pick, nor a top 15 pick.

I'm watching SportsNite right now and they're talking about Hawes and Noah working out at the Berto today against each other, and they commented on our need for a low post scorer and mentioned Noah would fit the bill.

WHAT THE ****????????!!!!!!!!!! Do you people even watch basketball? My guess is no because HE'S NOT A LOW POST SCORER. And that's not why you'd draft him. He had a great tournament 2 years ago and his stock has been riding on that the past year. But the guy is a fringe starter in the NBA who has limited upside because he has no post game at all and he has no shot. His points come off misses, dunks, and layups. He is not a very good prospect and if we take him I'm going to absolutely flip out.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Seriously, what do GM's see in Noah? Sure he's athletic, sure he's a good defender, sure he hustles....But he's nothing more than that. And to me that doesn't warrant a top 10 pick, nor a top 15 pick.

I'm watching SportsNite right now and they're talking about Hawes and Noah working out at the Berto today against each other, and they commented on our need for a low post scorer and mentioned Noah would fit the bill.

WHAT THE ****????????!!!!!!!!!! Do you people even watch basketball? My guess is no because HE'S NOT A LOW POST SCORER. And that's not why you'd draft him. He had a great tournament 2 years ago and his stock has been riding on that the past year. But the guy is a fringe starter in the NBA who has limited upside because he has no post game at all and he has no shot. His points come off misses, dunks, and layups. He is not a very good prospect and if we take him I'm going to absolutely flip out.
You wonder the same things as I do. I just can't see him as an offensive threat and I see him as a liability on D in the NBA.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

you need a hug man? no ****
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
We know your not ***. Are you homophobic or something? That is not a good trait to have.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No I'm good but it still pisses me off because these people have no clue what they're talking about.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 06-08-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

com on oreo, u know what im sayin
Old 06-08-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Phrost

I enjoy dairy products and exotic women. Does anyone need a friend?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

i hate diary products, and my best girl is an ironing board, anyone need a friend?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Phrost

Quote:
i hate diary products, and my best girl is an ironing board, anyone need a friend?
I'd hit it. After Mercutio does first.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite prospect from this year's draft:

Nick Young

6-7 205. 7'0 Wingspan, 39.5in vertical.

Quick first step. Crazy athletic. Good jumper. Kid is going to be sickening.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:07 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like the Bulls are in fact quite interested in Yi, plan to make Duhon available in any offseason deals, and have said Hinrich is untouchable. Other than Yi I think the other two are mistakes because Hinrich is not good enough to be untouchable and Duhon is the kind of guy who can come in and change the tempo when Kirk is having an off game. Plus he's a solid defender and does a pretty good job running the team.

Also the C's are reportedly kicking around moving down in the draft, not sure if that's the best move depending on who's available at 5 but if Oden, Durant, Yi, and Horford get taken top 4 in some order and they move down into the 8-12 range I guess it would make sense.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Looks like the Bulls are in fact quite interested in Yi, plan to make Duhon available in any offseason deals, and have said Hinrich is untouchable. Other than Yi I think the other two are mistakes because Hinrich is not good enough to be untouchable and Duhon is the kind of guy who can come in and change the tempo when Kirk is having an off game. Plus he's a solid defender and does a pretty good job running the team.
Hell no. Duhon is awful. He runs the offense and if he gets it back behind the three point line he throws it up even with a man in his face, and then if the other team goes on a run he foolishly just runs into the lane and throws the ball up but since he can't finish at all it will be blocked.

Duhon is expendable as expendable can be.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Hell no. Duhon is awful. He runs the offense and if he gets it back behind the three point line he throws it up even with a man in his face, and then if the other team goes on a run he foolishly just runs into the lane and throws the ball up but since he can't finish at all it will be blocked.

Duhon is expendable as expendable can be.
He's a bad three point shooter and takes too many threes, but there have definitely been games where Hinrich has sucked and Duhon has come in and played much better and brought us back into the game. Plus he plays good defense which you can't deny, penetrates pretty well, and passes pretty well as well. Just because he isn't fantastic offensively doesn't mean he's expendable, he's got value as a defensive player and a change of pace guy for us. Plus if we trade him that brings up a need at backup point guard that we'll have to address. Hinrich is good but not good enough that you can just say okay he's going to play well enough for us to be in every game without bringing somebody in, plus he gets into foul trouble so having a decent backup is very important.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
He's a bad three point shooter and takes too many threes, but there have definitely been games where Hinrich has sucked and Duhon has come in and played much better and brought us back into the game. Plus he plays good defense which you can't deny, penetrates pretty well, and passes pretty well as well. Just because he isn't fantastic offensively doesn't mean he's expendable, he's got value as a defensive player and a change of pace guy for us. Plus if we trade him that brings up a need at backup point guard that we'll have to address. Hinrich is good but not good enough that you can just say okay he's going to play well enough for us to be in every game without bringing somebody in, plus he gets into foul trouble so having a decent backup is very important.
I'm a pretty big Andre Barrett fan. Always made an impact in his little playing time. Also we have a second round pick for a taller PG, or we can see where thabo is with his point forward progress.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:22 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously it is unrealistic but sort of interesting, the idea that Portland send Zach Randolph and Lamarcus Aldridge for #2 pick and get Oden and Durant, that would be crazy.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:41 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Yi Jianlin will wind up in Chicago. I'll just put that out there right now. Paxon will find a way to get him. I don't think anyone is jumping to the #3 or #4 slot to nab Yi, if anything it'll be Boston's slot. So I think either Paxon trades up with Boston or he has Boston take Yi and then trades with them.

Just my prediction. :D

Quote:
Old 06-09-2007, 12:42 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Word out of A-town is that Yi is the overall favorite to go #3. Other than the front office loving him, their leader Joe Johnson is petitioning hard to get Yi, after seeing him in the Olympics last year drop 15 and 7 on Dho.

Old 06-09-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Word out of A-town is that Yi is the overall favorite to go #3. Other than the front office loving him, their leader Joe Johnson is petitioning hard to get Yi, after seeing him in the Olympics last year drop 15 and 7 on Dho.
Not what I'm hearing from Ford.

Quote:
Old 06-09-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Obviously it is unrealistic but sort of interesting, the idea that Portland send Zach Randolph and Lamarcus Aldridge for #2 pick and get Oden and Durant, that would be crazy.
Yikes. That'd be scary.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be the next dynasty, with Oden, Durant and Roy. No one would be able to guard them. Also they are all high character guys, so there would be no demand over the ball.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Yikes. That'd be scary.
Seattle would also have the most stacked in terms of age/talent and lottery/first round picks in the front court.

I mean just look:

Zach Randolph(19th Pick overall/All Star)
Lamarcus Aldridge(2nd Pick Overall)
Chris Wilcox(8th Overall)
Nick Collison(12th overall)
Johan Petro(25th overall)
Robert Swift(12th overall)
Saer Sene(10th overall)
Danny Forston(10th overall)

Old 06-09-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seattle would also have the most stacked in terms of age/talent and lottery/first round picks in the front court.

I mean just look:

Zach Randolph(19th Pick overall/All Star)
Lamarcus Aldridge(2nd Pick Overall)
Chris Wilcox(8th Overall)
Nick Collison(12th overall)
Johan Petro(25th overall)
Robert Swift(12th overall)
Saer Sene(10th overall)
Danny Forston(10th overall)
I think they would just trade for Kwame Brown and Andrew Bynum for fun.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:07 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
I'm a pretty big Andre Barrett fan. Always made an impact in his little playing time. Also we have a second round pick for a taller PG, or we can see where thabo is with his point forward progress.
Eh I'd rather go BPA or get depth in the second, and Barrett is kind of unproven for my tastes. Not like I have any problem with trading him in a deal for a higher pick to get Yi (or Horford) or a big (Randolph?) but I wouldn't want to just get rid of Duhon for the hell of it.

And Sweetness, if we want Yi that badly I'd have no problem with trading up to pick Yi but I think we'd have to get to three. There's no way at all to be sure that he's going to be there at 5, so if we want him badly enough to trade up we may as well trade up to 3 so we're a lock to get him. I really wouldn't bank on him landing at 5. That said, I really wouldn't have a problem with grabbing Horford and either one of the two would be a pretty solid pick IMO, so if they don't both go top 4 then a trade to 5 would make sense.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:13 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Give us 9 and BG and we will happily give you #3.