Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-09-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Give us 9 and BG and we will happily give you #3.
To be perfectly honest with you I could definitely see that happening. Pax wants more size in the backcourt, and if he thinks we can grab a solid defensive 2 in free agency I would not be surprised if we gave up BG this offseason.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:12 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Give us 9 and BG and we will happily give you #3.
Personally, I would rather give up Hinrich.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 11:22 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Than Gordon??????? What??????????

OMG not this again. You're nuts my friend. You realize Gordon is a one trick pony right? And Kirk is a darn good all around player. Man I'm glad you're not the GM.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:00 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well damn, sure give us Hinrich instead, lol.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:07 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also apparently Rodney Stuckey has got a promise by Detroit at #15, while this means nothing, often times they do come true, it means atleast that the Pistons have every intention on drafting him #15 unless someone drops, so for Stuckey right now he can go anywhere from 10-27.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cavs are awful they are going nowhere after round 1.
Haha whoops.

But anyway, Gilbert Arenas to opt out of his contract after next season. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2899563
Old 06-10-2007, 03:53 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

OMG not this again. You're nuts my friend. You realize Gordon is a one trick pony right? And Kirk is a darn good all around player. Man I'm glad you're not the GM.
Honestly if we can find a GM that values Gordon the way some people value him, I'd trade him in a heartbeat. I just get the feeling that if we trade Gordon we'd get the better end of the deal by a long shot and end up making great strides as a team. He's a HUGE defensive liability. I mean, imagine how great our defense would be if Kirk could actually guard the opposing team's point guard, as opposed to guys like Vince Carter when we play the Nets that have like 3 inches and 30 lbs on him.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post

That's why I said I would. It would not make sense to do that based on their value, but I believe that the Bulls would be better off with a true point guard than with Kirk. He is a really good all around player, but he is not really a point guard, and I couldn't like him as a shooting guard. I think that we could have a team that fits better than we have now. Now we have many players that do not have defined roles, like Thabo and kirk. I think that we are wasting his talent and that he probably would play better elsewhere.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kirk is not a true point guard? We've must be watching different teams. He's not Steve Nash, but danm who is. He distributes the ball, he shoots well, he hustles, he plays very good defense, and he does everything the coach wants him to do. That's a point guard. That is what you want your point guard to do. If you don't want him, Christ I would love him on my team.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
That's why I said I would. It would not make sense to do that based on their value, but I believe that the Bulls would be better off with a true point guard than with Kirk. He is a really good all around player, but he is not really a point guard, and I couldn't like him as a shooting guard. I think that we could have a team that fits better than we have now. Now we have many players that do not have defined roles, like Thabo and kirk. I think that we are wasting his talent and that he probably would play better elsewhere.
You're not making much sense at all. How is Kirk not a true point guard? Paul made a ton of great points, all correct. And talking about players and their roles, Gordon has a role but not a position. He's a two offensively, and a point defensively. This gets us into tons of trouble defensively against teams that have a big backcourt. And as far as Kirk's not having a defined role, it's BECAUSE of Gordon that he doesn't have a defined role. If we had a starting shooting guard that didn't have point guard size Kirk could play the point on offense and guard the opposing team's point guard. However, because of BG he's stuck guarding shooting guards which is a mismatch but you can't stick Gordon on a shooting guard. Gordon makes a lot of things messy defensively and is valued because he can score, but he has his on nights and his off nights. If we could get a bigger, more consistent scorer who can play a traditional role on a team for Gordon I'd do it in a heartbeat, and I'd even use him in a trade up if we have our hearts set on Yi because I think as much as he brings to our team offensively he takes things away on the defensive end that would lessen the impact of him leaving us. Maybe we'd go through some growing pains as we tried to find a new leading scorer, but I think Deng will fit into that role well and whoever we get if we do trade BG would help us out as well. Overall I think it's the best thing to do long term. And there's no point of even talking about trading Kirk, he and Deng are untouchable.
Old 06-10-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Here is my 2007 NBA Lottery Mock Draft...thoughts?

1. POR: Greg Oden C Ohio State
2. SEA: Kevin Durant SF Texas
3. ATL: Brandan Wright PF North Carolina
4. MEM: Yi Jianlian PF China
5. BOS: Al Horford PF Florida
6. MIL: Mike Conley Jr. PG Ohio State
7. MIN: Corey Brewer SG/SF Florida
8. CHA: Jeff Green SF Georgetown
9. CHI: Spencer Hawes C Washington
10. SAC: Joakhim Noah PF Florida
11. ATL: Jaaris Crittenton PG Georgia Tech
12. PHI: Jason Smith PF Colorado State
13. NO: Al Thornton SF/PF Florida State
14. LAC: Julian Wright SF Kansas

Last edited by simms2clayton : 06-10-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simms2clayton View Post

12. PHI: Jason Smith PF Colorado
Ghetto is loving that draft for the Hawks. I like it, only Memphis goes for Horford over Jianlin, they aren't even looking at Yi right now so switch Boston and Memphis' picks, also switch Minnesota and Charlottes picks. I think Minny would take Green before Brewer, and if Brewer is there at #8, Charlotte is all over him IMO. Julian Wright is too low IMO, and the Kings would get Nick Young before Noah. Overall it's pretty good but those are the changes I'd make.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Hawks could go Conley with the 3. The rest looks like a possibility
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
simms2clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Hawks could go Conley with the 3. The rest looks like a possibility
Well, the scenario comes down to this if you want to go with a PG and PF in round 1 (which it looks like the Hawks want to do).

Would you rather have Conley and Noah, or Wright and Crittenton/Law?

I would take the latter because Wright is a better all-around player than Noah while Crittenton and Law both have upside at PG.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Noah says "HA!" to you!

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_ar...complete_joke/
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Love Crittenton hate Brandan, give me Horford and Crittenton, or Yi and Crittenton.

Old 06-10-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Love Crittenton hate Brandan, give me Horford and Crittenton, or Yi and Crittenton.
You mean you don't want the Hawks to draft a 6'9 200 pound PF with no outside game that will take years to develop? Interesting.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:40 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3. ATL: Al Horford PF Florida
4. MEM: Brandan Wright PF UNC
5. BOS: Yi Jianlian PF China
10. SAC: Al Thorton SF/PF Florida State
11. ATL: Javaris Crittenton PG Georgia Tech
12. PHI: Joakim Noah PF Florida
13. NO: Julian Wright SF Kansas
14. LAC: Derrick Byars SG/SF Vanderbilt

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:48 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Maybe it's just me but I think the C's would be very, very fortunate to have Yi fall into their laps like that. I like Prince's mock except I think Brandan Wright goes lower and Julian goes higher. I also could see Nick Young working his way into the lottery somewhere, probably at Noah's expense. That's more of an off chance though, I definitely see the Wright's going down and up respectively though.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am not a big college basketball guy so I don't know most of the prospects obviously. Who are some guys the Lakers are targeting and what positions?
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

3. ATL: Yi Jianlian PF China
4. MEM: Al Horford PF Florida
5. BOS: Brandan Wright PF North Carolina
6. MIL: Corey Brewer SF Florida
7. MIN: Jeff Green SF Georgetown
8. CHA: Julian Wright SF Kansas
10. SAC: Al Thornton SF/PF Florida State
11. ATL: Mike Conley PG Ohio State
12. PHI: Thaddeus Young SF Georgia Tech
13. NO: Nick Young SG USC
14. LAC: Derrick Byars SG/SF Vanderbilt
15. DET: Jason Smith PF/C Colorado State
16. WAS: Rudy Fernandez SG Spain
17. NJ: Joakim Noah PF Florida
18. GSW: Josh McRoberts PF Duke
19. LAL: Rodney Stuckey SG Eastern Washington
20. MIA: Javaris Crittenton PG Georgia Tech
21. PHI: Acie Law PG Texas A&M
22. CHA: Tiago Splitter PF Brazil
23. NYK: Aaron Afflalo SG UCLA
24. PHO: Daequan Cook SG Ohio State
25. UTA: Marco Belinelli SG Italy
26. HOU: Nick Fazekas PF Nevada
27. DET: Gabe Pruitt PG USC
28. SA: Reyshawn Terry SF North Carolina
29. PHO: Alando Tucker SF Wisconsin
30. PHI: Marcus Williams SG Arizona

Last edited by BuckNaked : 06-10-2007 at 08:08 PM.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, the scenario comes down to this if you want to go with a PG and PF in round 1 (which it looks like the Hawks want to do).

Would you rather have Conley and Noah, or Wright and Crittenton/Law?

I would take the latter because Wright is a better all-around player than Noah while Crittenton and Law both have upside at PG.
Are we really expecting Knight to have the brains to take any combination of two legit players? I think I'd rather have Conley and Noah
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Shoot Yi and Conley, I like you.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Are we really expecting Knight to have the brains to take any combination of two legit players? I think I'd rather have Conley and Noah
I'd rather take Sean Williams at 11 than Noah if we feel like reaching on a defense guy, I'll I'd take Ekene Ibekwe at 11 over Noah.

Old 06-10-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realize that the Hawks might have to go BPA with the third pick, but if they take Horford/Wright/ Jianlin, what do they plan on doing with their current frontcourt.

C- SHelden Williams
PF- Marvin WIlliams
SF- Josh Smith

or have they given up on any of those guys already
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote