Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
A close but terrible game. Reddick had no reason to be playing the amount of minutes he played. I'm disgusted right now.
I couldn't agree more. I am beside myself trying to figure out why he was out there so much at the end of that game. WHAT THE HELL WAS SVG THINKING!!???

And where was Jameer Nelson in the 2nd Half?

UGH, SVG may have just cost us the series. Niw we are in a must-win situation for the rest of the series.

*sigh*

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
More like single-handedly shut down Kobe.
was I the only one that saw him commit at least 4 turnovers?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jameer Nelson has been playing pretty terrible and he doesnt know his defensive assignments. I have no problem with him not being in there late. Just the fact that Redick was in there instead of Lee is what pisses me off. Stan has been getting a little too cute with some of these lineups.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Jameer Nelson has been playing pretty terrible and he doesnt know his defensive assignments. I have no problem with him not being in there late. Just the fact that Redick was in there instead of Lee is what pisses me off. Stan has been getting a little too cute with some of these lineups.
It just makes me sick.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get that this series is not over, but seriously are the Magic going to take four out of the next five from the Lakers? Gotta say no. Ugly game, ugly as hell and poor poor Courtney Lee at the end of regulation, but the W is all that matters.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halfway there....
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
I couldn't agree more. I am beside myself trying to figure out why he was out there so much at the end of that game. WHAT THE HELL WAS SVG THINKING!!???

And where was Jameer Nelson in the 2nd Half?

UGH, SVG may have just cost us the series. Niw we are in a must-win situation for the rest of the series.

*sigh*
Is it possible to actually read one of your posts with that avator? I don't think it is, I just stare.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I get that this series is not over, but seriously are the Magic going to take four out of the next five from the Lakers? Gotta say no. Ugly game, ugly as hell and poor poor Courtney Lee at the end of regulation, but the W is all that matters.
I'm still totally stoked that the Magic are in the Finals. Glad this game was close. Lee ALMOST won it for us. So close!

Probably not going to win the series, but there's always a chance! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Redick was on the floor because he stretches the floor. You have to respect him, even when he is 0-4. He's a threat to get hot and LA knows that. JJ just tried to do too much and then got out of his game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:43 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 06-08-2009, 02:47 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I say the Magic are going to rain down from behind the arc and take the next two games because

Old 06-08-2009, 05:16 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Redick was on the floor because he stretches the floor. You have to respect him, even when he is 0-4. He's a threat to get hot and LA knows that. JJ just tried to do too much and then got out of his game.
You know what, i don't blame Redick. The MOP is to blame here for not getting him into shape to play in a game. He hardly played (if at all) in the ECF, and then he throws him into one of the biggest games of his life and people expect him to play at a top notch level? He is very much able to be a good offensive player, but it did not take a genius in basketball to see that he was extremely scared and reluctant to mount any sort of offensive attack out there. Many times he dribbled and penetrated, only to dish out to Lewis or Turkoglu, scared to finish at the hoop. I don't blame Redick, he just has no confidence in his ability to score the ball, thanks to the way he has been used these playoffs.
Old 06-08-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say though that JJ is the easiest player in the entire world to run off the 3 point line. I swear when he drives to the hoop he isn't even seeing that he has an open layup and instead kicks it out. Though that's because any time he drives he has his mind set that he will kick it out regardless. The thing is that when guys drive and kick it out it only works because the defense closes on the ballhandler with the threat of the drive. The defense knows by now that they could clear the lane and JJ would still kick it out.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the reason why the Magic will lose this series.

Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:17 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People need to be a little easier on Lee though. To his credit it was a pretty tough shot. He was too close to the baseline that he basically had to stretch his body back and shoot with his right hand on the left side which he isn't used to.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
People need to be a little easier on Lee though. To his credit it was a pretty tough shot. He was too close to the baseline that he basically had to stretch his body back and shoot with his right hand on the left side which he isn't used to.
He's a professional and he missed a layup. He could have just went up with his left hand if going with his right was so uncomfortable.

Avery Johnson said it best- he makes that shot 9 out of 10 times. Sucks that the 1 miss just happened to be the biggest shot of his life.

- Ko Simpson
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
He's a professional and he missed a layup. He could have just went up with his left hand if going with his right was so uncomfortable.

Avery Johnson said it best- he makes that shot 9 out of 10 times. Sucks that the 1 miss just happened to be the biggest shot of his life.
He couldn't go left he was too far past the basket. Also it wasn't really a layup. His head was parallel to the side of the backboard, that's why he had to scoop shot it. IMO in the course of the game, that shot with Pau Gasol in your vision, I say he makes is 6 or 7 times out of 10 at most.

Old 06-08-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
The series was over after Game 1, seeing as how Phil Jackson, IIRC, has never lost a series where he won Game 1.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post

You make it sound like that was a basic lay up, but it was really a lot more difficult than that. There is a big difference between a lay up and a lob, and he made a pretty good play on it, because it wasn't like it was a perfect toss.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was tough, but he should make that 9 times out of 10, imo. It's not like it was impossible, he really should have made it.

Not to mention he also really should have made the shot before that.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 03:18 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I will say though that JJ is the easiest player in the entire world to run off the 3 point line. I swear when he drives to the hoop he isn't even seeing that he has an open layup and instead kicks it out. Though that's because any time he drives he has his mind set that he will kick it out regardless. The thing is that when guys drive and kick it out it only works because the defense closes on the ballhandler with the threat of the drive. The defense knows by now that they could clear the lane and JJ would still kick it out.
They TURNED him into that type of player though, i have absolutely no doubt about that. He was not that passive an offensive player coming into the league, and now he is that way. And you're right, until Redick shows he can finish at the basket, no one is gonna hedge off their man at the three point line to protect the paint. If he can show he can get his aggressiveness back (maybe he will after some big time minutes this past game), he can be integral for the Magic, with Lee and Pietrus in constant foul trouble guarding Kobe. Besides, with the way the whole team has been shooting the ball recently, it's not like it can get any worse.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
They TURNED him into that type of player though, i have absolutely no doubt about that. He was not that passive an offensive player coming into the league, and now he is that way. And you're right, until Redick shows he can finish at the basket, no one is gonna hedge off their man at the three point line to protect the paint. If he can show he can get his aggressiveness back (maybe he will after some big time minutes this past game), he can be integral for the Magic, with Lee and Pietrus in constant foul trouble guarding Kobe. Besides, with the way the whole team has been shooting the ball recently, it's not like it can get any worse.
Redick would probably be out of the league if he were on any other NBA team. He just doesn't have enough Profesional skills. The reason why Redick played against Boston and didn't play against Cleveland was because Ray Allen doesn't drive to the rim. He's just a run around spot up shooter and Redick is not a total liability against that. If he has to guard a guy who can drive to the rim with authority, he's pathetic.

He really shouldn't be playing now, but I guess Stan was trying different things in Game 2 just to avoid another Game 1. So Redick played early. He looked aggressively for his shot, but missed on every single one. He didn't get back into the game until Pietrus fouled out. If the Magic can make the adjustment to monitor his fouls, then I think they have a better chance. If Pietrus was in the game in the 4th, I think the Magic win. Redick is just a huge liability. He hit 1 three pointer, but that doesn't erase all the bad. I hope the Magic address SG depth this offseason with another defensive specialist type.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's not thaaaat tough a shot, the guy probably let himself drift a little too far under the basket but all he had to do was kiss it off the glass. I guarantee you, me, and especially Lee make that shot 9 times out of 10. with glee.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Stan has also been using a rotation with both Gortat and Howard in this series. We saw a little bit of it against Cleveland, but more of it now. Even Battie has seen playing time. Any time the Magic play a good Western team, they have had issues matching up defensively against their big men. While Rashard poses a match up problem for teams on offense, it becomes problematic when he's on D. The Bynum/Gasol tandem is winning the war so far. If the Magic can find a quality PF, I think that would put them over the hump as far as being able to enforce their will and versatility.

Biggest question is how Hedo's contract is handled. I'm sure he wants to be back and I fully welcome his return. I just hope the financials work out.
Old 06-08-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Redick would probably be out of the league if he were on any other NBA team. He just doesn't have enough Profesional skills. The reason why Redick played against Boston and didn't play against Cleveland was because Ray Allen doesn't drive to the rim. He's just a run around spot up shooter and Redick is not a total liability against that. If he has to guard a guy who can drive to the rim with authority, he's pathetic.

He really shouldn't be playing now, but I guess Stan was trying different things in Game 2 just to avoid another Game 1. So Redick played early. He looked aggressively for his shot, but missed on every single one. He didn't get back into the game until Pietrus fouled out. If the Magic can make the adjustment to monitor his fouls, then I think they have a better chance. If Pietrus was in the game in the 4th, I think the Magic win. Redick is just a huge liability. He hit 1 three pointer, but that doesn't erase all the bad. I hope the Magic address SG depth this offseason with another defensive specialist type.
Do you really think your team lacks another defensive specialist? What you need is someone that can score the ball when no one else can, because the Magic shooting is straight pathetic.

And i wouldn't say the MOP was trying new things out, he was forced to use Redick because of foul trouble, but they need to get used to that because you better believe Kobe is gonna get just about every call going his way.